So Andre 3000 wants nothing to do with the idea of people thinking Outkast is making tracks now?

usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason
Andre 3000 breaks his silence on his Outkast partner Big Boi remixing Frank Ocean's and T.I.'s songs.

Andre 3000 has responded to Big Boi tacking on verses to Frank Ocean's "Pink Matter" and T.I.'s "Sorry."

In a statement released to Spin.com, Three Stacks said that he met with both the Odd Future crooner and Tip to discuss the "musical direction" of each song. He said that it was only after he completed his verses did Big Boi's name come up.

3K said that he doesn't want to "mislead our audience" and says that the songs are "not Outkast collaborations." And though he was quick to clarify, he said that he talked with Big Boi, Frank and T.I. and that everyone agreed they weren't Outkast songs.

Read the full statement below.

"It's important for me to be clear about the origins of my contributions to 'Pink Matter' and 'Sorry.'
I was approached as a solo artist by both Frank Ocean & Tip. I discussed musical direction with each artist and completed my verses. It was after that when Big Boi's name came up.
I never want to mislead our audience - I worried that some would think these were Outkast collaborations. These songs are not Outkast collaborations. I discussed this rationale with Big, Frank and T.I. and everyone agreed. That is why I was surprised to read about these remixes.
I understand that anyone can put out an unofficial remix to any song but I have an obligation to be honest with fans about what this is … and what it is

Andre 3000 Responds To Big Boi's Appearances On "Pink Matter" & "Sorry" Remixes | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

This nigga out here collaborating with the likes of Kesha, but you have a problem with people thinking you and Big Boi made a Outkast song.
complex_council

Replies

• P. TownP. Town Posts: 25,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If folks thinking it's Outkast, take that to have ya'll name back out there again and go make some damn music.
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get it... why he dont fuck with Big Boi anymore?
    Already Home_17
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's gon be a lotta people who think that the two of them got together and remixed those songs...Amd when they hear "Pink Matter", it's gon be like..."Oh, I guess that's what they sound like together now"...When in reality, they didn't collaborate and their verses don't really mesh like a real Kast record...
    MrCrookedLetter
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he knows that there's too much pressure that comes with Outkast. As much as yall think it's easy it's so many idiot ass hard to please fans that wanna put every artist in a box. Then you have half the fans that hate when you get more popular and on the flip the ones that love you only when you're popular. Also you have the "i liked their old shit" fans and so much more. Rap fans are some of the most ignorant, hard to please and at the same divided fans out there. It's hard to follow any direction as a hip-hop artist tbh, hence why rappers do rock or some other shit. I know it's the same in almost every genre but not nearly as much as hip-hop.

Or maybe they just have issues. Maybe they've grown apart. Maybe 3K know they gotta get lit on hard drugs in order to record "real Outkast records" and he dont wanna do that..who knows.
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Cause...Neither one of those songs are some shit OUTKAST would do...The way Dre approached them shits was as a solo artist...And he een said he spoke to Big about it...How did you get "he wants nothin to do with Big Boi" outta that?

just the fact he felt he needed to clarify is enuff right there .... andre is making it easy for folks to assume there is some kind of issue there ... he rather people have that image .... then imagine thinking about them actually doing music together lol ..... all on his boogie shit ... he called me AS A SOLO ARTIST lol foh ... andre gonna start killing his brand with this stuck up shit ....... but i think i understand where Andre is @ with it ... hes been with Big boi forever .... sometimes when your with someone that long you want to do you ... theres some sort of freedom in it that you never got to experience when riding with a partner ... especially for how long they been riding ....
  • Supreme_Mind999Supreme_Mind999 Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are playing with ppl to build buzz up for another outkast record..Its so obvious
    MasterALFrank
  • bgoatbgoat Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably said it that way to make sure the labels understand that they are not making music together.

I thought y'all knew they have different labels. Dre's label is tripping or is it that Jive still wants a piece of the pie?
    32DaysOfInfinitiCottonCitySlimblackrainCashmoneyDux
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck Andre 3000.
    The Recipe32DaysOfInfinitiMrCrookedLetterBodhiIceBergTaylorStewmanofmorehouseilledoutMister B.yeah i rap so don't Already Home_17
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 15,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he's just trying to prevent a scenario where fans think this is a sign of things to come. Think about it. You already had people on here acting like it might have been the first step to Outkast coming with something new. He's not shitting on the idea of Outkast reuniting in the future. He's just making it clear that these remixes are not precursors to that.

That said, I don't see why he's so dead set against Outkast collabos. Even if he's not really up for making music as Outkast full time, what's wrong with dropping a collaboration every now and then as Outkast?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I understand, he just doesn't want to add these songs to their otherwise impeccable discography... Not even that they are weak or anything, but Outkast stuff is probably traditionally crafted as a team, not i'll do the record and send it to Dre.

Real fans will understand with out him saying, but I get him trying to inform some of these young dumb kids
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    bgoat wrote: »
    Probably said it that way to make sure the labels understand that they are not making music together.

I thought y'all knew they have different labels. Dre's label is tripping or is it that Jive still wants a piece of the pie?

I hope this is the case, shits awkward.
  • alibabaalibaba Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭
    SMH this fool needs to stop. Me personally..I dont fuck with 3K like the rest of yall but get the fuck outta here with that solo artist shiit. Nigga you aint better then BigBoi and you damn sure aint holier then him. So what if fans think that was a outkast collabo? Why make a statement and feel the need to clarify that? What you really need to do is put down that bottle of gillette and go holla at Big and say you sorry for fuckin up all that money for the last decade.
    Valentinez A. KaiserMister B.
  • YoungChampYoungChamp Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    I honestly have given up on an outkast record, How can andre 3000 get on all these other folks records, and wont even record with Big Boi. There's something beneath the surface with them two, not saying beef but something, cuz u just dont break up the greatest duo in hip hop outta thin air. besides if i wanna hear anything remotely close to the outkast sound, I got Big Boi albums. Since 3000 wont put out one.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 14,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldnt doubt that record label thing, i think ive read b4 about jive trippin about them doing songs together, remember 3000 was posed to be on big boi's first album, i think the same thing is why DJ Paul and Juicy dont collab as much anymore
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what be going through this guy's mind. He can be a solo artist all he wants but it will never be better than this:

Da Art of Storytelling 4

Royal Flush

International Player's Anthem

Lookin 4 Ya

All recent years.
    Lou_CypherAlready Home_17
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I aint give much of a fuck about all that Mobb Deep shit, but if Outkast breaks up, I'm killin everybody

Fuck Andre for makin Big Boi look like a damn fool over and over tho
    buttuh_bBarryHalls
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    I get what he is saying. The shit is basically just Big Boi tacking a verse onto songs. That is not a Outkast re-union that is simply Big Boi tacking a verse on.

I also agree that they are just building buzz.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldnt doubt that record label thing, i think ive read b4 about jive trippin about them doing songs together, remember 3000 was posed to be on big boi's first album, i think the same thing is why DJ Paul and Juicy dont collab as much anymore

I just took it as them 2 going their separate ways

i know Pimp C said that when he dropped his pimpalation album that the label(Jive the label UGK was on as a group) told him and that he can't have Bun on more than 2/3 songs. Any more than that and Jive would consider that a UGK album, and would sue UGK, and Rap a lot for breach of contract. But it's something he signed the dotted line on so he had to abide by it.
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall know damn well Outkast dont need to build no buzz
    GSonII
  • MasterALFrankMasterALFrank teach or learn. Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are playing with ppl to build buzz up for another outkast record..Its so obvious
    That genius too
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he has to do this because of Jive. They will kill any outcast song, or they have to get some of the pie. Issues because the two are on different labels
    bgoatilledout