Who on here would ride the world's tallest elevator versus walking for 2 hours to the top? (W/Video)

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future LawyerASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
¡No contaban con mi astucia!
5 Grand wrote: »
I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Who on here would ride the world's tallest elevator versus walking for 2 hours to the top? (W/Video) 27 votes

Yes
29%
MeesterhueyVIBEAlready Home_17Billy_PonchoYoung GunnerstarvinYoung Stef 8 votes
No
14%
illestni99ainneunspoken_respectReggie80Bookworm 4 votes
Both
55%
Sionplaymaker88BiblicalAtheist The ProdigalsonMr.LVBussy_Getta ShizlanskyVulcanRavenYoung_ChitlinCashmoneyDuxBK ProductBoldChild[Deleted User]SleepwalkingInJapanGold_Certificate 15 votes

Replies

• Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    You have to do both to truly enjoy it.
    Young_ChitlinMeester
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future Lawyer ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Not for the faint-hearted! The tallest outdoor elevator in the world (or you could take the 2 ½ hr walk to the top)

If you suffer from a fear of heights, perhaps this one's not for you.

The Bailong Elevator, also known as the Hundred Dragons Elevator, carries tourists 1,070ft (330m) up the side of a massive sandstone column in a mountain range in China's Hunan Province.

Riding the glass lift, which carries up to 50 people at a time or 1,380 an hour, offers jaw-dropping, not to say vertiginous, views down to the bottom of the rocky mountain range in the Wulingyuan area of Zhangijiajie.

Work began on the lift, which cost 120m yuan, or around £12m ($19.38 million), in 1999 and finished in 2002.

The project met with fierce criticism from environmentalists who were angry that it was sited in the middle of a World Heritage Site.

Lift shafts and tunnels had to be dug into the quartz sandstone column chosen from thousands in the area, and earthquake detectors installed so that the lifts (there are three of them) could be evacuated quickly in case of disaster.

Those in favour of the project said that the elevators, which are said to boast the biggest passenger capacity in the world, saved the mountain trails from excess traffic.

But protestors said the area, which attracts 5m visitors each year, was already saturated with tourists and did not need another attraction to boost that number further.

After it was built, the lift was said to be the world's tallest full-exposure outdoor lift, tallest double-deck sightseeing elevator, and the fastest passenger elevator with the biggest capacity, according to Industrytap.com.

After the project was opened to the public in 2002 it was quickly shut down temporarily because of safety, rather than environmental concerns.

It reopened in 2003 and now has a cult following from tourists keen to ride a lift known as one of the most terrifying in the world for its sheer drop views down to the bottom of the valley.

Those whose fear of heights prohibits them from taking the lift can instead take a two-and-a-half hour walk up the valley.

The lift ride takes around a minute to reach the top, from where tourists can see breath-taking views of the area's quartzite sandstone pillars.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd run that shit would be a good workout
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future Lawyer ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Pics of the elevator for those that do not like clicking lanks-

article-0-16DF3FB3000005DC-272_306x463.jpg

article-2260708-16DF3FBB000005DC-389_634x441.jpg

article-2260708-16DF3FA7000005DC-61_634x460.jpg

hqg-277.gif

Both
    zhangjiajiebailongelevatortotopofplateauatyuanjiajie.jpg

hqg-277.gif

• PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell naw... Im afraid of height..
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
    unspoken_respectBookworm
    Both
    lechic wrote: »
    Hell naw... Im afraid of height..

The elevator ride is only a minute long...

hqg-277.gif

VIBE
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 52,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not sure I'd walk it, my feet and knees would kill me, but I'd ride up.

Not sure it's worth the bullshit though (crowd of annoying people).
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 13,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    I seen the Freedom tower is 1,776 feet so this 1,070 foot tower should be a walk in a park I would walk up and take the elevator down.

izsej6W8x1bly.png
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Vox Populi Posts: 22,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The elevators the only way I'm gettin up there. Scared of heights, I'm turning around and going back down after 40 ft on the stairs.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 24,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigga go reach budda at the top
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    Already Home_17
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fuck that
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Both
    I'd rather walk or run up, awesome workout.

I can feel the burn in my thighs already and I love that soreness from a good workout.
    *Marley*

6E44425C-2F95-4090-A1E4-9E5887B98510-114-0000000D547BA727_zps46780fa6.jpg
    Young Stef
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    I'd try to get to the top in less than an hour.
    unspoken_respect
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I'd try to get to the top in less than an hour.

That's some bold shit
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

huey
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 47,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aint scared of heights but i am exrremely claustrppophobic i dont mess w elevators....ill take those stairs
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

• MeesterMeester The World Is Mind. Outrage LandPosts: 15,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Looks fun