Who is Currently the King of the South?

af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason

Who is Currently the King of the South?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Replies

• PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    Lil Wayne
    Lil Wayne.
    He generating the most money for the kingdom
    B_A
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares?
  • scrapper1scrapper1 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Brad Terrence Jordan
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    Rawse... Wayne generates more business, but his biggest asset isn't even from this country. Ross makes better music, and seems like more people rather check for a Ross verse than a Weezy verse these days.
    PK_TK_187
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    FIRE RANDY WITTMAN
    Lil Wayne
    Why Ross cant make plat if more ppl checkin for a Ross verse?
    niggas talkin out the ass.
    and Scarface? lol
    foh
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    and Scarface? lol
    foh

lol, fo real, lmaooo@ ppl checking more for a Ross verse than a verse by weezy, this forum full of comedians...
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    and Scarface? lol
    foh

Features bruh.
    2 DrawlziKingGodGivBiz
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what kind of power does being crowned the "King of the South" hold, or "King of New York", and whatever else for that matter? It is strictly the King of that area's music scene, is it strictly a music thing or does it hold value in every aspect of that individual's everyday routine in and out of music?
    genocidecutterCashmoneyDux
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god IC Veterano Holmes Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    I Woulda Said Facemob But After The Whole Lil Flip Thing It Seems Its A Title He Doesn't Want...So I Voted Rozay
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Face
    Lil Wayne
    most of Ross features be on his own artist song.
    Wayne gets the feature before Ross dude.
    fact
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    it will always be face
    Lil wayne been runnin the game for a while now, i dont even include him on the territorial shyt goin on in the south, to be honest, he on a higher level than that...

Gucci Mane owning the South right now, either him or Rozay!
    Michael_MaliceSion
    Lil Wayne
    what has Face dont for the south from 2010-present?
    what has Gucci done 2010-present?
    i'll wait
    CashmoneyDuxgns
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    T.I.
    Some lame fool in here said Gucci Mane, please that nigga aint never sold no records, never had the major hits that his peers had, or created shit for anybody to eat off of. Even Wayne has nothing that is distinctively southern about himself and has never created anything for the south.

Scarface, T.I., Jeezy, UGK (now just Bun) and Kast are the only cats that I see entering that convo if you being realistic.
    B_AlookdudemanofmorehousegenocidecutterKINGECgns
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,283 Regulator
    T.I.
    Scarface and 3000 are so much more than a "King Of The South"
    The Recipegenocidecutter
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it really all depends on what the qualifications for being this "King" is. I could say Lil Boosie is the King of the South and I would be absolutely right.
    af.r.i.c.a.GSonIIOGClarenceBoddickerlookduderatchet bity
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross
    Lil Wayne's record sales are a nonfactor
    Why?: When Carter 4 sold more than Watch The Throne & Wayne stans were partying in the street or for any other matter when Wayne's record sales are mentioned this must be said

When Rick Ross (in this case):
    Starts wearing Womens clothing
    kissing men
    Completely changes the direction of his music for white middle class teens & 106th
    Makes a rock album in a desperate attempt to prove how "different" he is
    Makes songs like "How To Love" " Prom Queen" "Lollipop" or 'Let It Rock"
    Jump on & abuse any & every trend as a 30 year old man to appeal to pre teens
    Becomes a blood when convenient, then an alien, uses autotune, then a skateboarder, then w/e is he now for attention.

and DON'T sell a mill or close to it their first week. Then and only then can this be a conversation.
    manofmorehouseStoneColdMikey
    Lil Wayne
    C3 and C4 aint shit for the south?
    brining in too major artist to bring money to the South aint shit?
    Wayne has done more from 2008-present than everyone you can name except Kast
    almighty breezeGSonIImanofmorehouse
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    T.I.
    C3 and C4 aint shit for the south?
    brining in too major artist to bring money to the South aint shit?
    Wayne has done more from 2008-present than everyone you can name except Kast

What 2 major artist did he bring in that bring money to the south? Nikki is from New York and Drake Canada and neither do anything to help the south in any way.

genocidecutter
    Lil Wayne
    that money coming to YMCMB
    a Southern brand.
    they did songs with Southern artist
    common sense
    Niggaz follow Gucci like the bible, they follow that man and eat his shyt up, and that Truth diss song, solidified it...I ain't know, we were talking about record sales, i thought impact wise, i can't think of anyone that will get more love in the south or get ppl more turnt up other than Gucci...please make sure to point out?

And like the other nigga said, i guess it depends on the criteria, if yall talking about record sales, then pull up billboards and look at the numbers and pick that way, but i dont base my decision of that..
    And if yall talking record sales, then make sure them record sales pertain to the south only...in other words judge by the units that they move soly in the south....if yall want to look at record sales that is...
    2 Drawlz
  • S2JS2J Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Who wants to be the 'king' of the south when they let 2 Chainz, Gucci Man, Waka Flocka Flame, any ngga with a hit song run their shyt like its whatever

Bein king of that shyt is literally equivalent to wifin a jump off. That title dont mean shyt and i BET Scarface n 3k would agree