Arizona dentist puts silver crowns on EVERY one of four-year-old girl's teeth

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, #RedVelvetSquad Member, IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
By LOUISE BOYLE

A four-year-old girl has been left with stainless-steel crowns on every single one of her teeth after she made a recent trip to the dentist. Savannah White was left with a mouth full of metal after she went in for a routine procedure on four cavities, her mother Alecia said on Monday. Mrs White brought her daughter to a dentist's surgery in Phoenix, Arizona and stayed with her until she was sedated before leaving for the waiting room.

Mrs White brought her daughter home and when the child had woken up from a nap, she was horrified to look inside her mouth which had been coated in metal. The dentist's handiwork left the unfortunate little girl with the appearance of Bond villain Jaws, one of the 007's most famous nemeses, played by Richard Kiel, from movies The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

The mother, who also has a son called Zach, said that she was embarrassed by what the dentist, who has not been identified, did to her daughter. She added that the dental work made Savannah unhappy with her appearance. Mrs White told AZFamily: 'On a daily basis she says, ''Mommy, I don't like my teeth. I don't like my teeth.'' And it's really kind of hard to hear every single day.'

The local TV station asked Dr Richard Chaet, a pediatric dentist for 30 years who has written guidelines for his peers across the U.S, to examine photographs of the little girl's mouth. Dr Chaet said he was amazed by the number of caps on the child's teeth but on closer inspection said that the dental work had been necessary due to the level of deterioration.

A dentist later capped Savannah's teeth with white veneers so that she would not be self-conscious about how she looked. The best way to prevent children having silver crowns is to encourage a high level of oral hygiene.

The American Dental Association recommends taking children to the dentist from their first or second birthday and avoid giving children sugary drinks, including fruit juices, which can cause damage.

Despite not being visible, a child is susceptible to cavities from birth because the 20 primary teeth are present in the jaws.
Spoiler:

pic of her mom-

article-2262927-16F6036F000005DC-437_634x428.jpg
TheIraqMrSoutCityLou_CypherjonoCashmoneyDuxAlready Home_17Valentinez A. KaiserRecaptimus_Prime360PicoHyenaKillawhitecrackerSneakDZAscarfacetfGettinLosoul rattler

Replies

• playmaker88playmaker88 Mobile, Agile, Hostile Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • shit happensshit happens Do She Got Dat ASS? u found out shawty fuckin na u mad at me for no reason her pussy jump when u say my namePosts: 9,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver teeth when I smile they tried to take me out da ghetto but I'm still buck wild
    BoldChild700
  • DNB1DNB1 $$$$ Produced by a billion in this muthafukka $$$$ Posts: 14,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it was the mothers fault...

Typical...
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Wall her daddy I bet
    Young Stefloch121goldenjaMzKB
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they got this powdered mexican candy called "Lucas" in AZ that ALL the lil kids love to death. Shit ain't nothin but sugar, flavoring, and citric acid and all the lil kids of all races go ape shit over it. I took my three girls to the dentist once and they had pictures and posters on the wall that they made in the office like "Don't let your kids eat this stuff!". The dentist was like they see kids of all ages with their teeth completely decayed 'cause of that stuff.

I'd put money on it if the moms let her daughter eat that shit.
    Young_Chitlin
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 24,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looking real trill right chea'
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, #RedVelvetSquad Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they got this powdered mexican candy called "Lucas" in AZ that ALL the lil kids love to death. Shit ain't nothin but sugar, flavoring, and citric acid and all the lil kids of all races go ape shit over it. I took my three girls to the dentist once and they had pictures and posters on the wall that they made in the office like "Don't let your kids eat this stuff!". The dentist was like they see kids of all ages with their teeth completely decayed 'cause of that stuff.

I'd put money on it if the moms let her daughter eat that shit.

That's true, I been to the swapmeets and the toddlers and pre-teens had that lucas in their hand. Duvalin is much better than Lucas.
  • Young StefYoung Stef Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn shame but wat caused the cavities in the first place the mother has to know and the dentist seems incompent
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Stef wrote: »
    Damn shame but wat caused the cavities in the first place the mother has to know and the dentist seems incompent

see my post above.
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson l spit some shit that make Michael J. Fox sit still. Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's POWWW WOWWWW Baybey...
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Stef wrote: »

Probably a combination of..

- Being susceptible to cavities.

- Eating sugary foods

- Not brushing teeth right after eating sugary foods.

• Young StefYoung Stef Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @koncept bold child understood my post I meant her sugar intake and lack of proper brushing were probably the main causes but firsthand her mother would know.
    southsil4lil
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob her for her grill
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,607 Regulator
    She looks like a fat kid, so...
    soul rattler
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT GET WHY KIDS GET THIS STUFF IN THEIR MOUTHS..

THEIR TEETH ARE SUPPOSED TO FALL OUT ANYWAY...
    UrbanScribehaute
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude OutskirtsPosts: 11,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dentist was saving her money! He saw her whole set was shot and knows there is only a couple reasons ALL her teeth would be like that. Cap those bitches cuz this kid eats sugar 24/7 and brushes like shit!! Mother should have made her keep them but then the whole world would see the MOTHER lets her runt eat sugar sugar sugar and doesn't brush those teeth herself or make sure the kid brushes them.
    VIBE
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to do this to kids around my way all the time growing up, why is this news?

I was just about to say I've seen little Mexican kids with a mouthful of caps around here..it's more low income than anything.

Meanwhile, does the mom even have teeth??
    VIBE
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 54,083 Regulator
    lil girl could crush rocks with those
    VIBE
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she was in the Asap Rocky Purple Swag video or this is her big sister
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVSMq1yYQoX8N0R2K_K7C7QMqtfQR-bpkRuGRiAXA4J0IlIIiz
    SneakDZAVIBE
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 42,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Paul Wall her daddy I bet

paulWall_grill.jpg

Paul Wall Seal of Approval.
    Young Stef
    edited January 2013
    I DONT GET WHY KIDS GET THIS STUFF IN THEIR MOUTHS..

THEIR TEETH ARE SUPPOSED TO FALL OUT ANYWAY...

A cavity that goes unchecked can turn into a life threatening bacterial infection.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Dental/story?id=2925584&page=1
    VIBE
    Actually, I've never seen a kid with all silvers in their mouth. When I was younger I had a tooth with a bad cavity, and they just pulled it, it was only one though, so I guess that's why.
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter had to have her front teeth capped after a faceplant to the tile, but I made damn sure I knew exactly what the dentist was going to do AND I was with her the entire time.

The dentist used porcelain caps and I was on Medicaid at the time so I'm not sure why this chick couldn't have done the same. Maybe it was due to the number of teeth needing to be capped.

Poor thing.
    GettinLo