Have you been Drained of True Emotion?

KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :*Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are you still capable of experiencing and expressing true emotion?

Are you able to truly love someone or have you become so jaded that you just go through the motions?

I guess this is more for the older posters that have some failed relationships under their belt, but I'm curious as to if people go through so much in life and love that they become incapable of actually giving their all and really allowing themselves to love.

Thoughts and go.
dwade206Meta_ConsciousRubato Garciapurpngoldtwinzmom
«134

Replies

  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 50,262 Regulator
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been told since i was a teenager, that i have no emotions my mom put me in therapy for it,my wife tells me damn near the same thing she says i'm very cold, no reason i can think of for why i'm that, i just am, and i'm finally starting to realize it after what i said to my mom after she tried to guilt trip into doing some shit for her, i had to tell her i didn't ask her to give birth to me, she made the decision to

    Just judging from your unique relationship, I would say this is true of you, but you say you don't know how you became this way?

  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I have no emotions no longer. I'm without a soul in the deepest of pit of despair. I hold silently as the cold wintery night as the moon shines bright showing the dark residue of gloom that holds my being intact.

    smh...you could have just said yes. How do you expect to be in a relationship if you have no emotions?

    And besides that's untrue, your videos have proven you are still capable of experiencing indignation.

    False, it's high level acting. I have no emotions. I'm a robot.
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been told since i was a teenager, that i have no emotions my mom put me in therapy for it,my wife tells me damn near the same thing she says i'm very cold, no reason i can think of for why i'm that, i just am, and i'm finally starting to realize it after what i said to my mom after she tried to guilt trip into doing some shit for her, i had to tell her i didn't ask her to give birth to me, she made the decision to
    Matt- wrote: »
    inb4 "fiat owns this thread"

    inb4 fiat was never drained of emotions b/c he never had them to begin with


    ironic
    Gold_CertificateCP203
  • CP203CP203 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been told since i was a teenager, that i have no emotions my mom put me in therapy for it,my wife tells me damn near the same thing she says i'm very cold, no reason i can think of for why i'm that, i just am, and i'm finally starting to realize it after what i said to my mom after she tried to guilt trip into doing some shit for her, i had to tell her i didn't ask her to give birth to me, she made the decision to

    Just judging from your unique relationship, I would say this is true of you, but you say you don't know how you became this way?

    i really think i was born this way, my mom is always saying they switched me at the hospital because there is no way her child could lack emotion like me, when my brother died didn't cry, when my sister died didn't cry, when my grandfather died didn't cry, when my kids were born it was whatever,that's just how i am
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been told since i was a teenager, that i have no emotions my mom put me in therapy for it,my wife tells me damn near the same thing she says i'm very cold, no reason i can think of for why i'm that, i just am, and i'm finally starting to realize it after what i said to my mom after she tried to guilt trip into doing some shit for her, i had to tell her i didn't ask her to give birth to me, she made the decision to

    Just judging from your unique relationship, I would say this is true of you, but you say you don't know how you became this way?

    i really think i was born this way, my mom is always saying they switched me at the hospital because there is no way her child could lack emotion like me, when my brother died didn't cry, when my sister died didn't cry, when my grandfather died didn't cry, when my kids were born it was whatever,that's just how i am

    This post made me feel sad.
    CP203purpngold
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I have no emotions no longer. I'm without a soul in the deepest of pit of despair. I hold silently as the cold wintery night as the moon shines bright showing the dark residue of gloom that holds my being intact.

    smh...you could have just said yes. How do you expect to be in a relationship if you have no emotions?

    And besides that's untrue, your videos have proven you are still capable of experiencing indignation.

    False, it's high level acting. I have no emotions. I'm a robot.

    You didn't answer my question. Apparently you desire a relationship, so how do expect to experience that to the fullest without emotion?

    purpngold
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I have no emotions no longer. I'm without a soul in the deepest of pit of despair. I hold silently as the cold wintery night as the moon shines bright showing the dark residue of gloom that holds my being intact.

    smh...you could have just said yes. How do you expect to be in a relationship if you have no emotions?

    And besides that's untrue, your videos have proven you are still capable of experiencing indignation.

    False, it's high level acting. I have no emotions. I'm a robot.

    You didn't answer my question. Apparently you desire a relationship, so how do expect to experience that to the fullest without emotion?

    Yeah, I have been drained but I'm not looking. I don't want to be tied down and work on a relationship.
  • VIBEVIBE Aww! It's a new day, yes, it is! Posts: 42,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to make a thread today about having prepared yourself for the death of your loved ones.

    Have you thought about their deaths to the point that you've prepared yourself for it?

    I have, and I think it's a good thing. I've seen death fuck up a lot of people, when their loved ones die, they go into a deep depression and are zombie-like. This is what made me start mentally preparing for the deaths of my loved ones. When I first thought of it, it saddened me and I choked up, but I've been doing it so long that now I don't really get so sad and choked up.

    Maybe it's weird, but I feel it's a good thing.

    But to answer the thread, I'm not fully drained of my emotions. Somewhat, yes.
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be intelligent and balanced about emotions. No need to be extreme either way. Doing so is not unlike "thinking with your dick".

    People who say they're never going to fall in love - probably inadvertently set themselves up to fall hard.
    People who get emotional about every little thing are a buzz kill.

    3ox6bf.jpg
    Ajackson17Bodhibuttuh_bgoldenja
  • CP203CP203 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been told since i was a teenager, that i have no emotions my mom put me in therapy for it,my wife tells me damn near the same thing she says i'm very cold, no reason i can think of for why i'm that, i just am, and i'm finally starting to realize it after what i said to my mom after she tried to guilt trip into doing some shit for her, i had to tell her i didn't ask her to give birth to me, she made the decision to

    Just judging from your unique relationship, I would say this is true of you, but you say you don't know how you became this way?

    i really think i was born this way, my mom is always saying they switched me at the hospital because there is no way her child could lack emotion like me, when my brother died didn't cry, when my sister died didn't cry, when my grandfather died didn't cry, when my kids were born it was whatever,that's just how i am

    This post made me feel sad.

    why, its not like i don't love em, its just how i am, even though my wife is always telling me i have to show my son some kind of emotion, because she says she wouldn't be able to deal with it, if he turns out like me
  • VIBEVIBE Aww! It's a new day, yes, it is! Posts: 42,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    heartache is not the only gauge for emotions

    what about ; pleasure, joy,amusement, pride, lust, apprehensive etc

    you rarely see these pseudo-psychopaths denouncing those

    funny how that works....

    I choose what emotions I want to keep and what emotions I don't.

    I don't think it's hard to do that. It makes for a better life IMO.
    CP203Ajackson17Bodhi
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really talk about my emotions nor really use them to make decisions and it's hard to recognize what I'm actually feeling, I don't know. Than when I'm in a relationship and I want my space, than it starts spiraling into hell with them and they get fed up with me. And leave me going wtf lol, I just love my alone time.
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    VIBE wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    heartache is not the only gauge for emotions

    what about ; pleasure, joy,amusement, pride, lust, apprehensive etc

    you rarely see these pseudo-psychopaths denouncing those

    funny how that works....

    I choose what emotions I want to keep and what emotions I don't.

    I don't think it's hard to do that. It makes for a better life IMO.

    oh really

    spock.gif
    VIBE
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    haute wrote: »
    no I can still feel things deeply


    I've had heartaches but I chalk it up to life being what life is

    But has that realization affected how you love in your current relationships?
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.