When is New York gonna start accepting thier new generation...

kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
when we talk Hip Hop all New York can bring up is da fact they birthed Hip Hop and wha albums they dropped in da 90s.

when is NY people gonna let go of the past and focus on thier next group of artist. this is the reason NY has been on Top for about 10 years because they wanna hold on to da likes of Jay, Nas, & Wu Tang members.

this is why Jadakiss never reach King of NY cuz NY was stuck on Jay, Nas, & BIG.

or why Fab & Juelz never got to reach thier peaks.

Saigon & Papoose went from being next up to just mixtape rappers.

50 Cent made a huge impact 10 years ago just to let NY down by dissing everybody and dropping medicore shyt after his debut. he was kinda like da last hope.

Now New York has ASAP Rocky, Vado, Action Bronson, Joey Badass, fred da Godson, Flatbush Zombies, etc.

will they let the chance of re-taking over Hip Hop go again like they have many times in da past 10 years??

sapp08_2001soul rattlerWild SelfDr.Chemix

Replies

• AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    retake over Hip Hop. Prolly not. But release dope albums? yes.
    The Recipesapp08_2001Already Home_17andre_1024
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    They aint accepting them because half of them you listed are wack or wear dresses.

so whos hot in New York ???
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i think jada can't reach king b/c he's monotone never switches his flow and drops a album every 55 years

yea the time has passed him for the KONY title around the time of his second album. its too late now...thats why im asking when is NY gon let go of the older cats and start accepting the new.
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't gonna lie that asap mob mixtape goes in too
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when we talk Hip Hop all New York can bring up is da fact they birthed Hip Hop and wha albums they dropped in da 90s.

when is NY people gonna let go of the past and focus on thier next group of artist. this is the reason NY has been on Top for about 10 years because they wanna hold on to da likes of Jay, Nas, & Wu Tang members.

this is why Jadakiss never reach King of NY cuz NY was stuck on Jay, Nas, & BIG.

or why Fab & Juelz never got to reach thier peaks.

Saigon & Papoose went from being next up to just mixtape rappers.

50 Cent made a huge impact 10 years ago just to let NY down by dissing everybody and dropping medicore shyt after his debut. he was kinda like da last hope.

Now New York has ASAP Rocky, Vado, Action Bronson, Joey Badass, fred da Godson, Flatbush Zombies, etc.

will they let the chance of re-taking over Hip Hop go again like they have many times in da past 10 years??

Action Bronson..Joey Badass are dope... Fred Da Godson, Vado are ok....IDK what to call Asap he have some nice verses but he be on that fag shit to get attention...

Flatbush Zombies are wack as fuck.
    OGClarenceBoddicker*~queenbee~*rip.dilla
  • hiphop12345hiphop12345 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think jada can't reach king b/c he's monotone never switches his flow and drops a album every 55 years

yea the time has passed him for the KONY title around the time of his second album. its too late now...thats why im asking when is NY gon let go of the older cats and start accepting the new.

You from NY nigga?
  • a_lista_list Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y do you care about what other people like?
    *~queenbee~*
  • CandleguyCandleguy Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    People don't want to admit it but the entire hiphop culture is waiting for NY to blow again. They want it, they need it.

Not likely though because there is not much unity around here.

Lab BabyPiffyHazePK_TK_187
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic has never been discussed before.

• Ear2ThaStEar2ThaSt Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiss is a poor man's top 5 rapper. Not a great rapper, decent though.

Juelz is too lazy to get anywhere in the game. 8 years since his last album, his mixtapes have more pushbacks than detox. and Fab isn't that great of a rapper. He found his niche making songs for the ladies without going full simp though.

Papoose has dropped less albums than Juelz has, shit his wife Remy Ma has more buzz than him and she's locked up. Saigon is on more of the conscience/political rap side these days, and as a result he's not going to blow up with thought provoking and uplifting lyrics, which is a shame but that's just how the industry is.

*~queenbee~*
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Good points. I was been sayin that the "silver" generation (Jada, Fab, Juelz, Pap, anyone over 30 but not over 40) got so spoiled by the previous generation that they spent their whole careers in their shadows merely paying homage. Jada wanted to be Big, Fab wanted to be Mase and Jay, Pap wanted to be Big L, etc. No one developed their own style, and paid for it in the end. I think we're just now starting to grow out of that with the new generation being influenced by other regions. I hate ASAP with a passion, but he has his own style and has a promising career, depending on what his next move is. The new generation is promising, but we need an DMX/Big Pun/50 to jump start shit and shock the industry.

Great thing about threads like this, it's always perfect grounds for self promotion :D

Wild SelfThe Recipe*~queenbee~*mike06
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candleguy wrote: »
    People don't want to admit it but the entire hiphop culture is waiting for NY to blow again. They want it, they need it.

Not likely though because there is not much unity around here.

the new scene is unified. The just need time to grow and mature
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    maybe because most of the new generation was just decent, mediocre, nothing special, lazy, or wack as fuck
    The Recipe
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Good points. I was been sayin that the "silver" generation (Jada, Fab, Juelz, Pap, anyone over 30 but not over 40) got so spoiled by the previous generation that they spent their whole careers in their shadows merely paying homage. Jada wanted to be Big, Fab wanted to be Mase and Jay, Pap wanted to be Big L, etc. No one developed their own style, and paid for it in the end. I think we're just now starting to grow out of that with the new generation being influenced by other regions. I hate ASAP with a passion, but he has his own style and has a promising career, depending on what his next move is. The new generation is promising, but we need an DMX/Big Pun/50 to jump start shit and shock the industry.

Great thing about threads like this, it's always perfect grounds for self promotion :D

the silver generation aka the underachievers. The encouraged rappers from NY to think very narrow minded and hated the south when it blew up. NY has this generational gap that makes the Hipster rappers like ASAP compete against the old vets that still on the 90s shit. Lack of unity and progression made NY into the laughing stock in Hip Hop.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Knight Jones turns 16
    The Recipe*~queenbee~*
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »

the silver generation aka the underachievers. The encouraged rappers from NY to think very narrow minded and hated the south when it blew up. NY has this generational gap that makes the Hipster rappers like ASAP compete against the old vets that still on the 90s shit. Lack of unity and progression made NY into the laughing stock in Hip Hop.

dope group from Flatbush lmao
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched You're favorite melanin enriched gentleman Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do ppl talk about Papoose like he's relevant or something
    So you gonna act like bucket naked wasn't a NY hit and didn't have the radio stations locked?
    *~queenbee~*
    Vaas wrote: »
    why do ppl talk about Papoose like he's relevant or something
    So you gonna act like bucket naked wasn't a NY hit and didn't have the radio stations locked?

i had to search that song.

It came out in 2010.

How is Papoose relevant again?
    Ear2ThaStThe Recipemike06