2013 The Year of the Swagger Jackers !! smh :(

antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
first it was the beats ... ok ok ok ok ok i get it them trap beats go hard ...

now its like everyone wanna either rap like Meek, Ace hood, Drake or keef ...

Swagger Jackin as mofos

get yo on swag ....

Name some swagger jackers i know yall know alot of them shit is @ an all time high right now smh ....

Lab Baby

Replies

• Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say you're beating a dead horse, but shit has gotten to disgustingly grotesque levels. Them 4 styles is literally all I hear in mainstream AND underground music. If it ain't K Dot, chances are it's one of the Superfriends (Ross, Wayne, 2 Chainz, Drake, Meek, etc.) The past 2 years have been a giant group hug.

And fuck swag.
    just.might.b.ok32DaysOfInfiniti
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its what the average listener wants, shitty rhymes with shitty concepts will get you some buzz, ask chief keef.
    a shame it didnt translate into sales tho
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    its what the average listener wants, shitty rhymes with shitty concepts will get you some buzz, ask chief keef.

thats just shows you how much of an joke it was and that most people were there to just LOOK and not BUY lol ;) samething is gonna happen with james if he dont come correct on his next few singles ... people gotta realise people love FREE SHIT !! just cause a mixtape has a million downloads ... dont mean those same people would actually spend $$$$$$ for thier product ..... most of us here will check ANYTHING out as long as its free ....

and as a whole imo we keep getting our intelligence played with cause i swear they think people dont appreciate quality ish any more ... like folks dont want rich content ... and respect quality "musicians" ... folks who actually show that they care about thier craft vs those who seem to be here just to rape it ..... and imo guys like Kendrick prove that the people do appreciate quality music .... to the point its appreciated more than the gimmicks and fast food music ...........
    antarticp wrote: »

thats just shows you how much of an joke it was and that most people were there to just LOOK and not BUY lol ;) samething is gonna happen with james if he dont come correct on his next few singles ... people gotta realise people love FREE SHIT !! just cause a mixtape has a million downloads ... dont mean those same people would actually spend $$$$$$ for thier product ..... most of us here will check ANYTHING out as long as its free ....

and as a whole imo we keep getting our intelligence played with cause i swear they think people dont appreciate quality ish any more ... like folks dont want rich content ... and respect quality "musicians" ... folks who actually show that they care about thier craft vs those who seem to be here just to rape it ..... and imo guys like Kendrick prove that the people do appreciate quality music .... to the point its appreciated more than the gimmicks and fast food music ...........

The bolded is the summation of current music as a whole. Most of them Youtube views are from people looking for a laugh. Remember that Rebecca Black chick a couple of years back? She got one of the highest viewed videos ever. You think people are lining up to buy her album? Hell no. We (hip hop) so worried about views and numbers we don't realize that a lot of the attention is negative. We just make ourselves look worse and worse to get the money we THINK we gonna get. Back to the thread topic... how you gonna jack someone's style that's already wack. I don't even wanna hear Chief Keef as himself... why would I wanna hear another one?
    antarticpbigev24032DaysOfInfiniti
    edited January 2013
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »

The bolded is the summation of current music as a whole. Most of them Youtube views are from people looking for a laugh. Remember that Rebecca Black chick a couple of years back? She got one of the highest viewed videos ever. You think people are lining up to buy her album? Hell no. We (hip hop) so worried about views and numbers we don't realize that a lot of the attention is negative. We just make ourselves look worse and worse to get the money we THINK we gonna get. Back to the thread topic... how you gonna jack someone's style that's already wack. I don't even wanna hear Chief Keef as himself... why would I wanna hear another one?

#cosign /// and shaking my head @ soulja boys attempts @ swagga jacking keef ... LOL!!

even soulja boy know his verse is wack as fuck on this joint right here ... just fucked the song all up to the point he made keef sound superior on this track lol

• riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foreign Cars goes hard though.
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Foreign Cars goes hard though.

no hate here the song does go hard until soulja comes in lol and i actually fuck with soulja but when his part comes i get that WTF face lol ... its like his part was done right there that day @ the video shoot and im talking about writing the verse and recording it no mix no mastering @ all ... loaded up a program like garage band and mashed souljas unmixed vocals right in with Keef mixed and mastered track and vocals .. lol .. and looking @ soulja in the video ZERO fucks were given ... lol

edited January 2013
    now its one thing to swagga jack when you collabing with a mofo ... but when the person you trying to swagga jack aint nowhere in site ... imo thats just straight BITING !!!!!!!!!! is this juelz santana or Meek Hood lol ;)

eternal soldier
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    meek and ace hood rap the same way tho lol so thats even less options people wanna rap like
    edited January 2013
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    meek and ace hood rap the same way tho lol so thats even less options people wanna rap like

i would say actually meek rap like Ace hood ... but hes actually copying Ross who is biting ace hood ... meek didnt rap like that when he was doing his thing just in philly .. he started that as soon as that mmg chain went around his neck .... but 1 good thing (i guess lol) i can say about Meek @least added some swag to that Ace Hood flow ......... its hard to describe but its the way that he ends his bars ........ he put a lil twist to it that now everyone is even biting that lol .....

Monizzle14
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt know a Banks song was on Juelz new shit, props, ima make a thread for it.
    MorganFreemanKing
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shotout to Juelz Santana on his latest mixtape.......
    MorganFreemanKing
  • BetaBeta Did You Call Bank?..."I CALLED GAME!" Posts: 24,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard somebody else rap like keef
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard somebody else rap like keef

aka you've avoided Soulja Boy's last 2-3 mixtapes
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 13,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every rapper has been original until 2013.

Threadstarter logic
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088

Threadstarter logic

Nah, he's saying that for the most part, rappers are eating from the same plate. It used to be that one rapper would mimick another, he'll get ridiculed, we move on. Like Lil Zane tryna be Tupac or Guerrilla Black tryna be BIG. But most when you buy an album, download a mixtape or listen to the radio, chances are you're gonna hear 1 out of 3 flows.
    antarticp
    edited January 2013

Threadstarter logic

your very true my son ... but there is a difference between being INSPIRED !! and copying !!

its obvious that Jarule was inspired by DMX ... but as we seen them grow you can see they are totally two different artist ......

its obvious that nas was inspired by g rap and rakim ... but as we seen him grow you can see there is a difference between all three of those artist ...

these days a mofo will rap like themselves ... then enters the latest HOT thing ... and now dudes drop the way they WERE rapping and now rapping like the newest sensation .... on some MC hammer shit post DeathRow shit ....

no idea is original ... but these dudes THESE days copy n paste in my diggy voice ;) ....
    edited January 2013

Threadstarter logic

and yes you right it didnt just start happening ... but its at an all time high ... and im calling it The Year of the Swagga Jacka ... because dudes are actually capitolizing off it ... which means its only gonna get worse before it gets better .... cause its the thing to do these days ............ back in the days a real mc spot you trying to flip and bounce his shit HES GONNA APPROACH YOU in my GHOST FACE VOICE !! ;)

aka SHARK NIGGAS !!!!!!

32DaysOfInfiniti
  • Confidential PlayaConfidential Playa Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about this thread when i was listening to Master P's new mixtape. I almost forgot how bad he copied other niggas styles and flows lol. So far i'm hearing a lot of 2chainz and Rick Ross influence.

• ocelotocelot Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name names niggas... Who biting who?
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    french be jacking whatever flow on the last hot song he heard.he Chief and Meek mixed with Ross and Gucci mane
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all saying 2013 but this year just began...this shit is still carrying over from 2012 ans previous years.
  • s3nterockss3nterocks Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    This shit is only allowed because the industry blackballs anyone who isn't trying to play nice. I saw that shit was dead when Styles P, Nas, Jada, Raekwon, and the rest of them co-signed Ross.