Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 1/13/2013

AggyAFAggyAF Ami stima hopi sankananin yah gyal's pumpumPosts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
#13. T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head - 23,000 (312,000)

#20. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - 19,000 (639,000)

#24. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 17,000 (254,000)

#36. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.F.I.C. - 12,000 (280,000) FLOP

#41. Game - Jesus Piece - 9,800 (170,000)

#43. 2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story - 9,600 (502,000) Certifed and sold GOLD

#50. Chief Keef - Finally Rich - 8,100 (99,000)

#79. Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up - 4,900 (797,000)

#116. Big Boi - Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors - 3,300 (57,000)

#195. Nas - Life Is Good - 1,800 (349,000)

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22555/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-1-13-2013

Note: Cruel Summer is a #56, Dreams and Nightmares at #62, Pluto at #97, God Forgives I Don't at #110, Lace Up at #123
gnssapp08_2001purpngoldSionFy_HunnitMz

Replies

• genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chief Keef's album is doing surprisingly well
    CJKINGECsapp08_2001purpngold
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH... Jay, Ye and Em need to drop them albums ASAP... hip hop ain't looking good.

What's the official numbers for Cruel Summer?
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow week.
  • AggyAFAggyAF Ami stima hopi sankanan in yah gyal's pumpumPosts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    SMH... Jay, Ye and Em need to drop them albums ASAP... hip hop ain't looking good.

What's the official numbers for Cruel Summer?

Album sales are not THAT important.

cruell Summer is around 380-410k sold
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think those numbers are will Wiz will be. folks fail to realize how much black and yellow being tied in with the Steelers helped his sales and brand on the 1st go round. That connection isn't there anymore. you had random whitey's buying his album just to support the steelers anthem

Meek and Nas not seeing gold

I thought Game would be doing a little better

Dam big Boi

Maybe TI won't make it to gold

we need some new music

• sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keef sellin more than big boi? Damn. It looks like a lot of folks gonna flop this year. Smh @ TI's numbers
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,705 Regulator
    I think the real story here is Game doing what he's doing. I believe homie dropped a week after TI and hasnt reached 200k yet. Sad
    sapp08_2001genocidecutterSion
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf Kanye ain't drop a video for clique or released another single?
    infamous114sapp08_2001Already Home_17
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Boi man smh...
    CJsapp08_2001buttuh_b
    I think the real story here is Game doing what he's doing. I believe homie dropped a week after TI and hasnt reached 200k yet. Sad

Real story is big boi getting outsold by chief keef
    sapp08_2001genocidecutterbuttuh_bAlready Home_17
  • Igot5onitIgot5onit Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God Damn Big Boi flopped like a motherfucker
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do anybody know ASAP's projections?
    Sion
  • DaBullDaBull Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ Game
    blackblocsapp08_2001Sion
  • jayvon32jayvon32 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Kendrick about to catch up with Nicki and she came out a full 8-9 months before him plus the whole YMCMB radio payola behind her.....

Chief keef outselling big boi? damn shame, but big boi didnt really have no promotion behind his album.

LOL @ Game album being damn near a rainbow coalition of rappers and not getting at least 200k in sales
  • AggyAFAggyAF Ami stima hopi sankanan in yah gyal's pumpumPosts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do anybody know ASAP's projections?

possible #1 debut
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 34,705 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    CJ wrote: »

I dont think so for a few reasons. Big never even put out a single like he did on the 1st album. His album isnt catered to the masses/youngins and well Chief Keef is the new rap "trend" guy or at least tried to be. Dont think many ppl expected Big Boi to sell much, he didnt on his 1st album. Game sold 3x platinum at one time.
    sapp08_2001
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 43,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game needs to drop his next single his album dope as fuck
    CJAggyAFsapp08_2001Already Home_17PimpMVP

I dont think so for a few reasons. Big never even put out a single like he did on the 1st album. His album isnt catered to the masses/youngins and well Chief Keef is the new rap "trend" guy or at least tried to be. Dont think many ppl expected Big Boi to sell much, he didnt on his 1st album. Game sold 3x platinum at one time.

Didn't outlast go diamond tho?
    The RecipePimpMVP

Didn't outlast go diamond tho?

Yea. Outkast hasnt dropped an album in 7 years tho
  • farrellfarrell Posts: 109
    Sales are low these days. The climate is all fucked. Meek and Wiz won't be seeing Gold anytime soon. Kendrick isn't seeing plat, sorry. He's got an excellent album on his hands but I just don't see it happening. Game had a dope album so it's a shame to see low numbers. Chief keef I don't really give a fuck about but I hate to see him outsell big boi. Good look for 2Chainz I wonder how he will do on his second round.
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big boi didnt have any promo .... keef had tons of it ;) big story here is Keef was nothing but hype that didnt trendsend into $ale$ ............... hey he could be going thru what Wale went thru on Interscope and could align with the right team and still put out below average #s lol ;)
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    farrell wrote: »
    Sales are low these days. The climate is all fucked. Meek and Wiz won't be seeing Gold anytime soon. Kendrick isn't seeing plat, sorry. He's got an excellent album on his hands but I just don't see it happening. Game had a dope album so it's a shame to see low numbers. Chief keef I don't really give a fuck about but I hate to see him outsell big boi. Good look for 2Chainz I wonder how he will do on his second round.

when did game have an album out that shit was a superfriends compilation
    sapp08_2001CJAlready Home_17