Raekwon: Lost Jewelry

Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious HypocriteThe BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason
2013-01-15-rae.jpg
Wu-Tang vet, Raekwon, kicks off 2013 with the release of the hyped mixtape/EP Lost Jewelry, his first new release since Unexpected Victory from early 2012.

The EP is comprised of 11 new tracks with just a handful of guests, including Faith Evans, Freddie Gibbs, Maino and Altrina Renee. On the production side, producers Scram Jones, Buckwild, DJ Thoro, Statik Selektah, Frank G. and Roads-Art all contributed.

Lost Jewelry serves as a prelude to Rae's upcoming, sixth solo LP, F.I.L.A., an acronym for "Fly International Luxurious Art," which is slated to come later this year. Stay tuned for details...

1. "A King's Chariot" (Prod. by Statik Selektah)
2. "Prince Of Thieves" (Prod. By Scram Jones)
3. "Young Boy Penalties (Prod. By Scram Jones)
4. "Hold You Down" ft. Faith Evans (Prod. By Buckwild)
5. "For The Listeners" (Prod. By Vin Da Chin)
6. "Die Tonight (Prod. By Frank G.)
7. "New Day" ft. Freddie Gibbs (Prod. By Roads-Art)
8. "Lead Season" (Prod. By Frank G.)
9. "86'" ft. Altrina Renee (Prod. By DJ Thoro)
10. "Came Up" (Prod. By Scram Jones)
11. "To The Top" ft. Maino (Prod. By Roads-Art)
12. "Whatever, Whenever" (Prod. By Roads-Art)

I didnt even know this was dropping... I'll listen mañana...
DMTxTHCNothingButTheTruthDr.ChemixiKingGodGivBizCainGhostdenithegawdsapp08_2001jayvon32buttuh_bbkzlostchildjonoblazn101a.mannrip.dillabdbdbdits....JOHN B1of1atribecalledgabithemadlionsfanLurker6

Replies

• Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all can get it at datpiff and such and such...
    DMTxTHC*~queenbee~*
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,487 Regulator
  • Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This shit nice that intro is crazy,Young Boy Penalties,New Day,Die tonight Lead season I'm liking this.
    NothingButTheTruthblazn101
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good for a EP/Mixtape. Rae still sound hungry. Hopefully he brings that to his next album, but the production should be a little better.

That Whatever Whenever joint is ill though. Rae may be damn near 50 but he can still lace those crime raps.
  • vslykevslyke Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    That New Day track is nice... I'll have to check it out. Rae has had a huge comeback over the last few years (starting with OBCL2)
    *~queenbee~*
    lol why does Rae keep wasting money on making music videos? He's never going to be on 106 and Park, and nobody buying his album will be swayed one way or the other by videos.
    sapp08_2001Meta_ConsciousMrCrookedLetterMeesterMuhannadPiffyHazehnic1978a.mannsoulbrotherKellmillsoul rattler
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vslyke wrote: »
    That New Day track is nice... I'll have to check it out. Rae has had a huge comeback over the last few years (starting with OBCL2)

the IRS is on his ass too that's why we getting all this music good for us

• DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol why does Rae keep wasting money on making music videos? He's never going to be on 106 and Park, and nobody buying his album will be swayed one way or the other by videos.

Ever heard of the internet?..

Niggas ain't need TV in years to keep up with an artist's output of music videos..

Look at Joey Bada$$ for example.. he got two vids with over a million views a piece.. he wouldn't have got that type of love on 106 and Pop, lol..
    sapp08_2001rip.dilla

for the love? I mean this is still an art form... and I'll buy his shit if its dope...
    rip.dilla
    Ya'll sit around an watch his videos? Really?

Come on, stop it. Nobody watches them shits. I got every one of Rae's albums and not one video influenced a buy. He's wasting his own money. And if this is money he's got set aside for promoting albums, then better invest it into booking shows, touring, and other better ideas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain1 wrote: »

nice shit......

• nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what's up. Downloading now...
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »

for the love? I mean this is still an art form... and I'll buy his shit if its dope...

fuck new fans them vids are for folks like yourself who are current FANS!
    You dudes are missing the point. Would stop listening to Rae if he didn't make these videos? No. Would not have copped the EP if he didn't make this video? No. So the point is, from a business standpoint, there is no reason for him to make these videos. Yes, there is some artistry to music videos, but by and large their major purpose was to always generate interest in an artist and their works. Nowadays that's not nearly as important. Why do you think MTV and BET don't even show videos much anymore. For someone like Rae, it's even less important because the only people who will even watch his videos are people who already his fans and already supporting making it a waste of money for him.

You like the videos, great. It doesn't change the fact that it's waste for him.
    when i suggest music to my ppl on FB and shit, a video is a nice visual... shrug...
    a.mannrip.dillaKellmill
    lol I'm not complaning. You dudes are dense or something. I'm saying from Rae's standpoint he doesn't have to waste money on videos. He made like 6 of them for SvW and even most people who bought the album probably never watched them. Again if ya'll like them, that's cool. I'm not knocking that. I'm just saying it's a waste of money on Rae's part.
    Infamous.H_G_CPiffyHazesoul rattler
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Bruh you're not everybody. Yes I do enjoy watching some videos. Especially with emcees like Rae who tell a story on 70% of their tracks. It just puts his bars in better perspective IMO.

Also, have you not stopped to think, maybe he's trying to gain NEW fans? ... Shit I know from my POV, I'm much more likely to listen to a new song if it has a video rather than just audio.
    rip.dillaachewon87
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listening now...sounds decent.
    Bruh you're not everybody. Yes I do enjoy watching some videos. Especially with emcees like Rae who tell a story on 70% of their tracks. It just puts his bars in better perspective IMO.

Also, have you not stopped to think, maybe he's trying to gain NEW fans? ... Shit I know from my POV, I'm much more likely to listen to a new song if it has a video rather than just audio.

Where did I say that I was everybody? It's a fact that videos don't have the impact they once did. That's not just for me that's for the media sector in general. Lots of artists have abandoned videos, so why are you acting like me suggesting that Rae do this too is some kind of crazy idea.

Again, if this video didn't exist would you have passed on the EP?
    Have you ever heard a song that you didn't like but went and copped an album because the video was good?

If your answer to those questions is "no" then your point doesn't really hold any weight.
    Some outstanding tracks on this... I am impressed...