Goyer is sure Disney will remake Blade, while Jane doesn’t think it wants another Punisher Read more

blade gallery 4

Blade is still one of my favorite comic book/superhero movies to date. It’s the one movie that helped spawn the whole Marvel movie craze like the X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, and more. It even had slo-mo and superhuman jumping before The Matrix made it popular.

In an interview with Crave Online, writer David Goyer (Blade, The Dark Knight) thinks that Blade will be remade since Disney now has the rights to the property.

“I do. Now that Marvel/Disney have recaptured the rights, I’m sure it will be [remade]. They made too much money on that character to not reboot him at some point.”

Goyer is confident that even though the Blade franchise doesn’t seem appropriate for Disney, the vampire slayer’s popularity will sway them.

“But I mean, look, between merchandise and what not, that little character generated almost a billion dollars.”

Tell that to Thomas Jane about Marvel doing another violent comic book movie. He told us that he thinks Marvel wouldn’t go forward with another Punisher movie due to its violent nature.

“I don’t think that Marvel is really in the business of doing R-rated stuff. They seem to not have good luck with the Punisher series. I would love to do another Punisher film. I did the short film just for the fans because I never saw an adaptation to the screen of the character, Frank Castle, that I liked or thought was faithful to the original character. If I did have the opportunity to make a Punisher film, that’s the theme I would want to have. I think that someday that film will get made.”

Perhaps Blade is more popular than the Punisher. The daywalker did have a trilogy that all starred Wesley Snipes. Each of the Punisher movies starred different actors including Dolph Lundgren, Thomas Jane, and Ray Stevenson.

As for whether Snipes will return as Blade, Goyer doesn’t seem to think so.

“I don’t think so. I think there’s too much water under the bridge there.”

And lastly, here’s his answer on whether Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be appearing in the Justice League movie.

“I can absolutely not answer that question.”
Read more at http://nerdreactor.com/2013/01/07/goyer-is-sure-disney-will-remake-blade/#DsS6YMtO3yja6A4B.99

Replies