Has anyone wit no injury fell off worse then Vince Carter

BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREATPosts: 27,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
smh man watchin mavs games dis year has been tough. Flabby nd sick aint even da word to describe how bad Vince Carter looks right now. I grew up seeing him in his prime wit amazing dunks, an underrated 3 point touch nd versatility dat was slept on. Dude was a bonafide 25ppg scorer for years doin dat 5 times, his career high was 27.6 ppg in 2000-01 nd he has a chance to pass Larry Bird dis year wit his current 21,564 career points. His numbers eva since 2009-10 (16.6 ppg) have declined nd now he's a 10ppg scorer. so da question is wat happened? was it lack of heart? dis guy had similar skills wit Kobe did he just lack da work ethic? Kobe is around da same age but leadin da league in scorin, Paul Pierce is da same age nd averaging 20ppg, Vince not only lost a step but not even close to wat he used to be. So once again i ask has any NBA player wit no serious injury eva declined nd lost their skills worse then Vince Carter?
Shizlansky

Replies

• BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 27,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

highlights from one of da best series of da last decade Vince is one of da biggest enigma's in NBA history
    CP203
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nigga old now, ain't too many 35 year old's still putting up numbers like they in their 20's
    1CK1SRubato Garciawill grimey
    The nigga old now, ain't too many 35 year old's still putting up numbers like they in their 20's

nah it was sumthin different about Vince man, he neva gave it his all nd maxed out to his potential IMO even before he went to Orlando his will to win was kinda shaky
    Freudian
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilbert Arenas?
    greenwood1921KNiGHTSpurpngoldVader_F_Kennedy

Vince used to score so easily dude neva maxed out
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    smh man watchin mavs games dis year has been tough. Flabby nd sick aint even da word to describe how bad Vince Carter looks right now. I grew up seeing him in his prime wit amazing dunks, an underrated 3 point touch nd versatility dat was slept on. Dude was a bonafide 25ppg scorer for years doin dat 5 times, his career high was 27.6 ppg in 2000-01 nd he has a chance to pass Larry Bird dis year wit his current 21,564 career points. His numbers eva since 2009-10 (16.6 ppg) have declined nd now he's a 10ppg scorer. so da question is wat happened? was it lack of heart? dis guy had similar skills wit Kobe did he just lack da work ethic? Kobe is around da same age but leadin da league in scorin, Paul Pierce is da same age nd averaging 20ppg, Vince not only lost a step but not even close to wat he used to be. So once again i ask has any NBA player wit no serious injury eva declined nd lost their skills worse then Vince Carter?

Vince is a lazy nigga...plain and simple. Oh and he has terrible BBall IQ....oh and he's not in Kobe's league. Never has been
    Inglewood_B
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he didn't fall off, he got old. thats normal, especially for a guy who relied so much on his jumping ability. I think his career is on a pretty normal progression. but he's had injuries. thats why they call him Wince
    rage wrote: »

Vince is a lazy nigga...plain and simple. Oh and he has terrible BBall IQ....oh and he's not in Kobe's league. Never has been

i aint say he was in da same league but they had similar skill sets VC could shoot, drive, rebound, nd had a nice post fadeaway he also had some decent assist seasons. even wit his decline he averages 21ppg for his career
    Matt- wrote: »
    he didn't fall off, he got old. thats normal, especially for a guy who relied so much on his jumping ability. I think his career is on a pretty normal progression. but he's had injuries. thats why they call him Wince

it was sumthin different bout him tho even before he got older his attitude was shitty nd his numbers declined. his last year in Toronto when he was intentionally doggin it nd passin up open shots is when his peers started seperating from him. even T-Mac had more heart then him nd he had more serious injuries
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

nah it was sumthin different about Vince man, he neva gave it his all nd maxed out to his potential IMO even before he went to Orlando his will to win was kinda shaky

What was his potential cause he wasn't go put up numbers like Kobe. Vince averaging 21 points for his career that seems pretty good for his skillset
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »

it was sumthin different bout him tho even before he got older his attitude was shitty nd his numbers declined. his last year in Toronto when he was intentionally doggin it nd passin up open shots is when his peers started seperating from him. even T-Mac had more heart then him nd he had more serious injuries

hell he was never really known for having a great attitude, who knows maybe he was trying to prove a point. but he was straight in New Jersey. and lil in Orlando. wasn't really until well after his 10th year than he declined. spending 30 years jumping over fools probably tears up the knees pretty good
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭✭
    he got big headed and maybe the pressure and losing got to him...but i thought he did somethin to his knee one year either in Toronto or New Jersey

maybe missing that late 3(under all that scrunity of going to his graduation) in the ECF vs. Philly really reeeeeeeally effected him mentally....
    Shawn kemp.

forgot bout him fuckin wit dat nasal candy bka white girl on da low low
    mike06 wrote: »
    he got big headed and maybe the pressure and losing got to him...but i thought he did somethin to his knee one year either in Toronto or New Jersey

maybe missing that late 3(under all that scrunity of going to his graduation) in the ECF vs. Philly really reeeeeeeally effected him mentally....

i remember dat after dat season iont think things were da same
    an answer i got on twitter was Vin Baker dat nigga became an alchoholic after da lockout nd was neva da same again
    Lurkristocrat CP203
  • S2JS2J Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly we expect too much from guys.

You cant just transport 'heart, drive, etc.' into a guy. He is what he is.

ocelot
    edited January 2013
    And just b/c nggas dont go down like D rose dont mean injuries dotn derial their career:
    During his Raptors tenure, news came out that Carter had developed Sinding-Larsen-Johansson disease also known as "jumper's knee," which drew criticism and questions from local media outlets and fans about Carter's long term durability as a NBA scorer
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince was good, but he was never the type of player that people tried to make him. He was another one that got the "Next Jordan" title for a while. The problem is he never had Jordan's heart or mind. He just had some talent and a lot of pure athleticism. That makes for a very exciting player, but not an all time superstar like people believed he'd be.
    Crude_Inglewood_Bnawledge_godking hassan

What was his potential cause he wasn't go put up numbers like Kobe. Vince averaging 21 points for his career that seems pretty good for his skillset

idk it just seemed he neva paid attention to his craft like ova wing stars he was wit. dude seemed to neva give 100% yea he's got good career numbers but dat chip on his shoulder/ will to win neva matched his talent level IMO
    Vin m'fin Baker Lol Team Jordan original member hahaha Eddie Jones, Mike Finley...
    jayhi22
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Injuries did fuck up vince's career tho to say they didn't would be crazy

KNiGHTS