Lupe Fiasco Kicked Off Stage At Obama Party...Plays Anti-War Song for 30 Minutes

blackrainblackrain Posts: 19,544 Regulator
Lupe Fiasco reportedly created a bit of a row on Sunday by insulting President Obama during an inaugural event.

Although Fiasco was booked as the headliner for the StartUp RockOn concert in celebration of Obama's reelection, the 30-year-old Chicago rapper apparently had no plans to cheer the current administration. Instead, after taking the stage at The Hamilton in Washington, he reportedly announced that he didn't vote for the president in the 2012 election and spent more than 30 minutes performing an anti-war song

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/21/lupe-fiasco-inauguration-concern_n_2518319.html
CracceRMrSoutCity

Replies

• Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 17,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupe Fiasco has ascended to legendary status to me and walk away like a man. That's whatsup. Playing politics is the shit I don't like.
    Osirus_Jenkins2 Drawlzbootsy_jenkins
  • P-Dogg77P-Dogg77 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Alright u dolphin Whoopi Goldberg hybrid lookin ass nigga we get it , ur revolutionary and all that. no hate for nigga but that mothafucka weak as hell. If he dont like Obama fine why dont he go back to O'Reilly and try to explain to him why he's a terrorist again. Insolent ass nyugga dont nobody give a fuck about his dolphin lookin ass.
    Ajackson17deadeyebootsy_jenkins
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 19,544 Regulator
    Something about Lupe's whole transformation into Preach from Don't Be A Menace is annoying as fuck..and I'm a fan of his music...he's just being an attention whore with this shit
    PurrBigBallsNoWorriesdeadeye
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh...that wasn't very nice.

Wrong way to get your message across. I like that song though.
    Young Stefdeadeyebootsy_jenkins
    Lupe's old music was pretty much the same shit he criticizes today before he tried to become the black skate board kid for marketing with F&L...and many people he rolls with and reps for, like his man Chill, are well known and not for being boy scouts growing up...pretty much Lupe needs to check his own circle of people around him before criticizing everyone else's and what they do
    Osirus_JenkinsCopper
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    once people start breaking this down for what it is
    (attention whoring)

watch Lupe take to twitter whining about how everybody else are "blind,sheep,zombies..." etc,etc

Ajackson17
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit was 30 minutes long?

Gotdayum.

When keeping it real goes wrong.
    Ajackson17
    I have the utmost respect for Lupe for doing this. I'm going to buy another album of his, he is a living legend.
    Osirus_JenkinsdeadeyeCP203bootsy_jenkinsCopper
    edited January 2013
    if Hannity or Limbaugh gives him props and a shout out

that's evidence enough Lupe gettin' some of that Conservative media kickback money
    Ajackson17deadeye
    I don't like Obama or Lupe so I have no bias when it comes to this.

Lupe did a fucked up thing by agreeing to do a show for a cause he doesn't believe in only to go on there and perform in a way to disrespect the President. You don't like Obama? Cool, keep it to yourself if you're going to headline an event that is for him, or have your principles and just say you won't be doing the event because you don't agree with his policies. But to go out there and put on a show and actually go against Obama in the process not only makes the Obama administration look bad, it makes hip hop and Lupe look bad as well and brings into question his loyalty and integrity. Not to mention I'm sure the GOP will like having this to talk about.

Lupe been talking about President Obama for a while now. If he put him on than it's his own fault, no one is gonna change up because it's an Inaguration time.
    Osirus_Jenkinsunspoken_respectchiyosuke
    Damn, someone hates on Obama, y'all niggas jump on him. I can see who the sheep is.

People who the President would use a drone on if they don't do what he says to do.
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Lupe did a fucked up thing by agreeing to do a show for a cause he doesn't believe in only to go on there and perform in a way to disrespect the President. You don't like Obama? Cool, keep it to yourself if you're going to headline an event that is for him, or have your principles and just say you won't be doing the event because you don't agree with his policies. But to go out there and put on a show and actually go against Obama in the process not only makes the Obama administration look bad, it makes hip hop and Lupe look bad as well and brings into question his loyalty and integrity. Not to mention I'm sure the GOP will like having this to talk about.

Lupe been talking about President Obama for a while now. If he put him on than it's his own fault, no one is gonna change up because it's an Inaguration time.

Lupe known about Obama for a while now living in Chicago...if he hated him so much he shouldn't have said some shit back in 2006/2007 when we all knew Obama was gonna be the Democratic presidential nominee in the next election...Lupe the same nigga that cant even deal with Chief Keef
    Osirus_JenkinsokaayPurr
    Damn, someone hates on Obama, y'all niggas jump on him. I can see who the sheep is.

Folks criticize Obama all the time...and the criticism is often legit...Lupe is just being a bitch about his way of doing it....in an effort to make his political point, he's doing a disservice to his fans in terms of the quality of his music, performances, interviews, etc.. The very people who put him in such a position for his point to be heard adn that's not a good way to keep people supporting you so your points can continue to be heard
    deadeye
    blackrain wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Lupe known about Obama for a while now living in Chicago...if he hated him so much he shouldn't have said some shit back in 2006/2007 when we all knew Obama was gonna be the Democratic presidential nominee in the next election...Lupe the same nigga that cant even deal with Chief Keef

He knew Chief Keef was a lost case, but he still had his hand open, but keef didn't want to extend his hand. So what is he suppose to do about that?
    Osirus_Jenkins
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 33,080 Regulator
    Did he accept the check?

If so he's a hypocrite
    Ajackson17Purrdeadeye
    He better get that the money, that's some ill shit.
    chiyosuke
    edited January 2013
    just for those that missed it

to his credit, Lupe handled himself well here

but as someone accurately  pointed out: "he (O'Reilly)  scheduled someone on his show that called Obama a terrorist, the take away from that whole segment is the correlation between Obama and the word terrorist... Fox knows this and accomplished what they wanted to accomplish......"

but in the end he played himself........
    Ajackson17JG's Legal AdviserOsirus_Jenkinsdeadeye
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an idiot. Both Lupe and the event planner. It's not like they could have did a quick Google search on this clown. You know this niggardly is extreme when Bill O'Riley Raleigh for the president when he interviewed this fool.
    Ajackson17