What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Looking back at how Lil Jon packaged and released Trillville's album...

P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
Welcome+To+Trillville+trillville++lil+scrappy.jpg
2928378.jpg

The Album was called The King of Crunk & BME Recordings Present: Trillville with Lil Scrappy. Instead of releasing a Trillville album and a Lil Scrappy album, he put both they album's on one disc. The first 10 songs was Trillville's album and the last 10 was Scrappy's album. Both albums had 2 charting hits a piece in 'Neva Eva' and 'Some Cut' from Trillville and 'Head Bussa' and 'No Problems' from Scrappy, and the album went Gold.

My question is, do ya'll think it was a smart move looking back?
And should more folks consider doing their albums in this format? Like say the 100,000 artist signed to Young Money?
tompetrez3 wrote: »
All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
sapp08_2001MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

Replies

• 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas were lazy for doing that but other than that most of the tracks from that album were whip worthy @ the time!!!
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah its a smart move. Because either way he made a profit and sold em seperately later
    nohiphop1
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    that album went hard to be honest, you gotta have a system in the whip to appreciate though

Trillville's album was hard. Lil Scrappy's side was garbage
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    blackblocCottonCitySlim700Igot5onitsapp08_2001
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dookie love body oil
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    P. Townericb4prezKINGECCP203
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N64 wrote: »
    dookie love body oil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP-AWIulgQE

• lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked both sides It was a smart move for lil jon. it's just too easy these days to drop a mixtape than do a half/half album

but looking back that shit was pretty creative. i wonder how the money was split up tho

pimp c was not happy with them niggas
    blackbloc
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mann I was 17 & visiting my grandma in Jefferson Georgia when this came out. head bussa was my shit. I remember being back home in the bay like 4-5 months later. it came on the radio late night while I was on the phone witta female lol. memories. I love the south minus texas
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    PK_TK_187madmoney~daoneblackgod813
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "Gone" Bonus Track w Bohagon went hard too
    KINGECCottonCitySlimCP203
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bohagon was dope. I remember he was at the tell me when to go video shoot looking nervous/ surprised at the same time
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    blackbloc
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    N64 wrote: »
    dookie love body oil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP-AWIulgQE

classic
    that shouldve been a whole track
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
  • ericb4prezericb4prez Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember i bought this shit on a field trip to dc was bumping that diamonds in my pinky ring heavy
    Breezy_Kilroy
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was always confused about the way it was presented
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The last song on Scrappy side...I think it was "Be Real"...Went hard as fuuuuuuuuuuck...

cs
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the beats on the album were some of the best whip banging beats period
    sapp08_2001
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Posts: 25,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I liked both sides It was a smart move for lil jon. it's just too easy these days to drop a mixtape than do a half/half album

but looking back that shit was pretty creative. i wonder how the money was split up tho

pimp c was not happy with them niggas

I remember saying "Port Authur is the real trillville, not that shss over there" or something like that

I hated that Bo Hagon never released a album tho
    giphy.gif

Me: Have you ever heard of T. Sanford

Karla: Yeah

Me: This is T. Sanford, Come on down here and let me tap that ass
    sapp08_2001
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The last song on Scrappy side...I think it was "Be Real"...Went hard as fuuuuuuuuuuck...

This.

Use to bump this album heavy back in the day
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,266 Regulator
    didn't them shits come out as solo albums later?
    that nigga knew what he was doing...

gotta remember, before that nigga got some crunk in his system, Lil Jon was a Geek...
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    walwynMrCrookedLettersapp08_2001
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 32,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was kinda different and kinda stood out, instead of pushing 1 artist over the other, he put the two hottest on bme out first, then had bohagon on tracks like he was up next, unfortunately, none of em sustained
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

• ImTheKangRoundHereImTheKangRoundHere Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icks86 wrote: »
    Niggas were lazy for doing that but other than that most of the tracks from that album were whip worthy @ the time!!!

it's still whip worthy.i was bumpin that neva eva a few days ago
    tumblr_mhrbesjcOx1rqrau3o1_500.gif[img][/img]
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't understand why he did that and that started the beef with Scrappy and Trillville.

Lil Jon should have done it seperate and since they had 10 songs apiece, he should have added at least 3 more to make each a full album and he could have had two gold albums and made more money, I didn't get it?
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

• KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 4,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "Forever I Love Atlanta" track still bangs. That was off this album right?

Yeah. I still bang Scrap's joints off this album when I'm in the gym. F.I.L.A., No Problem, Head Bussa, and Be Real with some Three 6 will have you trying to bench press the building.