Fabolous: It's Time for Me to Be New York's Rap Icon [Video]

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter I like dope beats and dope rhymesPosts: 15,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replies

• Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy anywhere visa is acceptedPosts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    his chick is a bigger name than he is right now
    Meta_Conscioussapp08_2001blackgod813ocelot
  • AggyAFAggyAF in the PPM ThreadPosts: 26,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he is very overrated, I heard an interview on power 105 with asap rocky and ferg and the guy was crying about they don't "sound" like ny rappers and he was all like "yall say u grew up on ugk and three 6 but not fab
    CashmoneyDuxsapp08_2001
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 26,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never liked dude... His last mixtape is getting heavy rotation right now tho...
    *~queenbee~*
  • gr8VALuegr8VALue Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    Fab has never really followed a trend. Most ny rappers sound like they're from the south & even tho fab does his mixtape shit over southern beats, his actual singles or albums for that matter never really sound like whatever is going on at the time. There's a fine line between trying to stay relevant & just plain out following a trend. As far as him stepping up & trying to be that nigga in ny, I think he should've been felt that way, but ny doesn't have they're own sound right now, but they need somebody to give them an identity & it might just be him idk...

• nawledge_godnawledge_god Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's Always Been Aiight To Me...His Over reliance On Punchlines And RnB Hooks Killed It For Me...This Nigga Always Made Panty Musik
  • So he wanna be that nigga for NY? I wanna see if he can do it. I think he could of been did this, but I feel that he is lazy, just like Banks, and a few other NY artist. He may have a little more hustle then Banks, but he still seems a like a lazy dude someone that got comfortable where he was at, and just being that dude that would pop up as a feature on a hot joint; or would drop a hot single off a mixtape.

He never captured that energy and ran with it once he had it; so I really want to see what he has planed, and if he really has that desire to be that nigga. Soul Tape 2 gave him some good buzz, lets see what he do with this Loso Way II joint.
    buttuh_b
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like all the NY niggas from that era have short term revelations that they should actually try...It happens like once a year...Jim, Fab, Juelz, Sha Stimuli, Skyzoo, Grafh, Red Cafe, Banks(especially Banks)...Outta nowhere they just decide that they should run the city and take over the game...Then they just fall back again...
    DMTxTHCbuttuh_bblackrain
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fab is on the right path with Loso's Way, that album was a very good album. Songs like Pachanga, Stay,etc show he has the ability to make great hiphop record and music with substance. Where he fucks up is his singles are too cookie cutter and formulaic (featuring hot r and b singer and talking about tricking).

Fab needs to learn how to make singles that commercially successful but isn't on some (let me take you shopping).
    gr8VALue
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I never liked dude... His last mixtape is getting heavy rotation right now tho...
    Spoiler:
    DMTxTHC
  • gr8VALuegr8VALue Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    It's like all the NY niggas from that era have short term revelations that they should actually try...It happens like once a year...Jim, Fab, Juelz, Sha Stimuli, Skyzoo, Grafh, Red Cafe, Banks(especially Banks)...Outta nowhere they just decide that they should run the city and take over the game...Then they just fall back again...

Agree, but the diff between fab & all them other niggaz, is they all have that old grimey ny type shit. Fab can actually branch of & actually rap over a diff type of sound. Not saying he's ny's savior anything but he's more talented in that aspect compared to banks & them
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad im not in NY i guess
  • double jaydouble jay Posts: 50
    Pachanga was a terrible song, b...

you crazy
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Full Of Smoke Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fab's live show sucks. He's too busy being stuck in 'persona' mode and fails to just blank out and give his all let loose on stage. Nothing 'iconic' about that at all.

The same could stand as a metaphor for his career actually.
    CirocObama
  • internationalinternational Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss my love was the shyt!
    usmarin3
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,003 Regulator
    fab was cool but once he start to over do the punchline shit he got wack to me
    iron man1ocelot
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gr8VALue wrote: »

Agree, but the diff between fab & all them other niggaz, is they all have that old grimey ny type shit. Fab can actually branch of & actually rap over a diff type of sound. Not saying he's ny's savior anything but he's more talented in that aspect compared to banks & them

you love fabolous, b
  • Snake GriffinSnake Griffin Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't every NY rapper that's come out the last couple of years said this before Fab?