Dr. Dre is about to be 48 yrs old, does that impact how you feel about listening to his future music

The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason
I know Detox has been dropping for over a decade and the music, if it ever drops will be from within that timespan, also considering most of the songs were written by Hip Hop's Elite. I was wondering how the IC feels about buying or listening to newer Dr. Dre music this late in his career and if Detox ever drops can you still take his image seriously.

Dreoldinfrontofimpla_zps54e3d62e.jpg

Dr. Dre is about to be 48 years old, does that impact how you feel about listening to his new music?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
lookdudeROZAYTABERNACLEunspoken_respectgenocidecutterAlready Home_17Sionrip.dillaDillaDeaf

Replies

• sullysully Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll put it this way...I won't be listening to it b/c Dre is rapping.

That's if it ever comes out (i doubt it).

He should just drop the facade, and start releasing EP's with 5-6 joints on it every six months. Even if he doesn't record anything new, he should release the music from his vaults on EP's, and call it a day. It'd give him room to be more creative with his own music, and he'd be able to continually test the waters to see what sound people are liking from him.

But I guess he's too busy swimming in headphone money to think about the music like that anymore.
    The Recipechiyosukeblackrain
  • hnic1978hnic1978 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will support Dr. Dre no matter what he is a Legend and Mastermind.
    No it doesn't change a damn thing.....dude is still capable of making good music despite his age......With him, Jay, and a few other rappers into their 40's still making good should kill the notion that rapping is a young man's art. Fans like me that are in their mid to late 30's can relate with what the younger fans are bumping and thats cool. But i grew up on Dre' so I still roll with him
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    everybody wants to work with him!
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sully wrote: »
    I'll put it this way...I won't be listening to it b/c Dre is rapping.

That's if it ever comes out (i doubt it).

He should just drop the facade, and start releasing EP's with 5-6 joints on it every six months. Even if he doesn't record anything new, he should release the music from his vaults on EP's, and call it a day. It'd give him room to be more creative with his own music, and he'd be able to continually test the waters to see what sound people are liking from him.

But I guess he's too busy swimming in headphone money to think about the music like that anymore.

C/S great idea too.
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Dre bein' 48 don't mean shit since I stopped givin' a shit about his music years ago... Detox never comin' out.
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    kai_valya wrote: »
    why does hip hop seem to be the only genre that has a mandatory retirement age? they're still letting the rolling stones rock even tho most of them look like they're dead already. i mean even madonna's geriatric ass is still doing pop tours. why in hip hop are you old by 35?

Good point, but I was thinking of more of what he represents as far as his image and subject matter at this stage in his career and does that appeal to the culture or does it discourage them. Not that he should retire.
    achewon87
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much shit as I talk about Detox not dropping if the pieces were in order and the music was good I would fuck w/ it.

It would be so dope to have G Unit, Em,Slaughterhouse, and Black Hippy on a project w/ other legends

I just don't feel Detox will happen because the prod. team that made most of that classic shit Dre put his stamp on aren't there.

Dre was better when he had a team to bounce ideas off of.His strength is in his mixing.he can take a good beat and make it a great beat.
    its....JOHN B
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care about anything else, I just want Detox.
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Dr. Dre is my Dad or Grandfathers age, I cant take him serious at this point.
    Dre's beats are weak nowadays and I dont want to hear an album we're hes talking about smoking weed and westcoast g shit when hes old and gay, and if he tries to get serious he doesnt even write his own lyrics so I cant take it seriously, not even sure Detox would be worth a dl if it ever dropped
    Kalecrunchrip.dillaa.mannWild Self
  • georgia boigeorgia boi Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What new music?

I'd listen to it if he's behind the boards.
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What new music?
    This
    I'd listen to it if he's behind the boards.

But not this
    chiyosuke
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care about anything else, I just want Detox.
    That nigga don't got no new music. Hip hop has to mature to do that it needs older people to make music.
    Infamous.H_G_C
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx WU TANG BANGER, 36 STYLES OF DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    words can't describe how pissed off I was when he delayed detox yet again in 2008. I vowed to boycott that shit when it comes out BUT knowing me I might cop it. but still until then fuck that nigga
    Los216
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic This dick aint freeeee #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 11,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas still believe in Detox?
    KalecrunchJusDre313achewon87idoitforhiphop10
  • King Lee King Lee The Danger ZonePosts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭
    I never understood niggas acting like Detox is something special this nigga doesn't write his raps. I lmao when I hear rappers saying Dre "blessed" me with a 16 smh give his production to someone else.
    The Recipea.mann
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing I hate about hip hop is that its considered a young man's game...other genres dont really have to worry about that, rolling stones still selling out stadiums
    TayJoneYoung Stef
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What future music? Nigga ain't never dropping again.
  • heavyrelishheavyrelish Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    only 48? i think thats misinformation...
    TayJone
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future music? Really?

Headphones are Dre's cash cow now...he's like fuck music and us fickle ass fans with it.
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    99. percent off rappers i listen to are over 31!
    The Recipe
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to play doctor's advocate tho
    ain't jay about the same age?
    birdman?
    lil wayne is a 30 year old man wearin skinny jeans and tryna learn how to do some shit he shoulda learned to do 20 years ago
    the older that nigga get the younger he acts
    2 chainz is old enough to be my father......'s younger brother
    why should dre catch any flack for collectin a hip hop ssi check?
    Young StefWild Self