Dwight Howard : Can he be more dominant?

MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Much has been made of Dwight Howard's disposition. That he is to happy go lucky on the court. That he jokes and plays

around too much etc. but that's not why he isn't dominant offensively. The reason he isn't a dominant offensive player is

because he's a shitty offensive player. He doesn't have much of a low post game , or hook shot or anything of the sort .

He can't make a 15 foot jump shot . His offensive game is very limited. He could be the maddest man on the planet and

still would not be able to dominate on the offensive end. He's going to have to seriously work on his game (especially

after the back surgery) before he'll be dominate on that end of the floor. So I'm I right or wrong , can dwight be dominate

if he wanted to or is it that his limited offensive skill set doesn't allow him to dominate?
aneed123

Replies

• MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 49,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure he needs to exert his physicality.. fight for position and be more of a punisher.. he can smile and still do all that goofy shit but get his grit up..
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He play like a bitch most of the time and still put up numbers.. he won't develop his game til he start losing some of his ability
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B OG Bobby Johnson Inglewood niggaPosts: 6,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For somebody supposedly so goofy and happy go lucky he sure do get T'd up and ejected often enough...
    Sir Lurkalot
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhhh he looks offensively akward and stiff.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaq was and still is goofy too. Dude just needs to get in the right system and get "serious" about his game.

Hell the greatest laker ever (imo) Magic Johnson always had a smile on his face. That nigga even smiled when he announced he had the monsta, lol.

That's true and all, but even Shaq will tell you when it's game time he killed all that noise and start beasting. Shouldn't be no smiling when your squad is as trash as the lakers. Also dude should be serious about his game already. Fuck that right system shit. Get your fucking head in the game and go out and do something. Him and Bynum being the best big men in the game just shows you how many wack big men there are in the league.
    JusDre313miamivice305
  • JusDre313JusDre313 BBW slayer! WHAT UP DOE!Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    i agree with @shenco.. even though shaq was silly. he brought aggression and domination to the game

D12 man.. his offensive skills sucks basically. no other way to put it. hes limited as shit. I still feel he is better than bynum, but Bynum has him beat with his all around offensive game. D12 obvioulsy has him beat with defense and health, this being D12 first major injury and bynum has had what ONE healthy year?

He needs to work on his game.. ALLL SUMMER! nigga shoot what less than 50% from the FT/ cmon man that aint gon cut it.. like shaq said its NOBODY in the league that can guard howard he should be dominating. Take the ball in the post and bang those other crap ass centers around. play to ur fucking potential, not to your competition, hell he aint even doing that cuz they ass still losing
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    homie could get 20 and 20 a night if he wanted to
    StoneColdMikey
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,447 Regulator
    Dwight Howard right now reminds me of the dude that comes to ball in all the gear, all the extra shit but you know you can bitch him on the court...something just seems off about his game right now
    WhoisDonG???StoneColdMikey
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refs are picking on him extra since he's now in a Laker jersey and his back is still hurt.

Btw stop comparing him to Shaq. Shaq was on another level.
    manofmorehouseWhoisDonG???playmaker88
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HIS OFFESIVE SKILLS are straight ass watch him then watch brook lopez his offensive skills are subpar at best compared to brook, dwight is getting by because he's a physical beast thats it
  • Sir LurkalotSir Lurkalot Chief Lurkistrator Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he can & should be more dominant from a rebounding/defensive standpoint. Offense?.. no, not with this team
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwight needs act more like dog.

almighty breezemiamivice305
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude's been in the league nine years. His offense is, was, and will be based on his athleticism. He'll never be a 25 PPG 12+ RPG monster.
    GettinLoStoneColdMikey
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best center in the game? If someone would get through to Demarcus Cousins and Bynum stayed healthy he would be the third best center right now. Hell even Noah improved his offensive game this year
    marc123StoneColdMikey
  • JusDre313JusDre313 BBW slayer! WHAT UP DOE!Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Dude's been in the league nine years. His offense is, was, and will be based on his athleticism. He'll never be a 25 PPG 12+ RPG monster.

see thats my point.. if he worked on his offense game he would be a beast.. like @aone said. the league is full of bum ass big men thats why he SHOULD be dominating. and i agree he would get killed against the 90's center, but its 2013 and he should be waay better than them others guys. an c/s @Iamjaypee. Cousins could be the best and hopefully will be once/if he grows up and i said the same thing about bynum. he better than dwight offensively.. but i think its damn near a wrap on him.. yeah he still young but hes man (i could be worng) but he probably missed about the same amount of games he actually played in due to injury
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aone415 wrote: »
    Eh...how about he's just not that good...

yeah he's the best center in the league but the league is filled with weak centers making Howard look better than he actually is. He's a rebounding machine but has never developed any type of offensive skill set. If he played in the 90's he'd be an average center... everyone from Hakeem to Pat to Shaq to Admiral to Smits would shit on dude.

Can't disagree with this post. No sir. I cannot.
    king hassanGettinLo
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwight is what he his.... in Orlando it was enough to get to the finals and he had dominant numbers at times.... he isnt healthy now so it isnt really fair to him. he plays defense and rebounds as well.... now if u want him to be Shaq or Wilt on offense then all I can say is have u watched him his whole career?
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    dwight is what he his.... in Orlando it was enough to get to the finals and he had dominant numbers at times.... he isnt healthy now so it isnt really fair to him. he plays defense and rebounds as well.... now if u want him to be Shaq or Wilt on offense then all I can say is have u watched him his whole career?

But the thing is you don't need 15 thousand moves , He just needs one go to move and a counter and he would be unstoppable. He's been 9 years and still doesn't have one go to move in the post .
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,447 Regulator

yeah he's the best center in the league but the league is filled with weak centers making Howard look better than he actually is. He's a rebounding machine but has never developed any type of offensive skill set. If he played in the 90's he'd be an average center... everyone from Hakeem to Pat to Shaq to Admiral to Smits would shit on dude.

If he played in the 90's he would have taken his ass to college where he could have developed some type of offensive game. He's another example of a young player who got by on his athleticism for so long now that he can't just overpower people and actually has to rely on skills he's struggling because he never had to learn them before.
    GettinLo
  • af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at this point dwight is what is. He will go down as a second tear all time great center amoung the likes of Ewing/Morning/Mutumbo/Malone
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

If he played in the 90's he would have taken his ass to college where he could have developed some type of offensive game. He's another example of a young player who got by on his athleticism for so long now that he can't just overpower people and actually has to rely on skills he's struggling because he never had to learn them before.
    Let some of these niggas tell you that's all you need to be a good player. Fuck knowing how to ball, but if you fast and can jump high your game on God Like status. That's for that cat the say Bird was'nt a "real" hooper. Hell Z-Bo is way better than Howard and he ain't athletic what so ever, but he boards and scores

GettinLo