This Will End Badly: Du Want's To Do The Warrior Dash

DWODWO ♪♫♪I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,989 Regulator
edited January 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
has anyone ever heard of it...or better yet ran it??
http://www.warriordash.com/

i''m running it in May.. bout to start getting in shape now.. i'm started with jump rope and running up and down the steps in the morning before going to work.. it's kinda hard doing a full routine working till 10 every night....

but imma start stepping it up as soon as the weather breaks...right now i'm just trying to build my wind back up.....
Ajackson17VIBEChicity

Replies

• leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Never heard of it but yeah ramp up on the cardio little by little. Every little bit helps to getting your system geared up for things like this.

I really don't advocate it much, but maybe look into mixing in some like H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training) with your regular cardio sessions if you do them. Looks like it could help out with getting your heart health and endurance up for this.

Good luck.
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,989 Regulator
    i gotta good heart, so i may look into that.....

i remember doing mid-day sprints for wrestling in college...that shit was fun as fuck....i was a beast in sprints..it's just long ass runs that i sucked at
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,375 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    damn it du, stop teasing me with all these claims that sexy, fit due might make a return one of these days

*sigh* i miss young du even tho i never knew him, he was sexy
    DWOVIBE
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 46,009 Regulator
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 50,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds cool will definitely look into it no straight running. but obstacles always wanred to do something like this
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah my white co workers put me on these obstacle courses. I don't want to hurt myself like that.
    yeah... spartan race is too much... never mind i even said anything...
    du you will die doing this shit.

what the fuck is all this death talk?????
    Mr.LV
    yeah... spartan race is too much... never mind i even said anything...

if i do well in this one, maybe we'll do that one next year.....

it looks longer and more expensive
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i was a beast in sprints..it's just long ass runs that i sucked at

Me too, but ramping up little by little helps. Get your comfortable base (how long you can run until you don't feel like you have to push yourself through it).........Then add five more minutes or 500ft in the next a session or two.......then another 500ft more for the next sessions, and so forth. Before you know it, it'll come and you'll be more adjusted to the longer distances. You got time.

DWO
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of it but yeah ramp up on the cardio little by little. Every little bit helps to getting your system geared up for things like this.

I really don't advocate it much, but maybe look into mixing in some like H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training) with your regular cardio sessions if you do them. Looks like it could help out with getting your heart health and endurance up for this.

Good luck.

why don't you advocate it?
  • Got Em ShookGot Em Shook Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI They had that shit on the hottest day of the year too....thats kinda fucked up
    i'll prolly hit the track tomorrow evening to see what i got int he tank right now...

my goal is to do atleast 1.5 miles running without stopping to walk a lap......

i should be able to do 6 laps....i know it's been a while.....but i think i can handle that
    Kai
    108?
    that aint that bad....
    FYI They had that shit on the hottest day of the year too....thats kinda fucked up

yea, i'm kinda paranoid and anal about shit like that...i'll be sure to be extra hydrated and sure to not do no wreckless shit during the race....
    ROFL at the title change.....
    Black_Samson
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 19,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name change = GOAT
    DWO
    edited January 2013
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i'll prolly hit the track tomorrow evening to see what i got int he tank right now...

my goal is to do atleast 1.5 miles running without stopping to walk a lap......

i should be able to do 6 laps....i know it's been a while.....but i think i can handle that

man... thats a full body workout.
    you need to do more than run. you need to practice each of those obstacles or the equivalent to it....... while running.
    Ajackson17DWO
  • KatKat Posts: 36,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baby steps Du.

Disclaimer: If you DO get all old school sexy, I was rooting for you..remember that!
    DWO