Looking back at RZA's comments on the South

Replies

• ThirdEyeFiveThirdEyeFive Posts: 22,503
    we really gonna deny the education gap between the Norf and Souf?
    and the racism shit is always funny... many southern areas r stuck in the 60s... cutthebullshit
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 3,435
    I went to college ect im from the south an no we dont like white people .....i would assume up north black people aint to fond of crackers
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 17,847
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    we really gonna deny the education gap between the Norf and Souf?
    and the racism shit is always funny... many southern areas r stuck in the 60s... cutthebullshit

We really gonna deny there's a shit load of racism in the Northeast too?
    we really gonna act like anyone is denying the existence of racism up top?
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    we really gonna act like anyone is denying the existence of racism up top?

Niggas in here talking about the South is backwards, stuck in the 50's and 60's...got shitty education when NYC's education system is just as bad, there's a shitload of racism, hell the Hipster scene in NYC has it's own special kind of racism apparently, and the same problems you can find anywhere in the south too.
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,037
    This North aka NYC vs the South argument is tired. Different strokes for different folks.

But since I'm young with no kids and no plans on slowing down I rather live up north. I tried to live down south I don't like the pace it's too slow to Live even tho NY does get hectic but the way I function I would go crazy living down south.

Plus I'm a winter baby and I hate sweat and heat so I actually love my boots and coat weather. Winter time is the real time when u get to dress fly anyway summer time fly is cheap as hell.

Only thing I hate about the south is the shopping. Clothes and shoes be mad outdated.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 9,163
    The south really just needs to step it's game up. In all areas it does not compare to the east. It 's Fashion art music and thinking is just too fucking slow.
    zombie wrote: »
    The south really just needs to step it's game up. In all areas it does not compare to the east. It 's Fashion art music and thinking is just too fucking slow.

Things like that divide black people ...when the dc sniper was killin now his seed grows?...when.white people die do u think u will be spared no! Because u mock other nuwbians .......your blood seasons my boots coward...

Things like that divide black people ...when the dc sniper was killin now his seed grows?...when.white people die do u think u will be spared no! Because u mock other nuwbians .......your blood seasons my boots coward...

I do not see how that divides black people. The pace and development of black art from the south is slow. I am not mocking you just telling the truth.
    The greatest american writers come from the south..so how u figure that....this is a judeo christian country period...
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,037
    We as NYers have been conditioned to think that Slower = Dumber. And that's not the case at all. It's just a pace thing and not an intelligence thing.
    Faulkner..harper lee...tennesse williams.mcarther....somuch for your art point
    The greatest american writers come from the south..so how u figure that....this is a judeo christian country period...

Nigga what does being a judeo christian country or not have to do with the topic. I am not saying the south is some kind of a deadzone just that it is no where near as Vibrant as the east.
    Faulkner..harper lee...tennesse williams.mcarther....somuch for your art point

I am talking about black art, and yes I know many great black writers come from the south. but overall the east still has a more Vibrant culture.
  • zombie wrote: »

*yawn*

Yeah we know, we know. The most beautiful, most glorious place in all the world right? Yet at the same time, home of the most gulliest, grimiest ghettos right? A place where you'll find the world's best food and best looking women. Where megahumans are bred. Super intelligent. Super thugged out. Where to be merely BORN there guarantees you a lifetime of prosperity and sophistication.

Because whether or not you succeed in life has absolutely ZERO to do with an individual's personal drive, how adept you are to overcoming adversity or how ambitious you are, but surprisingly more to do with what part of the country your mom was in when she shit you out.

Thank you based god.

*yawn*

Yeah we know, we know. The most beautiful, most glorious place in all the world right? Yet at the same time, home of the most gulliest, grimiest ghettos right? A place where you'll find the world's best food and best looking women. Where megahumans are bred. Super intelligent. Super thugged out. Where to be merely BORN there guarantees you a lifetime of prosperity and sophistication.

Because whether or not you succeed in life has absolutely ZERO to do with an individual's personal drive, how adept you are to overcoming adversity or how ambitious you are, but surprisingly more to do with what part of the country your mom was in when she shit you out.

Thank you based god.

The south hates to face reality, I am not making anything up or making jokes. The most important cities in america are on the east coast. Some of The richest people are here the best artist are here and have been for a very long time. Yes, nyc does have more food choices and a better transportation system. Where you are born and raised, the culture you are born into cannot be downplayed

If you want to be an actor it would be better to live in la if you want to be on wall street it is better to be from ny. The east coast does have more sophistication always has.
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,258

*yawn*

Thank you based god.

The south hates to face reality, I am not making anything up or making jokes. The most important cities in america are on the east coast. Some of The richest people are here the best artist are here and have been for a very long time. Yes, nyc does have more food choices and a better transportation system. Where you are born and raised, the culture you are born into cannot be downplayed

If you want to be an actor it would be better to live in la if you want to be on wall street it is better to be from ny. The east coast does have more sophistication always has.

That maybe true but not everyone wants to be an actor or on wall street. Some of the most up and coming cities and the best cities for jobs in the tech industry (computer programming, IT) are located in the south like Raleigh, Nashville, Austin, and Dallas. Also the livability is very high because the cost of living is low and some of the positions pay very well. No one is denying the importance of cities on the east coast but depending what somebody's circumstances or what one wants to do in life, a city in the south maybe the best fit for them
  • zombie wrote: »

*yawn*

Thank you based god.

You're really not saying anything that is relevant, just jaded worthless opinions... Sort of like RZA

Ounceman wrote: »

*yawn*

Thank you based god.

That maybe true but not everyone wants to be an actor or on wall street. Some of the most up and coming cities and the best cities for jobs in the tech industry (computer programming, IT) are located in the south like Raleigh, Nashville, Austin, and Dallas. Also the livability is very high because the cost of living is low and some of the positions pay very well. No one is denying the importance of cities on the east coast but depending what somebody's circumstances or what one wants to do in life, a city in the south maybe the best fit for them

Ok I agree with you some of the cities in the south are on the upswing but comparing them to nyc is like comparing nigeria to america. The south does not come close, and is not on equal footing with the east especially nyc.

*yawn*

Thank you based god.

You're really not saying anything that is relevant, just jaded worthless opinions... Sort of like RZA

What I am saying is not just opinion but fact. The south is behind the east in many many areas.
    We as NYers have been conditioned to think that Slower = Dumber. And that's not the case at all. It's just a pace thing and not an intelligence thing.

You would think the way, from a hip hop perspective, the south has dominated and mastered the business side of the independent music scene that NY'ers would have long realized southerner's aren't stupid
    blackrain wrote: »

You would think the way, from a hip hop perspective, the south has dominated and mastered the business side of the independent music scene that NY'ers would have long realized southerner's aren't stupid

yeah, because catering to the lowest common denominator takes mad brain power...
  • Well my southern brethren and northern counterparts, there's no love lost. There's no clear debate winner here (as to be expected). So if ever you're in NC we'll settle this shit like some men...

...the only way to do it...

Shot for shot, drank for drank. The first one who dies, loses. @Stopitfive, I've peeped the AVI, I'm callin you out personally. This thread is goin nowhere, so I'm bouta go get drunk and perhaps peruse IllPix. Lata.