Seth Jones (Former NBA Player Popeye Jones son) named top defensive prospect for NHL draft

Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649829&cmpid=fb

Popeye-Jones-son-thriving-in-hockey-F69I63U-x-large.jpg

He also was an assistant captain on the recent gold medal U20 USA hockey team in the world junior championships

In laymens terms he is almost like a magic johnson hockey wise. Hes tall but still can move the puck. I saw him in that tournament and i think homes gunna be a problem in the NHL.

The way the NHL draft works is you get drafted around 18 years old. You then have a few choices you can either.

-Play directly in NHL/minor league farm system
-Play college hockey for 1-4 years
-Play junior hockey in Canada/another country for a year or 2

If you don't go to the NHL the team that drafted you tracks your progress and decides how long they want you where you are. After you finish your college/or junior hockey year they decide if they wanna keep you developing for a few more years or want to sign you to a minor league or NHL contract.

Replies

• caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 16,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for him. I hope they dont try to make him the new ambassador to hockey for black kids. Let him breath first.
    unspoken_respectA$AP_A$TON
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »
    Good for him. I hope they dont try to make him the new ambassador to hockey for black kids. Let him breath first.

that depends on where he gets drafted. if hes drafted to a canadian team or middle or nowhere team he wont. If he gets drafted into a big city like dallas/chicago/new york/ etc. they might try to do that for ticket sales etc.

• unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know it's gonna happen.

You know it's gonna happen.

lol the way nhl teams are struggling they pray the get the tiger woods of ice hockey lmao
  • KameKame Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some decent black players in the NHL they just all on Canadian teams... to my knowledge
    Kame wrote: »
    There are some decent black players in the NHL they just all on Canadian teams... to my knowledge

well you have dustin bufgylien who is on the chicago blackhawks who helped them win a stanley cup a few years ago but yea the majority of top notch black players/vets are on canadian teams like pk subban (montreal) and jerome iginla (calgary).
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz Batman With Prep Time Posts: 20,136 Regulator
    Anson Carter was my dude on the bruins many years ago...
    edited January 2013
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Anson Carter was my dude on the bruins many years ago...

@KingGivBiz i actually talked to him on the phone after the racial tweets and shit (long story) but he was mad chill he did his thing while he was in the league

• 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

well you have dustin bufgylien who is on the chicago blackhawks who helped them win a stanley cup a few years ago but yea the majority of top notch black players/vets are on canadian teams like pk subban (montreal) and jerome iginla (calgary).

You know dude doesn't play for them anymore???!!!

& post pics of dude's mom cause ain't no way you the the son of one of ugliest players in the NBA & you grow up looking nothing like dude!!!
    icks86 wrote: »

& post pics of dude's mom cause ain't no way you the the son of one of ugliest players in the NBA & you grow up looking nothing like dude!!!

nah you right i knew that lol he on the jets with another lightskin brother evander kane i just associate him with the hawks but yeah thats my bad haha.

lemme look for his mom cause i did a search a whle back and couldnt come up with a clear pic.

• S.jR.S.jR. "Living, breathing exigent circumstances." Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to him... for coming out looking more like his mom than his dad.. Though his pop's level of ugly could've helped on defense.
    Monizzle14Cigarello Slim
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the US/Canada Junior game. It was good seeing Seth Jones on the US side to even things out cause I was starting to feel bad for Canada's black goalie Subban.
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icks86 wrote: »

lol popeye knew what he was doing when he breeded with a Becky