Shawty Lo’s All My Baby Mamas Gets Axed By Oxygen( yeah niggas we won!!!)

GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

AllHipHop News) Shawty Lo’s reality show aspirations have come to a halt despite conflicting reports. “All My Baby Mamas” has been canceled after the Oxygen Network succumbed to community and societal boycotts.
The show was to chronicle the life and times of the Atlanta rapper and the 10 mothers of his 11 children.
The show sparked outrage that it fed into negative stereotypes.
AllHipHop’s rumor’s guy illseed had sources that predicted the demised of the show, but other sources seemingly inside the network contradicted the notion.

RELATED STORY: Hip-Hop Rumors: Oxygen To Cancel Shawty Lo’s Show
A network rep released a statement saying, “As part of our development process, we have reviewed casting and decided not to move forward with the special. We will continue to develop compelling content that resonates with our young female viewers and drives the cultural conversation.”
Shawty Lo is reportedly looking to salvage the series.

http://allhiphop.com/2013/01/16/shawty-los-all-my-baby-mamas-gets-axed-by-oxygen/

i still want to see the pilot episode of this bs tho but anyways fuck that nigga good ridden's of this bs

now only if we can get a petition get ymcmb,niggas under 17 rapping in Chicago and lame ass posters like @ptowndonte off the face of this earth we should be good money
LV_DonLou_CypherCashmoneyDuxBARON_$AMEDIBusta Carmichael

Replies

• GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 47,390 Regulator
    it's a start.

now we go after Honey Boo Boo...
    fucking inbreds...
    Lou_CypherWild Self
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,998 Regulator
    who cares. i mean it sucks that negative stereotypes defines us black people, but it doesn't mean that there needed to be a boycott over a random show, especially when there are other shows depicting whites, latinos, middle east and black people negatively.
  • hnic1978hnic1978 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think its hilarious that people petitioned this show citing that it "fed into negative stereotypes" but have no problem with Atlanta Housewives, Basketball Wives, and Love & Hip Hop which all do the exact same thing. I'm not saying that Shawty Lo's show should be on the air, but if we going to smash his hustle and take money out of his pocket why aren't we doing the same thing to Shaunie O'neal who is basically building an empire on Black Women behaving obnoxiously and with no class. Which by the way, was the same stereotype that all the black women were crying about last year after that Superbowl Pepsi commercial.

Hell I hate ALL of these shows and wish they all can die but people love ignorance and keep watching. But that Shorty Lo was one of those "they making money why can i too" shows. We have 2 say enuff is enuff and start the cut off point somewhere
  • Knock_TwiceKnock_Twice Aint never had nothing in my whole life, grew up on eggs and rice Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe the show was called "All my baby mamas" lol..smh dayum shame
    OGClarenceBoddicker
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best way to boycott and show is not watch it. i don't watch these basketball wives or whatever else them other shows are on VH1 or E. Lol at win niggas wanna boycott a show on oxygen (b why you even care about oxygen its a fucking womens network) but they don't wanna boycott the bullshit going on in chicago and other cities.
    I just think its hilarious that people petitioned this show citing that it "fed into negative stereotypes" but have no problem with Atlanta Housewives, Basketball Wives, and Love & Hip Hop which all do the exact same thing. I'm not saying that Shawty Lo's show should be on the air, but if we going to smash his hustle and take money out of his pocket why aren't we doing the same thing to Shaunie O'neal who is basically building an empire on Black Women behaving obnoxiously and with no class. Which by the way, was the same stereotype that all the black women were crying about last year after that Superbowl Pepsi commercial.

you right but this shit is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme by 20x the amount of bs plus all those shows combined
    fuc_i_look_likefranknitti
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hnic1978 wrote: »

Hell I hate ALL of these shows and wish they all can die but people love ignorance and keep watching. But that Shorty Lo was one of those "they making money why can i too" shows. We have 2 say enuff is enuff and start the cut off point somewhere

That's my point though. They didn't have to draw the line at his show. They could have made this petition and set it against all these shows rather than ganging up on one show making it seem like it's some kind of unholy abomination when it really isn't that much worse than the rest of the bunch.
    5th Letter
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 52,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about them other shows?
    Bender RodriguezOGClarenceBoddicker
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're nobody until a nobody puts your name in the opening post I guess. Damn I made you catch feelings
    MrCrookedLetterEar2ThaSt
  • hnic1978hnic1978 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    the best way to boycott and show is not watch it. i don't watch these basketball wives or whatever else them other shows are on VH1 or E. Lol at win niggas wanna boycott a show on oxygen (b why you even care about oxygen its a fucking womens network) but they don't wanna boycott the bullshit going on in chicago and other cities.

Hey i agree with u about not watching, but Snapped is my shit on Oxygen lol.....me and wifey catch the marathon on Sundays lol.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like 1 bitch who is actually married for every 100 housewives on TV, but there is no problem with that. That one bitch was on Basketball Wives dating Chad Johnson. The fuck kind of shit is that?
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Hey i agree with u about not watching, but Snapped is my shit on Oxygen lol.....me and wifey catch the marathon on Sundays lol.

nah lol i feel you see that shit is different cause its something you do with your girl. my girl be watching female shows and i might peep it with her and shit. but im talking about niggas who never even seen oxygen that was typing in all caps on some sign this pettition shit was too much.
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

those shows dont involve CHILDREN !!

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »

those shows dont involve CHILDREN !!

What difference does that make? No one was boycotting because of the children. They were boycotting because of the promotion of stereotypes. Besides if Lo's agenda, which it seems to be, was to show himself as a loving and good father, I'm pretty sure the children angle would be the most sane part of the show.
  • lion_heartlion_heart Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭
    By cancelling this show yall probably help take food out them kids mouth becuz we all know he ain't making it rapping
    _Menace_CashmoneyDux
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those self righteous broads, bible thumpers and single mothers that got this taken off the air are celebrating....
    jumparoundlebron.gif
    Ear2ThaSt
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    You're nobody until a nobody puts your name in the opening post I guess. Damn I made you catch feelings

i caught some feelings when ya moms popped you out her cooch other than that im just constantly sonning you
    P. TownMrCrookedLetterEar2ThaSt
  • antoseegantoseeg Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    This is bad.

Politics should never stop an entrepreneurial venture from starting. Consumers should be the people that decide what businesses succeed, and what businesses fail. People who had no plans to watch his show, got it stopped. That's wrong. This is a political form of dictatorship, being used to cover up an ugly part of the black community.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 17,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    we let VH1 go from behind the music marathons to The Ratchet Network, but couldnt let shawty LO get a run? we give ratings to a network FULL OF DUCK ASS HOES, but couldnt show shawty lo takin care of ALL HIS KIDS and his ratchet ass baby mama's?
    King Lee
  • Reggie80Reggie80 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Funny thing about this, most people who petitioned this probably listen to music that stereotypes us as well.

Of course but that's the hyprocrisy I didn't see nobody trying too take octomom off the air.It's all fine and good if bitches is doing it(ratchett shit) there is no issue hence calling each other bitches or a rapper saying it but let me or you do it and it's all hell.

This shit ain't right niggas didn't know the premise of the show and got it token off!Taken food out that man mouth that's fucked up.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we can watch Kimmy Cakes run through more black men than Alex Haley at the Roots audition
    Mister B.Monizzle14