The Downton Abbey Season 3 Thread

KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hellPosts: 21,508 Regulator
it's that time again for one of my favourite shows on tv, Downton Abbey

preview for season 3

episode one was on sunday, and it seems that downton is in peril. and what will come of mr bates?

Replies

• KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,508 Regulator

what would Downton be without the Dowager Countess? I love her

saw this parody of Downton by jimmy fallon and i must say, it is quite spot on lol

episode 1 discussion, spoiler alert
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO! This will get no love in here....great show though. Season 3 was alright...the Christmas Special was dope.
    oh well, i made this thread for @MissK more than anything,

and don't ruin it for me, i waited to watch it now so i could see it on masterpiece theater
  • MissKMissK Wonderwoman OnTheEdgePosts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Our favorite show is back!! and oh looks to be full of twists this season...

My dear Robert has lost Cora's money! Smh bad investments. Can they save Downton??

LOVED seeing S. MacLaine! She is sure to give the Countess a run for her money (the countess is my fav. character)

But why the short wedding scene?? I expected more from that one.

Poor Mr. Bates and Anna! Any ideas on who really killed his wife?

the Downton Abbey castle cost 240 million dollars and is set on six thousand acres!

Kai
  • J. WillJ. Will Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall do know this season has already been shown and is available for download....

but i dont wanna give nothing away some i'll come periodically to see how yall feel about what will go down
    J. Will wrote: »
    yall do know this season has already been shown and is available for download....

but i dont wanna give nothing away some i'll come periodically to see how yall feel about what will go down

Dont tell em about the Christmas Special....shit was uncalled for!
    rage wrote: »

Dont tell em about the Christmas Special....shit was uncalled for!

shit..i aint got to it yet...been meaning to...guess i'll get on it this week
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a sticky'd thread in the IC? wow.

I mean I know its a great show n all.....but my white granmama watches this shit lmao
    i sticky'd the shit because i can damn it lol

i love the show

anyway, robert is getting on my nerves, he's so stubborn, and doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing sometimes. he's so stuck in the old ways too

i hope matthew take livinia's money, but i know why it is hard for him

on a sidenote, i thought the actress that portrayed livinia was much more beautiful than mary

i also have a feeling i know who is gonna die, and i'm not happy about it if i'm right

edited January 2013
    MissK wrote: »

My dear Robert has lost Cora's money! Smh bad investments. Can they save Downton??

LOVED seeing S. MacLaine! She is sure to give the Countess a run for her money (the countess is my fav. character)

the Downton Abbey castle cost 240 million dollars and is set on six thousand acres!

if robert actually listens to matthew's ideas, i think downton will be fine, but will robert put his pride aside, i don't know

yes, shirley mclain was meeting each of the dowager's snotty comments with one of her own, loved it

i thought the wedding scene was kind short too @missk

i think mr bates' wife killed herself and tried to frame him because he didn't want her anymore. remember he had already went to jail behind protecting her when she was stealing from his last employer. how they are gonna prove this tho, i don't know. plus it looks like there are some unsavory characters in the prison

that castle is amazing, could you imagine living in such a place, such opulence

kai_valya wrote: »

if robert actually listens to matthew's ideas, i think downton will be fine, but will robert put his pride aside, i don't know

yes, shirley mclain was meeting each of the dowager's snotty comments with one of her own, loved it

i think mr bates' wife killed herself and tried to frame him because he didn't want her anymore. remember he had already went to jail behind protecting her when she was stealing from his last employer. how they are gonna prove this tho, i don't know. plus it looks like there are some unsavory characters in the prison

I couldnt imagine a life that....predictable I guess is the word.

i think the lavishness and beauty of it has an unpleasant side. like the predictability, having no choice in life, you have to live out the plan your parents have for you. class expectations etc

i think the lavishness and beauty of it has an unpleasant side. like the predictability, having no choice in life, you have to live out the plan your parents have for you. class expectations etc

Yup, you're watching the tale of two servants, one to Lords and the Lords to society.
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. Didn't know anyone on here watches this. I watched the first two season on Amazon in one weekend. Love it!
    @kai_valya

You are right, I did think that last season about his wife killing herself as a setup-I just forgot haha.

I also agree about class expectations and marrying for love was the exception to their rules for the most part. Even the modern day Princess of Whales-I would not want to be in her position as I am sure it is not what it's cracked up to be.
    Damn. Didn't know anyone on here watches this. I watched the first two season on Amazon in one weekend. Love it!

Welcome to the Downton fan club!

Michael_MaliceKai

Michael_Malice
    Mr. Bates is that dude
    MissKMichael_MaliceKai
    Mr. Bates is that dude

And Anna is ride or die

KaiJ. WillMichael_Malicerage
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never hated a Charecter as fast as my hate grew for Thomas.
    J. WillDillaDeaf

not even mrs o'bryan? easily the most hated person on the show. she killed their freaking baby remember? that is one spiteful bitch lol

i hate thomas too, but he can be a bit more sympathetic at times, but o'bryan is just nasty all the time

not even mrs o'bryan? easily the most hated person on the show. she killed their freaking baby remember? that is one spiteful bitch lol

i hate thomas too, but he can be a bit more sympathetic at times, but o'bryan is just nasty all the time

Man i want to tell yall so much..but wont spoil it...
    you better not, i will hurt you lol

i know it's already aired, but i waited so i'd have something to watch in jan. cuz all my other shows ended. so until the spring season starts, i'll have this and spartacus in a few weeks to watch
    MissK
    you better not, i will hurt you lol

i know it's already aired, but i waited so i'd have something to watch in jan. cuz all my other shows ended. so until the spring season starts, i'll have this and spartacus in a few weeks to watch

Lol...i'll keep my mouth shut...i'm sure youll enjoy the relationship changes between the staff...and i'll leave it at that!!!