Goyer is sure Disney will remake Blade, while Jane doesn’t think it wants another Punisher Read more

Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car...Posts: 45,302 Regulator
blade gallery 4

Blade is still one of my favorite comic book/superhero movies to date. It’s the one movie that helped spawn the whole Marvel movie craze like the X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, and more. It even had slo-mo and superhuman jumping before The Matrix made it popular.

In an interview with Crave Online, writer David Goyer (Blade, The Dark Knight) thinks that Blade will be remade since Disney now has the rights to the property.

“I do. Now that Marvel/Disney have recaptured the rights, I’m sure it will be [remade]. They made too much money on that character to not reboot him at some point.”

Goyer is confident that even though the Blade franchise doesn’t seem appropriate for Disney, the vampire slayer’s popularity will sway them.

“But I mean, look, between merchandise and what not, that little character generated almost a billion dollars.”

Tell that to Thomas Jane about Marvel doing another violent comic book movie. He told us that he thinks Marvel wouldn’t go forward with another Punisher movie due to its violent nature.

“I don’t think that Marvel is really in the business of doing R-rated stuff. They seem to not have good luck with the Punisher series. I would love to do another Punisher film. I did the short film just for the fans because I never saw an adaptation to the screen of the character, Frank Castle, that I liked or thought was faithful to the original character. If I did have the opportunity to make a Punisher film, that’s the theme I would want to have. I think that someday that film will get made.”

Perhaps Blade is more popular than the Punisher. The daywalker did have a trilogy that all starred Wesley Snipes. Each of the Punisher movies starred different actors including Dolph Lundgren, Thomas Jane, and Ray Stevenson.

As for whether Snipes will return as Blade, Goyer doesn’t seem to think so.

“I don’t think so. I think there’s too much water under the bridge there.”

And lastly, here’s his answer on whether Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be appearing in the Justice League movie.

“I can absolutely not answer that question.”
Read more at http://nerdreactor.com/2013/01/07/goyer-is-sure-disney-will-remake-blade/#DsS6YMtO3yja6A4B.99

Replies

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 45,302 Regulator
    did not see that coming...
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will they be getting to act as Blade if this happens?
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thomas Jane for the JL Batman, and solo movies. Make it happen WB.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second Punisher movie was better anyway. Jane's Punisher was okay, but the other one was crazy.

And I couldve told you a Blade reboot was coming. I thought with all the hype around Twilight they were gonna drop it. Vampires became cool again then.
    Sionthemadlionsfan
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The punisher short film is RAW AS HELL...didnt think he had this type of a performance in him. He would do great in a JL Batman.

Lou_Cypher
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Punisher Warzone was hot garbage....the only thing it had onThomas Janes' punisher was that it had more violence....lol @ loony bin jim...foh
    Black_Samsoniron man1
  • clairvoyanceclairvoyance Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unno blade + disney = PG13
    no wesley no guillermo del torro..doesnt sound too promising...If they do remake it Blade better not have any sidekicks. Bring on the remake im all for it I just hope it delivers.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    The second Punisher movie was better anyway. Jane's Punisher was okay, but the other one was crazy.

And I couldve told you a Blade reboot was coming. I thought with all the hype around Twilight they were gonna drop it. Vampires became cool again then.

TF? That movie was trash
    themadlionsfaniron man1
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck was you niggas expecting, The Godfather? it was a B-movie.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but them niggas scared to make BP cause they dont want tit to be preceived as a "black" movie..why it was pushed back to phase 3
    iron man1
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It blows my mind how they dont think a BP movie will work. I was so hyped for that shit to come out but got put on the burner. Should make a petition.
  • Yo_Killa!Yo_Killa! i luv phat pussy! between her thighs.Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw dredd last night and I was thinking, "will marvel make a movie this dark and gritty since Disney bought them out?" I don't know if we'll see another blade or punisher if Disney has their hands on marvel. I think marvel should come up with a marvel knights production studio for grittier edgier movies . luke cage should be an urban crime action r rated movie and if they can't get Wesley back they should use an unknown with a martial arts backround or Michael jai white for the blade reboot.
    iron man1Already Home_17
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOVIE execs dont have the balls to make a correct punishes movie no homo
    Lord_Hades_08
    I just saw dredd last night and I was thinking, "will marvel make a movie this dark and gritty since Disney bought them out?" I don't know if we'll see another blade or punisher if Disney has their hands on marvel. I think marvel should come up with a marvel knights production studio for grittier edgier movies . luke cage should be an urban crime action r rated movie and if they can't get Wesley back they should use an unknown with a martial arts backround or Michael jai white for the blade reboot.

A unkown is the answer who can act to some degree, ive been saying that for longest. No jai white im totally against that idea or any known black actor with no martial arts background.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is a martial arts background a must? Why wouldnt the ability to you know ACT be the most important for the lead ACTOR? Send that nigga through a 6 month training regiment before shooting starts and its all good.
    iron man1
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still pissed at marvel for putting that galaxy shit and dumping bp on some o we don't know how he'd be perceived in mainstream cinema its going to be hard to bring him in to the marvel universe GTFOWTBS!! The batman of marvel with superpowers an knowledge of mystic arts as well as..........HE RUNS A GOTDAMN COUNTRY WTF!!! *Nfl countdown voice* COmE ON MAN!
    Lou_Cypher
    rage wrote: »
    Since when is a martial arts background a must? Why wouldnt the ability to you know ACT be the most important for the lead ACTOR? Send that nigga through a 6 month training regiment before shooting starts and its all good.

Since Wesley became BLADE thats when! That brother raised the bar to the point where he made it a requirement (imo) to have martial arts background for any actor to portray blade in the future. Example look at keanu reeves in matrix, he had the training but still came across stiff imo that and Blade has little to no personality(at least in the movies cant speak for comics) reason why I dont see being a top notch actor being that important. Blades is no bruce wayne his personality is pretty much one dimensional unless they decide to switch his persona up, I mean its hard to find another Wesley who can excel at both I would prefer martial arts background cause it made Blade all that more entertaning to watch. It would be hard for 4 fans who saw the original to digest a new blade with mediocre fighting experience after what wesley did on screen with his background. But I could be wrong cause matt damon kicked ass in the bourne series.

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 45,302 Regulator
    rage wrote: »

so you want blade to be like Jason Bourne and Richard B Riddick... where the camera does all the work for you?

no... yeah... sounds fun...