Quitting a job. Lets talk about it.

major painmajor pain Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
How did you handle it? I'm talking a good job that you actually like. Not the gig where you have to force yourself to get out of bed to get there.

I am on the fence about how/when I should drop this haymaker on these people. I know what should be done, but I'm also conflicted about how it could affect some relationships. Tho the real nigga in me has me like...






lep.gif
Max.
«1

Replies

  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit a job once...I was working 2 and it was the part time job.
    DWO
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never quit a job I liked
    KatRubato GarciaStewChicity
  • KatKat You just do you..Imma do me :* Posts: 40,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you quitting?

  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Never quit a job I liked

    The lazy nigga in me doesn't wanna leave LOL. As I type this nobody's phone has rang in about 25 mins. Shit, 3 of my coworkers are sleep right now. My sprvsr just walked past all of em laughing & ain't say shit.

    Osirus_JenkinsJusDre313texas409MzKB
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aone415 wrote: »
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I'm there myself right now. I love my current job. I do tech support for Audiovix Electronics. The 16th if this month was a year for me here. I sit at a desk/computer all day & wait for niggas to call in. A lot of slow days where we don't really have even a medium call volume so I'm just bullshitting on the computer on ESPN, SI, Fighthype, on the IC in my phone, or playing games in my phone.

    My sprvsr us cool as fuck & my coworkers are funny as shit. It's only 7 of us in our dept we're cut off from everybody else. We be in this bitch talking about sports, cursing, & cutting the damn fool. It's almost like getting paid to sit in the barbershop.

    But next week I got an interview for this CO position at the Central Prison (max security) & it pays about 8K more per year & the benefits are excellent. If I get it a nigga gotta make moves.

    That's wassup... in no time you'll be a platinum selling rapper

    Do it you'll be rocking versace suede shoes in no time Threadstarter.
    
    
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I got an interview for this CO position at the Central Prison (max security)

    bull6599 wrote: »
    kfcrickross.jpg


    Coincidence??
    bull6599 wrote: »
    The lazy nigga in me doesn't wanna leave LOL. As I type this nobody's phone has rang in about 25 mins. Shit, 3 of my coworkers are sleep right now. My sprvsr just walked past all of em laughing & ain't say shit.

    That sounds like my last job.

  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I got an interview for this CO position at the Central Prison (max security)

    bull6599 wrote: »
    kfcrickross.jpg


    Coincidence??
    bull6599 wrote: »




    The truth is far more sinister
    BodhiBcotton5blackrain
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Never quit a job I liked

    The lazy nigga in me doesn't wanna leave LOL. As I type this nobody's phone has rang in about 25 mins. Shit, 3 of my coworkers are sleep right now. My sprvsr just walked past all of em laughing & ain't say shit.

    Bruh do not leave that job. find a part time to make some extra cake or find something you like to do like a hobby to make some more bread. Having a job that you like is great. I mean your still in the rat race but you dont have to worry about cheese. Plus a CO aint a gravy job either. my boy did it and he got his left eye gouged out and he was in a medium security. Them ma prisoners dont give a ffuck....at all.

    Yeah I don't want too & I've thought about all of that, but I'm in a pinch right now. A few years ago I got sick & had to leave school w/ 3 semesters left to graduate. I'm trying to go back to finish my degree but they keep telling me I gotta pay some of these loans back ( which I'm currently doing) but that shit is affecting my credit score too. More money means I can pay em back faster & I can pay for the rest of my classes out if pocket instead having to wait. I'm trying to get this shit done.

  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aone415 wrote: »
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I'm there myself right now. I love my current job. I do tech support for Audiovix Electronics. The 16th if this month was a year for me here. I sit at a desk/computer all day & wait for niggas to call in. A lot of slow days where we don't really have even a medium call volume so I'm just bullshitting on the computer on ESPN, SI, Fighthype, on the IC in my phone, or playing games in my phone.

    My sprvsr us cool as fuck & my coworkers are funny as shit. It's only 7 of us in our dept we're cut off from everybody else. We be in this bitch talking about sports, cursing, & cutting the damn fool. It's almost like getting paid to sit in the barbershop.

    But next week I got an interview for this CO position at the Central Prison (max security) & it pays about 8K more per year & the benefits are excellent. If I get it a nigga gotta make moves.

    That's wassup... in no time you'll be a platinum selling rapper

    So that means Imma sell more than Rozay cuz the Bawse ain't never went plat.

    vince_vince
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Why are you quitting?

    Better opportunity and money as well. This new place really wants me. I turned down an offer before the end of the year and they hit me back week before last with a deal I couldnt refuse. They had my curiousity and now they have my attention...

    tumblr_mfn665rYfg1rqt353o1_500.gif
    Rubato Garciahuey
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    i just quit a job i liked, i felt it was time. But being unemployed slowly eats away at you.

    definitly line the next move up is my advice
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    shit, bake a cake.

    I-quit-cake-225x300_resize.png
    MsSouthernMzKBamenhotepiv
  • Max.Max. How bout i break ya arm n roundhouse kick ur head off? Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no supervisor i dont really do extra shit...fall asleep take hour breaks 1 1/2 lunch
    Bad thing is i work fri n sat graveyard
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a job interview thread a few weeks back in which I said I had a job interview.

    Long story short.. I killed that shyt.. like I literally destroyed..
    Got the job/ 6 figs / full relocation pack / stock options ect / west coast here i come

    Now I gotta quit this job.
    I havent put in my 2 weeks yet.. But after I do that. I plan on just meeting with some
    of my bosses and giving them the heart to heart.. shyt like that.

    Bout to copped that Z4 as my first and last N*gga purchase.

    Get a Z8, B.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit like a nigga n take shit on your way out
    Chicity
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 15,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im in this same situation now

    the job that is interested in me actually called my current employer and asked them questions about me and thats how they found out....shrugs

    im just waiting on my background to clear and im peacing out soon
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, #RedVelvetSquad Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got interviews Thursday and Friday with State Farm and Progressive, respectively.
    GettinLo
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.