Talent in hip hop is overrated...

BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
just cuz you found 3 words that rhyme with orange don't mean you can make a hot song
stop whinin, muhfucka, and make music somebody likes
if you can manage to slip in some talent, good for you
2 DrawlzP. Town32DaysOfInfinitieternal soldierGhostdenithegawdiKingGodGivBizrageMeta_Conscioussoul rattlerMorganFreemanKingloch121GSonIIAggyAF

Replies

• Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously cuz?
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shots fired @ who?
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @BackInWhite

You might as well blame Rakim, Kane and Kool G Rap for this...it would've been easier.
    loch121
  • UrbanScribeUrbanScribe Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I hope your trying to say that marketing dollars and industry hype behind wack artist causes them to over shadow the talented artist.
    loch121
    I hope your trying to say that marketing dollars and industry hype behind wack artist causes them to over shadow the talented artist.

Nah..basically in the T/S words:

"Rhyming multi-syllable phrases don't pay the bills or grant you 2Chainz/French Montana fame."
    loch121
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ain't got no names to name
    i just be seein niggas in here angry cuz they favorite rapper ain't gettin no shine
    it ain't that talent is overlooked and wack niggas reign supreme
    look at kendrick lamar
    look at drake
    look at countless other talented niggas that's doin decent to great numbers
    the 1 difference between them and Webster's Dictionary Quoter #1 is that they make enjoyable music
    all these other excuses is just that, excuses
    icecoldstew don't make me fuck yo mama in the neck hole she got from havin cancer from smokin too many black n milds while she was pregnant wit you, boy
    2 DrawlzThe RecipeLab Baby
    edited January 2013
    i ain't got no names to name
    i just be seein niggas in here angry cuz they favorite rapper ain't gettin no shine
    it ain't that talent is overlooked and wack niggas reign supreme
    look at kendrick lamar
    look at drake
    look at countless other talented niggas that's doin decent to great numbers
    the 1 difference between them and Webster's Dictionary Quoter #1 is that they make enjoyable music
    all these other excuses is just that, excuses
    icecoldstew don't make me fuck yo mama in the neck hole she got from havin cancer from smokin too many black n milds while she was pregnant wit you, boy

Which artists in the quoted post are you referring to for example? You could at least do that..
    whoever yo favorite artist is
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,274 Regulator
    Tell us why u really mad homie? You and them killas u call rap buddies cant get on?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Even though I probably disagree with the reasoning behind what your saying I agree. There are plenty of talented niggas in hip-hop who can't make a hot album to save their lives(word to jadakiss). Talent is cool, but if you can't do shit with it who gives a fuck. Having said that just because you make some catchy shit that I might bump just as much as a more talented artist, that doesn't mean I view both of you guys as equals...
    i don't rap, icecoldstewpid
    go jack off to a ti poster, fuck boy
    DMTxTHCfvckisup
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,274 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    i don't rap, icecoldstewpid
    go jack off to a ti poster, fuck boy

But u hang out with Killa rap niggas right? Is it cause they cant get on is what makes you so mad at actual talented rappers?
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @BackInWhite

You might as well blame Rakim, Kane and Kool G Rap for this...it would've been easier.

Rakim and Big Daddy Kane knew how to make songs though
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought talent was being able to make songs using ur skill of rapping....

rage
  • TB.BoyTB.Boy Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    talent isnt overated in hip hop but multysyllabic rhyming without reason is though.When Camrons doing it in this song

Compared to what Em and jay are doing in this song

Theres a difference bro
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Damn @BackInWhite

True...so basically this is a trolling thread without naming names.

The only artists I could draw up from this discussion is Jadakiss, Canibus, Royce the 5'9 etc.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    That doesn't make any sense... You have effectively been brainwashed
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this thread remind me of the rappers who wont name names after they claim the game is full of wack rappers

thread was clearly made after the t/s caught feelings from previous threads/posters
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name names scary ass nigga

you know he aint gon do that

he caught some feelings he bitching woo!
    caught some feelings he bitching woo!

Lab Baby
    look at the fuck niggas circle jerkin in this bitch
    monizzle don't you got a ymcmb hate thread to make?
    ain't no names to name, why don't you niggas understand that?
    this is just a random thought
    it ain't even strictly for dictionary rappers
    some of these boring ass "the struggle" rappers need to start makin enjoyable struggle music
    you niggas don't hear me tho
    most of you niggas is beats by dre wearin, back pack wearin, hypebeast, tagged profile havin geeks anyway
    Lab Baby32DaysOfInfiniti
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOSE Headphones >>>>>>> Beats by Dre
    Lab Baby32DaysOfInfiniti
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Damn @BackInWhite

True...so basically this is a trolling thread without naming names.

The only artists I could draw up from this discussion is Jadakiss, Canibus, Royce the 5'9 etc.

if u can draw up those names, then how is this thread trolling?