Charlemagne says Cass can't win against Meek (Video)

Cigarello SlimCigarello Slim Legalize Never Criticize Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I agree with him say hip-hop is a popularity contest in this social media era, imo bar for bar Cass is the better MC. Whether battle rap, freestyle or commercial records I think Cass has the upper hand.
almighty breeze

Replies

• Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got damn it fuck this Shirt Tales looking ass nigga!!!!!!
    Kamealmighty breezehuey
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 25,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I don't think he's really been paying attention as far as social media and shit like that goes. I remember when Meek Mill dropped his diss track and it was trending, majority of the tweets was folks clowning Meek for dropping a wack ass diss record while giving Cassidy props on everything he's dropped toward Meek
    The Recipesapp08_2001
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 24,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf is he talking about?
    the ppl have spoken, this nigga just a hypnoholic...
    almighty breezeilledout
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tha God just spoke that truth...... Word to Jay-Z for making it cool to not respond to disses because they aint in your tax bracket...... Hip Hop today is wack because everybody wanna be all buddy, buddy and they wanna claim they king of this and that but nobody wants to defend they title..... Wack ass shit...... This is hip hop versions of a paper champ............. Throw subs at niggas that can really beat you in a battle and name name when the opponent is a lesser rapper........
    ChicagoBearsReggie80nohiphop1Black_Samsonfreshb651
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    folk pick and choose who they use the popularity excuse for.... diss Jay or any rapper that the IC likes and its dont pay him any attention or they trying to get buzz etc... but the shit flips all of a sudden in this situation? I remember when Meek was getting a lot of love on here.. and the whole Drake Chris Brown and him drama popped off and I used to make post about Meek being a bitch in that situation and folk chose sides talking bout Meek street and really just bashing Drake.... popularity deflected logic then. Now that Meek has soured in many eyes the perspective has changed which is crazy. To the casual fan Meek will win hell outside of the internet folk dont know about the iphone song or Cass last diss.... I felt Cass won the battle but the truth is still the truth.
    blackrainalmighty breezePimpMVPchiyosuke
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,550 Regulator
    He pretty much said what alot of people on the IC said..."Iphone" was the better diss song, but because Meek Mill is more popular he will "win" in the eyes of the public...ya'll niggas just don't like that Charlamagne said it lol
    illedout
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    blackrain wrote: »
    He pretty much said what alot of people on the IC said..."Iphone" was the better diss song, but because Meek Mill is more popular he will "win" in the eyes of the public...ya'll niggas just don't like that Charlamagne said it lol

He a bitch ass nigga, but he made a great point about Hip Hop being more of a Popularity/Swagg contest instead of a Talent Show. That is all I can agree with.
    Michael_Maliceilledout
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 24,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    CHARLEMAGNE is the male version of Wendy Williams

Charlemenge is Wendy Williams with out the Wig on.

LOL Pac snapped at Wendy Williams being a man and shit

Start at 2:09

illedout
  • Lot86Lot86 Posts: 34
    If he means on a LL and Canibus level where LL won off the strength of his fame, then I agree. If Meek can hold his own even without making the better diss, he'll kind of win at the end no matter what Cassidy does.
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 24,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is we all agree that iPhone and the other diss were better, Cassidy won... the fuck y'all talking about?
    almighty breezeilledout
  • ChicagoBearsChicagoBears Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Tha God just spoke that truth...... Word to Jay-Z for making it cool to not respond to disses because they aint in your tax bracket...... Hip Hop today is wack because everybody wanna be all buddy, buddy and they wanna claim they king of this and that but nobody wants to defend they title..... Wack ass shit...... This is hip hop versions of a paper champ............. Throw subs at niggas that can really beat you in a battle and name name when the opponent is a lesser rapper........

Lol agreed, shit is disgusting. All those rappers are fake as hell though, I wish for one day could infilitrate the industry and expose niggas. Man fuck Meek Mill and all these whack ass new age cats..I will just continue to bump Shad, Mos Def, Erick Sermon, etc..
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at people caring about Charlemagne's opinion.
    Cigarello SlimMister B.
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter I'm More Busta Rhymes Than Martin Lawrence Posts: 15,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    CHARLEMAGNE is the male version of Wendy Williams

Charlamagne used to give Wendy Williams hand jobs during commercial breaks. FACT.

Nigga, how and why do you know that shit?
    infamous114TheIraqilledout
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised... nigga was def slick hatin' on Cass during that Breakfast Club interview.
    sapp08_2001gns
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    wtf is he talking about?
    the ppl have spoken, this nigga just a hypnoholic...

yyooooooo. No way you just used that word. yo. lmao
    Meta_ConsciousSneakDZA