Anybody ever gotten their record expunged?

StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhymeWe run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,255 Regulator
Or know anybody that has? This is the first time in forever Ive been trying to look for another job and Im certain some shit thats been on my record for over 10 years now is fucking shit up. Ive been trying to call around but these stupid ass govt employees/cops aint helpin too much. I know its possible cause it aint a felony or some super dumb shit that wont go away.

Replies

• BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude OutskirtsPosts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fink you need a lawyer.
    Sion
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,255 Regulator
    .IRS. wrote: »
    I fink you need a lawyer.

For a simple ass misdemeanor? No way
  • 700700 Will I be judged as being a bad trapper, or will I get rich and bitch....laugh at ya Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i forgot how you do it, but yea you can
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only shit that happened as a juvenile.
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude OutskirtsPosts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think soooo. Money and a lawyer.
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Real African Posts: 17,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your local courthouse, I've seen misdemeanors get expunged. You don't need a lawyer, heard you just need to fill out a bunch of paperwork and pay some bread.
    DWOCainSion
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what your state laws are but down here in Florida you can't get your record expunged if you plead guilty. Only way to get your record expunged is if the charges were dropped. To get it expunged you would have to go to a local police department and get your finger prints done (cost a small fee), then submit the expunge paperwork to FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement). The process takes months!
    Billy_Poncho
  • 700700 Will I be judged as being a bad trapper, or will I get rich and bitch....laugh at ya Plap City, FLAPosts: 9,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't know what your state laws are but down here in Florida you can't get your record expunged if you plead guilty. Only way to get your record expunged is if the charges were dropped. To get it expunged you would have to go to a local police department and get your finger prints done (cost a small fee), then submit the expunge paperwork to FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement). The process takes months!

• lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to go to wherever you got that charge from. Go to the courthouse and ask where to go. Then you have to usually pay a fee and fill out some paperwork and you normally need the case number. Then they send you a letter in teh mail talking bout your shit has been expunged. I'm not sure if you need a lawyer or not

But depending on where you trying to work it's still going to show up on your record.
    DWO
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were the repercussions of your charge?...Did you have probation requirements?...If you completed all your requirements the charge woulda been expunged after your last court date/payment/probation appointment...Thing is though, if you tryna apply to any kind of govmt. job, they'll still be able to look it up whether it's expunged or not...
    deadeye
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, expungment only means ''civilian'' employers and the public won't be able to see your shit. Law enforcement and government agencies still can pull up your shit.
    DWODrMindbender122WhoisDonG???
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,255 Regulator
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    What were the repercussions of your charge?...Did you have probation requirements?...If you completed all your requirements the charge woulda been expunged after your last court date/payment/probation appointment...Thing is though, if you tryna apply to any kind of govmt. job, they'll still be able to look it up whether it's expunged or not...

I got a fine and a year probation, everything was completed when it was supposed to. Im just trying to find any kinda part time job nothing crazy like the Govt. I know its still on my record cause I tried to apply to Comcast a few years ago and they sent me a whole damn packet in the mail with the shit im trying to get expunged in it.
    DWOOsirus_Jenkins
  • Dr. StitchDr. Stitch Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in TX only felonies can be expunged...misd. are a no go...
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a fine and a year probation, everything was completed when it was supposed to. Im just trying to find any kinda part time job nothing crazy like the Govt. I know its still on my record cause I tried to apply to Comcast a few years ago and they sent me a whole damn packet in the mail with the shit im trying to get expunged in it.

Problem with this shit nowadays is there's so many companies that do "background checks" and they don't purge the shit. The law might expunge it but all these 3rd party companies might still have a record of it.
    DWO
  • Dr. StitchDr. Stitch Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭

To my knowledge if you completed probation, that charge will not be eligible for expungement also...shits stupid!
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,125 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    i got mines expunged before, you gotta go down tot he court house, and fill out a form and pay like $30 or something like that... shit takes 6-8 weeks and it falls off your record for basic background checks.. but shit like law enforcement and federal background checks can still find it...

my charge was a possession charge of 3 ounces of weed....and i plead guilty to a non prosecution..did a day of community service and that was it
    Dr. Stitch wrote: »

To my knowledge if you completed probation, that charge will not be eligible for expungement also...shits stupid!

Huh? That shit sounds retarded as fuck
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i got mines expunged before, you gotta go down tot he court house, and payfill out a form and pay like $30 or something like that... shit takes 6-88 weeks and it falls off your record for basic background checks.. but shit like law enforcement and federal background checks can stilll find it...

imy charge was a possesion charge of 3 ounces of weed....and i plead guilty to a non prosecution..did a day of community service and that was it

wtf. 3 ounces of weed isnt a felony in MD?
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,125 Regulator
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i got mines expunged before, you gotta go down tot he court house, and payfill out a form and pay like $30 or something like that... shit takes 6-88 weeks and it falls off your record for basic background checks.. but shit like law enforcement and federal background checks can stilll find it...

imy charge was a possesion charge of 3 ounces of weed....and i plead guilty to a non prosecution..did a day of community service and that was it

wtf. 3 ounces of weed isnt a felony in MD?

i wasn't charged with a felony.....

it was two of us in the car...

they gave me possession, and possession with the intent to distribute...

it was a first time charge, so i had to come back to the court house and sign a paper, and do some community service that same day, all we did was pick up trash on north avenue.....it was like 30-40 of us...

shit was mad basic... a few months later i had the shit expunged...
    Stew
    Well damn.
  • SocialAssassinRatiSocialAssassinRati Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two felony charges expunged after they were thrown out of court...you need a lawyer son even for a misdemeanor
  • SocialAssassinRatiSocialAssassinRati Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah and dont use the same lawyer that tried your case for you...
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who doing background checks that go back more than 10 years?
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Posts: 15,646 Regulator
    Get an attorney to do it for you . Costs a lot of money but if its holding you back then its worth it

Are you admitting your criminal background ?

Also federal government jobs do jot have to honor the expungement nor does it mean you do not have to disclose it for public office or some professional jobs
    deadeye
    oh yeah and dont use the same lawyer that tried your case for you...

I didnt use a lawyer, I plead guilty and took the slap on the hand charge.
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    who doing background checks that go back more than 10 years?

Its happening bruh. The charge Im trying to get off happened in '02.