KID CUDI THREATENS LABEL: "I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS F**KIN HOLY IN THIS WORLD"

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter I'm More Busta Rhymes Than Martin LawrencePosts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason
G.O.O.D. Music's Kid Cudi is letting his voice be heard over not receiving the same amount of support and effort from Universal Republic as other artists, threatening "problems" to come if his issues do not get resolved.

Cudi unloaded his emotions and problems in an unexpected swoop Tuesday (January 8) evening.
"King Wizard 3.4 million views on Vevo, Just What I Am has 4.3 million and my sh*t is not on regular rotation on radio. Hmmm.," he tweeted.

"Trinidad James got 4.1 million views on his hit (rightfully so), and I hear that jam EVERYWHERE. Wheres my f*ckin spins???"

"Im talkin numbers. Im talkin stats."
"To my label, I swear to all that is fuckin holy in this world, if things dont change soon, theres gonna be some problems"
"I worked too hard on all this sh*t.

Producing, writing, directing AND executing the sh*t proper. I did my part, I put in work. Wtf"

"Yall kno I cuts no slack. Not w my music. Every song is my life. A piece of my f*ckin tormented soul. It matters to me. I give a f*ck"
"Done goin off and snappin my head side to side

:)pic.twitter.com/UIJWfr5t"
"Aint nobody got time for that!!" (Kid Cudi's Twitter)

Back in March, Cudder defended lashing out at Universal Republic over lackluster support for his joint WZRD album.

"We were really hoping to have more [promotion], but at this point, it's a dead issue," Cudi said in an interview. "The numbers kind of speak for themselves. It lets people know that I'm not out here taking crazy pills. When I get passionate about something, and people hear me kind of outraged, it's not coming from a place of me being irrational, or being difficult to work with. I believe in something I've created." (Billboard)

http://www.sohh.com/2013/01/kid_cudi_threatens_label_i_swear_to_all.html
iKingGodGivBizAggyAFAlready Home_17Fy_HunnitMzBlackAX410black caesarLurk_HinrichNah SonCashmoneyDuxidoitforhiphop10

Replies

• iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 17,013 Regulator
    i actually was playing both songs on youtube today wondering the same damn thing.. I hope his shit leaks early tho on the low...
    mohamedMasterALFrank
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what a cry baby.
    MrCrookedLettersoul rattlerMasterALFrankidoitforhiphop10
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i fucks with some kid cudi songs but lol at this nigga throwing a hissy fit i cant stand other kid cudi fans they act like any thing he does is legendary when more of it is overated as fuck. That solo song on the good music album was trash.
    MasterALFrankidoitforhiphop10
  • AggyAFAggyAF duppy know who fi frighten Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    man i fucks with some kid cudi songs but lol at this nigga throwing a hissy fit i cant stand other kid cudi fans they act like any thing he does is legendary when more of it is overated as fuck. That solo song on the good music album was trash.

cs bolded
    ns underlined
    MasterALFrank
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins West coastin'Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The label could give him a Jay-Z budget and push it harder than any project in music history, he still wouldn't move significant units. People just don't fuck with Cudi like that. Don't know why.
    Fy_HunnitMzfuc_i_look_likePiffyHazeJudah BackMrCrookedLetterandre_1024R.D.silverfoxxMasterALFrankericb4prezCashmoneyDux
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i get high while listening to KiD CuDi from time to time, hell i got high just with that Just What I Am song on repeat once, im still waiting for his next album (unless its some WZRD shit, fuck that)
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter I'm More Busta Rhymes Than Martin Lawrence Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the CS album back in Sept. and I have never listened to the Cudi song all the way through, just like the first 10 seconds, how is it?
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ its meh, same with that King Wizard track.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should rap about bitches and mollys more often.

word " sniff some cocaine im sweating wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The label could give him a Jay-Z budget and push it harder than any project in music history, he still wouldn't move significant units. People just don't fuck with Cudi like that. Don't know why.

nigga stop, both of his man on the moon albums did huge numbers. Man on the moon 2 debuted at number 3 on the billboard top 200. His other album had a few grammy nominations.He sold more units first week than almost any other artist. You're ignorant.
    IceBergTaylorJudah BackMasterALFrank
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cudi's only bad album was the last one, WZRD. I can understand them not putting their weight behind that album but hopefully they do with this one. The couple songs he's released so far have been good.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cudi's first album was great, everything since then been meh.... There not gonna be able to judge how well he'll sell off top tens and shit like that though but he does have a lot of fans....
    R.D.
  • King Lee King Lee Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    He's right Cudi has been dropping gems and the radio isn't picking that shit up. He doesn't get play on the pop stations and urban stations, what's going on with his promotion?
    MasterALFrankBender RodriguezLeviathan616
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 21,059 Regulator
    Well nigga better get on his grind, Trinidad James, Rick Ross, Jeezy, Kendrick Lamar, Cole etc. hustle hard, they swarm social media, they swarm the streets, you know when a Ross album coming by his grind/work ethic. Producing, writing, directing aint got much to do with marketing. It's 2013, these niggas have been in the game too long to be blaming album blunders on the label. Shits tiring man SMMFH.
    memphis10
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthfully Cudi usually is on some missing in action type shit. Its like dude hides in a cave. He needs to be seen he cant depend on just the music even though thats how it should be. I'm shocked he isnt gettin any burn tho cause King Wizard is dope as fuck.
    MasterALFrank
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. I Said You Know What Girl? ......... ... ....... You Crazy #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cudi dope ... hopefully this shit gets worked out
    KLICHEMasterALFrank
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    i actually think Kid Cudi has a chance to be bigger than what he is.

he has a point by the label not giving him the same push as he writes, produces, and arranging the album HIMSELF. besides Kanye not to many Hip Hop artist are producing, writing, and arranging thier whole albums.

Kid Cudi has been successful tho with two Gold critically acclaimed albums, Grammy nods, and a few hits.

i do think Cudi could be bigger if the label just put thier all into him just once. his music covers alt of demographics
    MasterALFrank
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 44,445 Regulator
    that SLS (that he's to pussy to disengage traction control on) aint gon pay for itself.

but yo.... fuck that emo ass nigga...

cant wait for this nigga to off himself.

KILL YOURSELF ALREADY CUDI!!!

this that other type of 90's nigga i was telling yall about.
    MasterALFranktwentyfivelightersKLICHELeviathan616