Reasons why Jay-Z is still the #1 rapper

Es-BeeEs-Bee 2nd comingPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
1. I aint dropped yet
2. Nas's delivery is ass juice
3. Lil Wayne started wearing leggings
4. Beyonce
5. The illuminati
soul rattlerBK ProductStewLurker6twatgettaBodhinawledge_god_Goldie_Siqnih Da Trapperscrapper1rip.dillaJudah BackStoneColdMikeydakidfrankieIgot5onittexasdaking88arbitrationTheBoyRoAjackson17infamous114thedesolateone

Replies

• CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    It's time for him to drop a new solo album if he wants to retain that spot. All bullshit aside I'm fiending for some SOLO Jay Z music. I don't wanna hear him with Kanye or euro sound.

I think I'm gonna have to CS you...
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay ain't drop an album worth purchasing in 6 years..
    NothingButTheTruthrip.dillatexasdaking88arbitration
  • PervisPervis Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    6. outsold and outlasted nas, mobb, wu and every other artist who came out in the mid 90's.

nas is still stuck on 350k while jay 's next solo album will do those numbers in half a week
    Es-Beeusmarin3manofmorehouseStoneColdMikey
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Jigga been the #1 rappa alive since 2000 when he dropped the dynasty.There's nobody else in the rap game with the catalog,sales,worldwide impact,classic songs,hood bangas and respect that jigga has
    Pervismohamedmiamivice305TheRicanKing
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,027 Regulator
  • Es-BeeEs-Bee 2nd coming Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Did the nigga really say Beyonce as a reason why Jay is the man at rappin tho?

bro bro if u were fucking Beyonce u too would be a rapping ass dude, cuz she only gone fuck with number 1 type niggas
    rip.dillaNah Son
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather hear a new Nelly album than a new Jay-Z album. The fuck I wanna listen to Jay talk about how his baby's bib cost more than my car, and how Gwyneth calls him and Kanye niggers on tour?

but you relate to rappers rapping about how their daughters are whores?

nujerz84Supreme_Mind999rip.dillanj2089
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

American Gangster came out 5 years and 2 months ago.

How does this equate to 6 years?
    MorganFreemanKing
  • twatgettatwatgetta Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 reason Jay Z is #1 :

Biggie got killed.

If Biggie lived Jay Z would be the #1 entourage nigga.
    Es-Beevslykerip.dillaDisciplined InSight
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twatgetta wrote: »
    #1 reason Jay Z is #1 :

Biggie got killed.

You don't know that, stop asserting this.
  • achewon87achewon87 Midnight Marauder SDF-1Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Illusion of Truth" effect
    Judah Back
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if he makes a decent studio album you can put him in the discussion for that. I mean outside of having a good studio album hes really accomplished allot. What 90's rapper could sell out any arena in the US had they decided to tour tommorrow? What rapper can make a forgetable album like bp3 but still have an iconic song like new york state of mind that is an anthem? But i agree with those on here that demand another legit album from hov.
    rip.dilla
    #1 reason Jay Z is #1 :

Biggie got killed.

R.I.P. Biggie but that nigga was mediocre
    jayvon32achewon87vslykeJG's Legal AdviserPervisrip.dillaStoneColdMikeyalmighty breezearbitrationAjackson17TheRicanKinginfamous114
  • jayvon32jayvon32 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Can't believe I seen someone call Biggie mediocre and considering Jay-z used alot of biggie rhymes in his lyrics (this is coming from a Jay -z fan) one thing you cant say about Biggie is that he was mediocre.

Overall Jay-z is one of the GOAT IMO. His catalog, success, and influence on rap culture as well the current rappers in the game.
    vslyke
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    #1 reason Jay Z is #1 :

Biggie got killed.

Ah mate come on man
    L.O.S.T.
  • PervisPervis Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    #1 reason Jay Z is #1 :

Biggie got killed.

co-sign. biggie was below average lyrically.he just got lucky to have a hype machine like puffy behind him.

and how the fuck did biggie get a pass for all those homo lyrics? i don't give a fuck if he quoted some comedian. if i ever quoted a line from a comedian it sure as hell wouldn't be a line about about sucking on someone's daddy's dick. biggie used that line because those were his true feelings he kept hidden in the closet.
    ohhhlajayvon32vslykeEs-Beerip.dillaStoneColdMikeyJG's Legal Adviseralmighty breezeTheRicanKing
  • Siqnih Da TrapperSiqnih Da Trapper Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL @ that gif
  • Supreme_Mind999Supreme_Mind999 Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Man don't nobody wanna hear Jay's crusty ass Geriatric rhymes about he moves his bowels after eating $200 plates at Mr.chow's

He worth 100 million plus still rapping brag lines about how he moved keys back in the days

Kingdom come came already jay, and it was wack so sit back in your beach chair rocking your hebrew sandals and stfu
    Es-BeeStoneColdMikey
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7. Hov can sell ice in the winter and sell fire in Hell..
    Es-BeeStoneColdMikeyTheBoyRo
    Is this thread sayin Jay the #1 rapper of all time? Or is this one saying he's the #1 rapper right now?

Because if it's the latter, it's not true because Wayne, Drake, and Kanye are bigger acts than that nigga is right now. It's the reason why Jay needs to rest his career on Kanye's shoulder right now, he isn't the big solo act that he once was.

Jay-Z is the GOAT, but im talking number 1 rite now, i guarantee if either of those 3 dropped an album the same day as Jay-Z, he would out sell em, if they did a show in the same city, same date, & same time Jay-Z's show would be more packed
    buttuh_bnj2089