Hip Hop Sales 1/9/2013

AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardieZoo JerseyPosts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
#14. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - 36,000 (620,000)

#15. T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head - 36,000 (288,000)

#21. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 23,000 (237,000)

#33. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.F.I.C. - 16,000 (268,000)

#39. 2 Chainz - Based on a T.R.U. Story - 14,000 (492,000)

#44. Game - Jesus Piece - 14,000 (160,000)

#49. Chief Keef - Finally Rich - 12,000 (91,000)

#62. Meek Mill - Dreams & Nightmares - 9,000 (304,000)

#73. Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up - 7,000 (792,000)

#125. Big Boi - Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors - 4,000 (53,000)

other albums still in the Top 200 included Cruel Summer (93), GFID (173), Lace Up (119), Pluto (134), Take Care (132)

Replies

• The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Big Boi still doing Kreyshawn Numbas, LOL coming from a Diamond selling dou this is pathetic, a disappointment, underwhelming, an underachievement or simply put an L.
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao...damn Game fell off hard. Tip might just flop too
    The Recipe
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    k-dot should be near plat by the end of next yr
    aladdin1978
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG BOY IS ON DEF JAM BUT GET ZERO PROMO..

IM A BIG OUTKAST FAN AND THE ONLY REASON I KNEW HE WAS DROPPING WAS BECAUSE OF THE "REASON"

BIG BOY BE DROPPING THE BULLSHYT SINGLES, HE SHOULD STARTED OFF WITH "THE A" AND WENT ON FROM THERE..
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Big Boi still doing Kreyshawn Numbas, LOL coming from a Diamond selling dou this is pathetic, a disappointment, underwhelming, an underachievement or simply put an L.
    Kendrick will be Plat by summer

TI, Meek, Wiz will recieve Gold plaques.

Chief keef floppped (Duhh!)

and how does Big Boi sell that low ??? he should at least be pushing for gold plaques everytime. wat happen to Outkast HUGE fanbase ???

The Game album was dope hope he recieves a gold plaque for dat.

i though Nicki was Plat and 2 Chainz numbers are higher than expected.

what were you expected from Big Boi? How much do you think SLLF sold?
    JDSTAYWITIT.aladdin1978
  • chiyosukechiyosuke Nerd's Eye Vhue East Nashville, TNPosts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick is right on Nicki's heels in such a short amount of time. The rest of this shyt it disappointing as fuck, especially Big Boi. Also, lol @ Tip closing in on Meek
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's tough out there Meek not seeing gold. I think Ti will tho. K Dot might go plat

i'm cop that TI and Game album soon they both worth a purchase
    sapp08_2001

and how does Big Boi sell that low ??? he should at least be pushing for gold plaques everytime. wat happen to Outkast HUGE fanbase ???

I expect him to out sell Chief Keef.
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭

i was saying the same thing when SLLF dropped. i dont understand how he cant go at least GOLD (not to late tho). Outkast was selling multi-Plat. i would just think that some of those fans were actually loyal cuz Big Bois albums are dope.

i bet if Andre 3k released a album it would be Plat and Grammy nominated. Def Jam shitted on BB with the promo

The Recipesapp08_2001buttuh_b
    nj2089 wrote: »
    k-dot should be near plat by the end of next yr

the end of next year as in 2014...lmao

dude has album sold 600k+ in 2 months. i think with a video for "Poetic Justice" and maybe 1or 2 more singles could push him to 900k around June. so thats selling 300k in 5 months. very possible.

i was saying the same thing when SLLF dropped. i dont understand how he cant go at least GOLD (not to late tho). Outkast was selling multi-Plat. i would just think that some of those fans were actually loyal cuz Big Bois albums are dope.

i bet if Andre 3k released a album it would be Plat and Grammy nominated. Def Jam shitted on BB with the promo

I doubt it, if that was the case he wouldn't have 0 solo albums. instead he would have multiple Platinum Solo Albums and Multiple Solo Grammy nominations.
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I expect him to out sell Chief Keef.

Chief Keef had a hit and radio play and more buzz so I knew he wouldn't sell as much as Keef
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shout out 2 Chainz tho

I doubt it, if that was the case he wouldn't have 0 solo albums. instead he would have multiple Platinum Solo Albums and Multiple Solo Grammy nominations.

not true. Andre has 0 album cuz he DOES NOT WANT TO PUT OUT A ALBUM RITE NOW. in da future if we do get a Andre album, im pretty sure its gonna be huge and will probably do Big Boi numbers its first day in store.

Andre 3k is one of the most anticipated artist to drop a album. i dont think its one label who wouldnt sign Andre with a cray work ethic.
    edited January 2013

not true. Andre has 0 album cuz he DOES NOT WANT TO PUT OUT A ALBUM RITE NOW. in da future if we do get a Andre album, im pretty sure its gonna be huge and will probably do Big Boi numbers its first day in store.

Andre 3k is one of the most anticipated artist to drop a album. i dont think its one label who wouldnt sign Andre with a cray work ethic.

He dont want to put out a album right now he aint never put out a solo rap album and he been in the game for almost 20 years. How niggas gone herald you as a goat and you dont have no solo albums in 20 years.
    sapp08_2001
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I brought a copy of Big Boi last album but this shit he just dropped is wack, and not worth a purchase.

A lot things factor into him not selling well tho.

He's the other guy of the duo
    Folks always give 3000 stacks so much props that it hurts Big Boi
    no mainstream music to garner any attention
    totally different climate in terms of sales since they went plat as a group
    folks used to them as a group not solo
    plus hey ya, roses, the way you move were all major hits. sorry mrs jackson, so fresh and so clean. major hits
    and tho they always kept it hip hop they had a crossover hits. shit was being played on pop and urban stations. not so much with big boi solo music
    folks not supporting what they like and just downloaded it
    oh and the album is wack

The Recipesapp08_2001JDSTAYWITIT.jayvon32
    majority of his career he was in a group. they released at least 3 classic album and Andre 3k has always been looked at the best in da group and one of the best in the suth period. his legendary status has cemented him as a GOAT in Hip Hop. if he does released solo albums then thhat will make him an Icon in da industry (if the music is hot, 9 outta 10 it will be). thats how he became a GOAT in 20 years without solo albums.his work has been that good whether with group or not.
    majority of his career he was in a group. they released at least 3 classic album and Andre 3k has always been looked at the best in da group and one of the best in the suth period. his legendary status has cemented him as a GOAT in Hip Hop. if he does released solo albums then thhat will make him an Icon in da industry (if the music is hot, 9 outta 10 it will be). thats how he became a GOAT in 20 years without solo albums.his work has been that good whether with group or not.

Stop Trolling fam.
    sapp08_2001lookdude
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭
    other albums still in the Top 200 included Cruel Summer (93), GFID (173), Lace Up (119), Pluto (134), Take Care (132)

anyone got the total numbers on these 3?.....oh and DMX's album?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Yea, i didnt even know Big Boi dropped till I saw it on hear... 0 promo... 2Chainz going gold by next week, not sure if Kendrick will make it all the way to Plat though... I dont see that happening.
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, i didnt even know Big Boi dropped till I saw it on hear... 0 promo... 2Chainz going gold by next week, not sure if Kendrick will make it all the way to Plat though... I dont see that happening.

Don't sleep on him. He's got those number within a few months so by summer it should be platinum. Unlike officer ross,future, meek, mgk and cruel summer
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these rappers be acting like they really moving units and the fans be letting them LOL ;) only one who can talk big shit in 2013 is kendrick everyone else needs to quite down and keep grinding !!
    sapp08_2001Monizzle14The RecipeMrCrookedLetter
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

Big Boi dont got that machine no more ... theres no way to move big units with a machine or some sort of gimick or some kind of grass roots natural buzz (which is very rare).... but all in all it really dont matter hes already sold ..... it would be good to keep selling but most artist dont even get the opp to continue to make albums after 10years in the game ....
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

meek and wiz will have a hard time getting that gold plaque as in it might take an entire year of 2013 if not longer. Meek don't have another single that could have legs not to mention hes moving on to DC3. Whipped could possibly eek out another pop single but i don't know how much that will equate to people buying the entire album.

GSonII