2 Pac " Who Do You Believe In?" Appreciation

2

Replies

  • kirkangilkirkangil Posts: 352
    Times of Armageddon, murders in mass amounts in a society where only getting the cash counts

    My fave lyrics from this song.
  • kirkangil wrote: »
    Times of Armageddon, murders in mass amounts in a society where only getting the cash counts

    My fave lyrics from this song.
    It don't get any realer and anymore descriptive than that...
  • UndergroundraplegendUndergroundraplegend Posts: 2,218
    edited January 2013
    kirkangil wrote: »
    Times of Armageddon, murders in mass amounts in a society where only getting the cash counts

    My fave lyrics from this song.

    yep that shit went hard

    surprised Tommy didnt come in here and said.

    ''faq tupakk he a bitc azz niqqa, he qill Biqqie, he waz a bellrina.''




  • [Intro: 2Pac]
    Let us pray
    Heavenly Father, hear a nigga down here
    Before I go to sleep
    Tell me, who do you believe in?
    Who do you believe in?

    [Verse One: 2Pac]
    I see mothers in black cryin, brothers in packs dyin
    Plus everybody's high, too doped up to ask why
    Watchin our own downfall, witness the end
    It's like we don't believe in God cause we livin in sin
    I asked my homie on the block why he strapped, he laughed
    Pointed his pistol as the cop car passed and blast
    It's just another murder, nobody mourns no more
    My tear drops gettin bigger but can't figure what I'm cryin for
    Is it the miniature caskets, little babies
    Victims of a stray, from drug dealers gone crazy
    Maybe it's just the drugs, visions of how the block was
    Crack came and it was strange how it rocked us
    Perhaps the underlyin fact they hide explain genocide
    It's when we ride on our own kind
    What is it we all fear, reflections in the mirror
    We can't escape fate, the end is gettin nearer

    [Chorus 2X: 2Pac]
    Who do you believe in?
    I put my faith in God, blessed and still breathin
    And even though it's hard, that's who I believe in
    Before I'm leavin, I'm askin the grievin - who do you believe in?

    [Verse Two: 2Pac]
    Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror
    I hate the man in the mirror
    Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer
    Times of Armageddeon, murder in mass amounts
    In this society where only gettin the cash counts
    I started out as a beginner
    Entered the criminal lifestyle became a sinner
    I make my money and vacate, evade prison
    Went from the chosen one to outcast, unforgiven
    And all the Hennessy and weed can't hide, the pain I feel inside
    You know, it's like I'm livin just to die
    I fall on my knees and beg for mercy, not knowin if I'm worthy
    Livin life thinkin no man can hurt me
    So I'm askin -- before I lay me down to sleep
    Before you judge me, look at all the shit you did to me, my misery
    I rose up from the slums, made it out the flames
    In my search for fame will I change? I'm askin

    [Chorus]

    [Verse Three: Kadafi]
    Faith in Allah, believe in me and this plastic
    Cause so far I done witnessed to many dead niggaz in caskets
    With they chest plates stretched like elastic
    And what's worse I'm on front line, holdin down camp, still mashin
    Heard my cousin, one of the old heads from the block
    Just came home October of '95 back in Yardsville stuck
    with a three to five, if he don't act up, now he realize
    If you don't stay wise, then in this game you fucked
    Talk to my baby girl, give me the word on what she heard
    One of the grimmies is snitchin, Diamond a stool pigeon I talked to him
    He said he didn't, my man said he did, in fact he's sure
    Cause he just came home off of bail

    [2Pac] Now tell me

    [Chorus]

    [Outro: spoken word]
    Who do you believe in?
    Is it Buddah, Jehovah, or Jah? Or Allah?
    Is it Jesus? Is it God? Or is just yourself?
    Definately not to be imposed, being a demon
    Because this is the joy of believing!
    Men, to believe in yourselves
    But for sure, the higher power
    Resides only to ride in the heart of the true
    From the soul, of the man; for truth never has an alibi
    In the poetry, or in it's realm
    That's what pulls all words together
    Just to understand, that every man, is his OWN man
    And only man can satisfy the man
    Only the soul of the man, the feelings of the man
    The for realness of the man
    You can't shake the man when you feel the man you know the man
    And you gotta call yourself because you are that man

    [2Pac]
    Who do you believe in?
    I put my faith in God, blessed and still breathin

    [singing while 2Pac speaks]
    Who do you believe in? Put my faith in God, and
    Blessed and still breathin

    [singer + (2Pac)]
    Even though it's hard (Who do you believe in?)
    That's who I believe in (Put my faith in God)
    Before I'm leavin (Even though it's hard)
    I'm askin the grievin
    (Before I'm leavin I'm askin the grievin - who do you believe in?)
    Who do you believe in? (Who do you believe in?)
    Who do you (Blessed and still breathin)
    Oh blessed, oh blessed
    (Before I'm leavin I'm askin the grievin - who do you believe in?)

    [singer]
    Oh who do you
    Do you believe in
    Hohhhhh-ohhhhh

    [2Pac over singer]
    Who do you believe in?
    I put my faith in God, blessed and still breathin
    And even though it's hard, that's who I believe in
    Before I'm leavin I'm askin the grievin - who do you believe in?

    [singer + (2Pac)]
    I'm askin (Who do you believe in?)
    I'm askin you (Put my faith in God)
    (That's who I believe in)
    (Before I'm leavin I'm askin the grievin - who do you believe in?)

    [2Pac]
    Who do you believe in?
    I'm blessed and still breathin
    That's who I believe in
    Before I'm leavin, I'm askin the grievin
    Who do you believe in?
    Who do you believe in? [echoes to fade]

    It don't get anymore lyrical than that...He had a talent whereas he was able to be lyrical and still be able to embody a deep and articulate message, which could be understood and still make for a very enjoyable listen...no one else could do that!
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 45,233
    south4life wrote: »
    Dude had some of the realest songs, this is why I stayed having Pac on rotation and my mom did not understand why I was such a Pac fan lol.

    "Who Do U Believe In"
    "Dear Mama"
    "Changes"
    "I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto"
    "Trapped"
    "Brenda's Got A Baby"
    "Me Against The World"
    "So Many Tears"
    "Life Goes On"
    "My Block"
    "Only God Can Judge Me"
    "Keep Ya Head Up"
    "Unconditional Love"
    "Wordz To My First Born"
    "Teardrops and Closed Caskets"
    "The Good Die Young"
    "As the World Turns"
    "Dopefiend's Diner"
    "Ghetto Gospel"
    "Pain"
    "The Lord Knows"

    I can go on and on and on, he was the best in my book.

    Pac had songs for everything
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    He wasn't lyrical by hip hop standards.

    He had content but not skill.
  • tb_tb_ Posts: 232
    ohhhla wrote: »
    He wasn't lyrical by hip hop standards.

    He had content but not skill.

    Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    Son, I listen to Pac.

    Just because his lyrics touched you doesn't mean he's super skill.

    He had emotional tracks that people can relate to.

    This is a fact in Hip Hop.
  • tb_tb_ Posts: 232
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Son, I listen to Pac.

    Just because his lyrics touched you doesn't mean he's super skill.

    He had emotional tracks that people can relate to.

    This is a fact in Hip Hop.

    thats your opinion not a fact
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    In Hip Hop there's a standard on lyricism.

    If you were a hip hop head, not paying attention to what was hot back in the day

    You would know this.
  • Supreme_Mind999Supreme_Mind999 Posts: 5,185
    edited January 2013
    R&B singers aren't super lyrical..Their lyrics are very simple yet its the tone of the notes that resonate with the listener's soul that makes them play their records over and over again..Most of these successful rappers are the ones that can harmonize to a extend..Their Tones soothe and heal people or get people amped and motivated..Look at jeezy..Its the raspy voice complemented with the banging beats making people cop his albums,,Again music is about tones

    When will you tone def muthafuckas overstand that "lyricism" is more than spitting words on a beat
  • south4lifesouth4life Posts: 6,851
    Not to mention Pac and many other people that were around him said that he dumbed down his lyrics to get to everybody, Pac could really flow he just dumbed it down and that is the reason why he has a huge following to this day because he was able to reach everybody, he didn't make his lyrics too hard for others that was not on the level.
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

  • ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    edited January 2013
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it

    Great way to bring up an irrelevant point

    And get butthurt.

    If I critic an athlete and say he's not good.

    And then you do this ad hominem thing

    How the fuck is that acceptable?

    Hip Hop has standards now.

    Pac was the best songwriter, yes

    He was an emotional dude but he wasn't skillful.
  • ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it

    Great way to bring up an irrelevant point

    And get butthurt.

    If I critic an athlete and say he's not good.

    And then you do this ad hominem thing

    How the fuck is that acceptable?

    Hip Hop has standards now.

    Pac was the best songwriter, yes

    He was an emotional dude but he wasn't skillful.

    Rofl...hip hop has standards now? And PAC wasn't skilful? Rofl.......
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it

    Great way to bring up an irrelevant point

    And get butthurt.

    If I critic an athlete and say he's not good.

    And then you do this ad hominem thing

    How the fuck is that acceptable?

    Hip Hop has standards now.

    Pac was the best songwriter, yes

    He was an emotional dude but he wasn't skillful.

    Rofl...hip hop has standards now? And PAC wasn't skilful? Rofl.......

    You probably think Pac was as lyrical as B.I.G., Rakim and them.
  • ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it

    Great way to bring up an irrelevant point

    And get butthurt.

    If I critic an athlete and say he's not good.

    And then you do a red herring thing

    How the fuck is that acceptable?

    Hip Hop has standards now.

    Pac was the best songwriter, yes

    He was an emotional dude but he wasn't skillful.

    Dude you dumb..How you gonna say he's the best songwriter and turn around and say he's not skilled? smh

    Skills are skills whether they are sub par(BY your perception) or superior..Just because you say it doesn't make it law nigga

    End of the day, these rappers had enough skills to make millions while your broke ass sitting behind a computer thinking your judgement have any effects on the real world

    Myself included(sans the broke part)
  • ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it

    Great way to bring up an irrelevant point

    And get butthurt.

    If I critic an athlete and say he's not good.

    And then you do this ad hominem thing

    How the fuck is that acceptable?

    Hip Hop has standards now.

    Pac was the best songwriter, yes

    He was an emotional dude but he wasn't skillful.

    Rofl...hip hop has standards now? And PAC wasn't skilful? Rofl.......

    You probably think Pac was as lyrical as B.I.G., Rakim and them.

    Go look up the definition of lyricism....expressing deep personal emotion and observation...so yea PAC was more lyrical than Big and ppl were able to connect and relate to Pac's music way more than Big or anyone else for that matter, and that's evident.
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    The definition of lyricism in the dictionary is different from Hip Hop

    How many times must we go thru this?

    When I say a chick is bad, does that mean she's a person of malice

    Or beautiful woman?

    You decide.
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,314
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Listen, using Ad Populum to assert your argument

    Means that it's not true.

    Majority don't care skills or technique and etc.

    They care what they can relate to.

    That's not skill.

    Its called having social skills..Thats a skill..If thats not skill then you do it and sell multi platinum albums..

    Go ahead..do it

    Great way to bring up an irrelevant point

    And get butthurt.

    If I critic an athlete and say he's not good.

    And then you do a red herring thing

    How the fuck is that acceptable?

    Hip Hop has standards now.

    Pac was the best songwriter, yes

    He was an emotional dude but he wasn't skillful.

    Dude you dumb..How you gonna say he's the best songwriter and turn around and say he's not skilled? smh

    Skills are skills whether they are sub par(BY your perception) or superior..Just because you say it doesn't make it law nigga

    End of the day, these rappers had enough skills to make millions while your broke ass sitting behind a computer thinking your judgement have any effects on the real world

    Myself included(sans the broke part)

    Way to go commit logical fallacies, again.

    Jesus, can't we argue reasonably?

    There are standards.

    Was 50 Cent lyrically gifted 10 years ago???
2
Sign In or Register to comment.