What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Big K.R.I.T. Announces New Mixtape "K.R.I.T. (King Remembered In Time)"...

stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22496/title.big-krit-announces-new-mixtape-krit-king-remembered-in-time
Big K.R.I.T. Announces New Mixtape "K.R.I.T. (King Remembered In Time)"

Big K.R.I.T. reveals details about his next mixtape "K.R.I.T. (King Remembered In Time)."

With his debut album Live From the Underground still ringing in listeners' ears, it's hard to believe that Big K.R.I.T. would ready to jump head-first into his next project. Now, in a recent interview 3 Little Digs via Complex, the Def Jam emcee announces his next mixtape.

While recording an upcoming song with producer Mike WiLL Made It, K.R.I.T. revealed the title of his next mixtape K.R.I.T. (King Remembered In Time). The Mississippi rapper also revealed that his next mixtape and album will not be entirely self-produced, and will both hopefully feature Mike Will on the boards.

"I feel blessed today just to be an artist. I came in here, I just rapped, I ain't had to do shit-else, I ain't got to mix, [Mike Will Made It] handled all the production shit, and I get to rap," he said. "I'm excited. I wrote my verse, I recorded and I sat the fuck down. He was like, 'I'ma chop this up, I'ma screw this up'…I ain't producing my whole next album, so that means that the homie right here is definitely going to be a part of my album. Just be on the look out for that…I ain't gonna tell you the name of the next album name, but I will tell you the next mixtape, K.R.I.T. (King Remembered In Time), be on the look out for that. There will be production from [Mike Will] on that, if he'll bless me with that."
vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
TB.BoyP. TownA1000MILESrip.dillaidoitforhiphop10hueyFyHunnitblackrainMiltown MarauderKINGECsoul rattlerTonyDubbzRubato GarciaCJCP203t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088D.D.S.

Replies

• Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's actually due for a project cuz niggas wont really fckin wit Live from the Underground
    FyHunnitMiltown MarauderTonyDubbzvslykealaddin1978D.D.S.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st project of the year I'm actually checking for
    aladdin1978
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait.
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see how this goes. It'll be dope no doubt

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

CJ
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less mixtapes, More albums.
    StewFyHunnitCP203D.D.S.
  • CJCJ Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice...looking forward to it.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    1st project of the year I'm actually checking for
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Can't wait.

We'll see how this goes. It'll be dope no doubt

• UrbanScribeUrbanScribe Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he will have a new sound due to not producing the next album.. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that aspect but KRIT is a solid artist to say the least.
    COMING MAY 1ST 2013!!!!
    52mgxk.jpg
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered what KRIT stood for.
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I wondered what KRIT stood for.

You late. He said it on either Krit Wuz Here or R4
    hueyFyHunnitsoul rattlerCP203D.D.S.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if he will have a new sound due to not producing the next album.. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that aspect but KRIT is a solid artist to say the least.

well he flopped hard b/c folks didn't support the old sound so I can't be mad at him. he's not trying ot get dropped
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He knows it's time to step away from the boards...Hope J. Cole is doin the same...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    StillFaggyAFidoitforhiphop10
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    He knows it's time to step away from the boards...Hope J. Cole is doin the same...

Krit's beats go hard though

They do...But the joints on the album ain't have a "current single sound"...Which is bullshit, but hoppin on a Mike Will beat will prolly be good for him...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

well he flopped hard b/c folks didn't support the old sound so I can't be mad at him. he's not trying ot get dropped

He flopped because Def Jam dropped the ball.. and did push & promote him right...
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    Miltown Maraudersoul rattlerGSonII
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

He flopped because Def Jam dropped the ball.. and did push & promote him right...

did or didn't?
    MF_Doomerville
  • southernmadesouthernmade Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

did or didn't?

Didn't.....

honestly I fuck with Krit heavy but I was dissappointed in the album....all of those songs on Live From the Underground are replaceable with his mixtape songs except for Praying Man....

Krit didnt make the music to reach the masses on the album.....and Def Jam didnt exactly help with that either....they were focussed on 2chainz.....sucks for Krit but I get it, I'm not really a fan of chainz but dudes hustle put him on the radio and he made hot songs whether I liked them or not....Krit needs to get one of these songs off this upcoming mix tape to end up on radio....Krit also needs to do more features.....he's kind of out of sight out of mind.....he's not seen or heard enough in my opinion...
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind paying to hear this. Can he release this as a digital album?

• blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,501 Regulator
    Initially I was disappointed with Krit's album, til I realized I kept listening to it...Porchlight, Praying Man, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Live From The Underground reprise version, Hydroplaning, My Sub 2, and If I Fall are all good songs...it's not as good as his mixtapes, but it wasn't as bad as most thought, even myself, when it first came out
    FyHunnitCP203
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice...looking forward to it.

• StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 51,265 Regulator
    I stand corrected. Point still stands. Thanks for your hard work.
    soul rattlerBender Rodriguez
  • andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet he only produces a third or so of his next album..
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

did or didn't?

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg