Looking back at RZA's comments on the South

1356789

Replies

  • zombiezombie Posts: 8,644
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    zombie dumb as fuck.
    more land=less value on said land.

    Listen you motherfucking fag a small house in nyc has a higher value just because it is in nyc. The acres of land owned does not equal greater value of said land.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 8,644
    KingJamal wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    When my lil cuz moved down south they skipped him two grades. The south has always been backward. Nyc has always been forward thinking. Showing pics of buildings means you miss the point. In nyc you can walk down the block and hear ten or more different languages. In the south every body is the same and the land you do own is not valued as much as what nyc people own. Because the south overall is worth less.
    ^^^^^^^^^This is the type of shit that gives NYers the asshole, uninformed, always hating somebody or something stigma

    Great Example

    I told the truth like it or not. The south in comparison to nyc's vast mix of people is all the same. Your land is valued less and the east cost has a better education record. It's the truth not hate.
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight Posts: 12,845
    edited January 2013
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The RZA is right ya'll. Young dudes should wait 2 more years and drop out in the 8th grade like Nas

    Damn LMAO..even though his lyric output speaks differently..I can't even refute this shit.

    Lol...ether granted.
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,326
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    On some real shit, RZA spoke the truth. Hip hop is a reflection of the environment, as he explained. East coast, particularly NYC is so lyrically inclined cuz of the big city living and the artistic renaissances taking place there. The west is more culturally and economically diverse, so musically it's more eclectic. The south is smaller community wise, and more solid on old time tradition, so the music is bound to be a little simpler, but more solid musically. The negative effects of our communities have adverse effects on our lyrics as well. The crack era got NY stuck on grimey, the gang culture in Cali got them on that level, and so forth. Same with the south, economically it's a shithole, and a lot of people there are stuck in the 50s anyway. So of course that's gonna reflect on the lyrics and the music.

    yea last time i went down to florida due to dat humidity i made sure i used da colors only water fountains. nd in my hotel we had to use an outhouse. when i was takin a bus to amusment parks i made sure to sit in da back, jack

    Not saying that's the case, but some people over there still have that mentality. They're still antsy about interracial relationships, acknowledging religions outside of their own, etc. Of course there are anomalies to this, but let's not act like our past isn't still haunting us. Again, it's not law, but the effects of shell shock from the racism that has and still exists. Like NY, no one sells crack anymore, but we're still feeling the effects of it. Remember, our parents went through these struggles, so they raised us with the same traditions as if those conditions still existed. Anyone not willing the break the cycle is bound to pick up the same habits.
  • PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    zombie wrote: »
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    zombie dumb as fuck.
    more land=less value on said land.

    Listen you motherfucking fag a small house in nyc has a higher value just because it is in nyc. The acres of land owned does not equal greater value of said land.

    there aint much space in NYC.
    so land is worth more
    there are plenty of open fields and plots of land down South.
    stop being dumb
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 Posts: 25,707
    so anyone gonna bring up The RZA's constant use of words outta context or nah?
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    so anyone gonna bring up The RZA's constant use of words outta context or nah?

    He gives interviews like how Keith Murray raps..

    Ya'll mythological niggas is comical..
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 Posts: 25,707
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    so anyone gonna bring up The RZA's constant use of words outta context or nah?

    He gives interviews like how Keith Murray raps..

    Ya'll mythological niggas is comical..

    lol his verse in tragedy was gross he used words WAY outta context
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 Posts: 25,707
    NY education is fucked.not too many smart folks in NY

    word niggaz in here actin like NY full of rocket scientist nd rhodes scholars lol
  • SWAMPGODSWAMPGOD Posts: 3,589
    edited January 2013
    lol at them statistics

    Edit: Sully statistics

    Nigga that shit don't prove nothin but White folks got more money than Blacks and rednecks did the right thing for humanity by losin the war cuz these crackas down here don't know how to get no money

    And how they just gon randomly throw states with the most and least amount of Blacks in as a category, thats some ku klux klan shit
  • zombiezombie Posts: 8,644
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    zombie dumb as fuck.
    more land=less value on said land.

    Listen you motherfucking fag a small house in nyc has a higher value just because it is in nyc. The acres of land owned does not equal greater value of said land.

    there aint much space in NYC.
    so land is worth more
    there are plenty of open fields and plots of land down South.
    stop being dumb

    Space does not equal value land is valued on more than just its size. The cost of land in nyc is not just based on the size of nyc. There are cities smaller than nyc with lower cost land
  • Some niggas real retarded in here. Ny condos and such is priced high because the demand for said housing in your overcrowded city.
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman Posts: 18,425
    edited January 2013
    Niggas acting like the south beach front condos ain't shitting on ny condos.
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 3,999
    Vaas wrote: »
    Niggas acting like the south beach front condos ain't shitting on ny condos.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kymmcnicholas/2010/08/30/ten-most-expensive-apartments-for-sale/


    Nine out of 10 of the most expensive luxury apartments (co-ops and condos) publicly listed in the United States are located in New York.

    The only one on the West Coast is the newly constructed 20,000 square-foot penthouse atop the 5-star St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco.

    It’s the largest newly constructed condo on the market in the world.

    It’s listed for $49 million.

    So, it’s the least amount per square foot (Approx. $2,865 per square foot), than any of the other apartments in the top ten based on the available data.

    The most expensive publicly listed apartment on the market is located in New York.

    The $60 million East 77th Street property is about 10,000 square feet (Approx. $6,123 per square foot).



    Just shit on your thesis....
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,326
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    On some real shit, RZA spoke the truth. Hip hop is a reflection of the environment, as he explained. East coast, particularly NYC is so lyrically inclined cuz of the big city living and the artistic renaissances taking place there. The west is more culturally and economically diverse, so musically it's more eclectic. The south is smaller community wise, and more solid on old time tradition, so the music is bound to be a little simpler, but more solid musically. The negative effects of our communities have adverse effects on our lyrics as well. The crack era got NY stuck on grimey, the gang culture in Cali got them on that level, and so forth. Same with the south, economically it's a shithole, and a lot of people there are stuck in the 50s anyway. So of course that's gonna reflect on the lyrics and the music.

    yea last time i went down to florida due to dat humidity i made sure i used da colors only water fountains. nd in my hotel we had to use an outhouse. when i was takin a bus to amusment parks i made sure to sit in da back, jack

    Not saying that's the case, but some people over there still have that mentality. They're still antsy about interracial relationships, acknowledging religions outside of their own, etc. Of course there are anomalies to this, but let's not act like our past isn't still haunting us. Again, it's not law, but the effects of shell shock from the racism that has and still exists. Like NY, no one sells crack anymore, but we're still feeling the effects of it. Remember, our parents went through these struggles, so they raised us with the same traditions as if those conditions still existed. Anyone not willing the break the cycle is bound to pick up the same habits.

    to say da south is stuck in da 50's was a horrible choice of words tho lol. serious question when was da last time u been down south? cuz u trynna make it seem like its still like Mississippi Burning or sumthin

    Had to go to a funeral in NC last summer. I got fam there, SC, Florida, VA, GA, all over. I'm actually related to RZA and the Wu fam on some 3rd cousin by marriage shit, so I feel what he's saying. A lot of my family came from the south as well. Matter of fact, a lot of NY families came from the south. And a lot of their ideologies, especially the older folks, are stuck in a certain paradigm where they're scared to advance. If it doesn't uphold to traditional Christian morals and the system they were raised under, they want no part of it. I remember bringing a white girl around my grandmother and getting looked at funny. The younger generations branch out eventually, but they still have memories of it, and it shows in the music.

    And it's not necessarily Mississippi Burning, but racism is still alive, especially down there. The KKK and a myriad of other hate groups still exist. Some people are still proudly waving confederate flags. Every month or so I hear some story that could've been a headline in the 50's, hence my statement. It may be a broad generalization, but it doesn't make the problems non-existent. Seems like some of us have issue with analyzing our environments and admitting we still have a long way to go. Yes, the crack babies born in the 80s in NYC are having babies of their own. Yes, the gang culture in Cali left a lot of kids fatherless and paranoid of their own kind. And yes, the racism and closed mindedness that was the driving force of the south is biting us in the ass now. Am I wrong?

    And I'm not gonna speak on public education. Nas is a drop out, and Gucci Mane went to college. Public school education FTL.
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 Posts: 25,707
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    On some real shit, RZA spoke the truth. Hip hop is a reflection of the environment, as he explained. East coast, particularly NYC is so lyrically inclined cuz of the big city living and the artistic renaissances taking place there. The west is more culturally and economically diverse, so musically it's more eclectic. The south is smaller community wise, and more solid on old time tradition, so the music is bound to be a little simpler, but more solid musically. The negative effects of our communities have adverse effects on our lyrics as well. The crack era got NY stuck on grimey, the gang culture in Cali got them on that level, and so forth. Same with the south, economically it's a shithole, and a lot of people there are stuck in the 50s anyway. So of course that's gonna reflect on the lyrics and the music.

    yea last time i went down to florida due to dat humidity i made sure i used da colors only water fountains. nd in my hotel we had to use an outhouse. when i was takin a bus to amusment parks i made sure to sit in da back, jack

    Not saying that's the case, but some people over there still have that mentality. They're still antsy about interracial relationships, acknowledging religions outside of their own, etc. Of course there are anomalies to this, but let's not act like our past isn't still haunting us. Again, it's not law, but the effects of shell shock from the racism that has and still exists. Like NY, no one sells crack anymore, but we're still feeling the effects of it. Remember, our parents went through these struggles, so they raised us with the same traditions as if those conditions still existed. Anyone not willing the break the cycle is bound to pick up the same habits.

    to say da south is stuck in da 50's was a horrible choice of words tho lol. serious question when was da last time u been down south? cuz u trynna make it seem like its still like Mississippi Burning or sumthin

    Had to go to a funeral in NC last summer. I got fam there, SC, Florida, VA, GA, all over. I'm actually related to RZA and the Wu fam on some 3rd cousin by marriage shit, so I feel what he's saying. A lot of my family came from the south as well. Matter of fact, a lot of NY families came from the south. And a lot of their ideologies, especially the older folks, are stuck in a certain paradigm where they're scared to advance. If it doesn't uphold to traditional Christian morals and the system they were raised under, they want no part of it. I remember bringing a white girl around my grandmother and getting looked at funny. The younger generations branch out eventually, but they still have memories of it, and it shows in the music.

    And it's not necessarily Mississippi Burning, but racism is still alive, especially down there. The KKK and a myriad of other hate groups still exist. Some people are still proudly waving confederate flags. Every month or so I hear some story that could've been a headline in the 50's, hence my statement. It may be a broad generalization, but it doesn't make the problems non-existent. Seems like some of us have issue with analyzing our environments and admitting we still have a long way to go. Yes, the crack babies born in the 80s in NYC are having babies of their own. Yes, the gang culture in Cali left a lot of kids fatherless and paranoid of their own kind. And yes, the racism and closed mindedness that was the driving force of the south is biting us in the ass now. Am I wrong?

    And I'm not gonna speak on public education. Nas is a drop out, and Gucci Mane went to college. Public school education FTL.

    dont try to paint NY as some perfect utopia tho man. racism exist up there wit there stop nd frisk policy, nd a lot of da older generation is uptight about there religion not just southern senior citizens
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,326
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    On some real shit, RZA spoke the truth. Hip hop is a reflection of the environment, as he explained. East coast, particularly NYC is so lyrically inclined cuz of the big city living and the artistic renaissances taking place there. The west is more culturally and economically diverse, so musically it's more eclectic. The south is smaller community wise, and more solid on old time tradition, so the music is bound to be a little simpler, but more solid musically. The negative effects of our communities have adverse effects on our lyrics as well. The crack era got NY stuck on grimey, the gang culture in Cali got them on that level, and so forth. Same with the south, economically it's a shithole, and a lot of people there are stuck in the 50s anyway. So of course that's gonna reflect on the lyrics and the music.

    yea last time i went down to florida due to dat humidity i made sure i used da colors only water fountains. nd in my hotel we had to use an outhouse. when i was takin a bus to amusment parks i made sure to sit in da back, jack

    Not saying that's the case, but some people over there still have that mentality. They're still antsy about interracial relationships, acknowledging religions outside of their own, etc. Of course there are anomalies to this, but let's not act like our past isn't still haunting us. Again, it's not law, but the effects of shell shock from the racism that has and still exists. Like NY, no one sells crack anymore, but we're still feeling the effects of it. Remember, our parents went through these struggles, so they raised us with the same traditions as if those conditions still existed. Anyone not willing the break the cycle is bound to pick up the same habits.

    to say da south is stuck in da 50's was a horrible choice of words tho lol. serious question when was da last time u been down south? cuz u trynna make it seem like its still like Mississippi Burning or sumthin

    Had to go to a funeral in NC last summer. I got fam there, SC, Florida, VA, GA, all over. I'm actually related to RZA and the Wu fam on some 3rd cousin by marriage shit, so I feel what he's saying. A lot of my family came from the south as well. Matter of fact, a lot of NY families came from the south. And a lot of their ideologies, especially the older folks, are stuck in a certain paradigm where they're scared to advance. If it doesn't uphold to traditional Christian morals and the system they were raised under, they want no part of it. I remember bringing a white girl around my grandmother and getting looked at funny. The younger generations branch out eventually, but they still have memories of it, and it shows in the music.

    And it's not necessarily Mississippi Burning, but racism is still alive, especially down there. The KKK and a myriad of other hate groups still exist. Some people are still proudly waving confederate flags. Every month or so I hear some story that could've been a headline in the 50's, hence my statement. It may be a broad generalization, but it doesn't make the problems non-existent. Seems like some of us have issue with analyzing our environments and admitting we still have a long way to go. Yes, the crack babies born in the 80s in NYC are having babies of their own. Yes, the gang culture in Cali left a lot of kids fatherless and paranoid of their own kind. And yes, the racism and closed mindedness that was the driving force of the south is biting us in the ass now. Am I wrong?

    And I'm not gonna speak on public education. Nas is a drop out, and Gucci Mane went to college. Public school education FTL.

    dont try to paint NY as some perfect utopia tho man. racism exist up there wit there stop nd frisk policy, nd a lot of da older generation is uptight about there religion not just southern senior citizens

    Nah, of course. That's why I said especially down there, meaning it exists everywhere to some degree. We all have the same problems, I was just pointing out the main ones for each region and how they shaped the music.

    Oh yeah, and they outlawed the stop and frisk... shit bout to get hot.
Sign In or Register to comment.