What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Best Chapelle Show Sketch Ever?

detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure if it's the best show, or the funniest show, or the smartest show, or even the bravest show, but I do know that Chappelle's Show is hands down, without a close second, the most important show of my life. Since its debut on January 22, 2003, it became one of the few television shows that I watched every week, in real time, the night it aired. There are two reasons for this: (1) It was revolutionary, and (2) it was unacceptable to show up to high school the next day without knowing all the material from the previous night's episode. Social suicide, the kids still call it. And since the show went off the air in 2006, my weekly intake has only slightly decreased.

This article is long as hell but to summarize, the good people at Grantland put together the 64 best Chapelle Show sketches and eliminated them NCAA tourney bracket like to determine the best sketch. Its well worth the read.

Do you agree with the number one choice and what are your favorite sketches.

Here's the link
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8847357/a-battle-best-chappelle-show-sketch-ever
freewatether.jpg

freeway.jpg
Already Home_17KINGECValentinez A. Kaiseriron man1CJwill grimeyBigBallsNoWorriesalmighty breezesouth4life

Replies

• TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Damn this shit tough

Playa haters ball and Clayton Bigsby

genocidecutteriron man1WhoisDonG???south4life
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope premise by Rembert Browne....it really is tough...so many classic sketches...

i know but my favorite is the niggar family sketch. i still laugh like its the first time i ever saw it to this day
    freewatether.jpg

freeway.jpg
    StoneColdMikeyiron man1almighty breeze
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 35,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tough one between Rick James nd Wayne Brady to me those are my 2 favorite
    http://teamdar.bandcamp.com/

^^^^^^^ U WANT AN ALBUM WITH MULTIPLE TOPICS THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THEN YOUR EVERYDAY MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO. YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH A UNIQUE DELIVERY WHO HAS SUBSTANCE AS WELL. THE LINK ABOVE COOLIN IN AXELWORLD IS FOR U, START ON TRACK 1 AND JUST LET IT RIDE ALL OPINIONS AND FEEDBACK WELCOMED

iron man1king hassan
  • KameKame Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a great read... did it on my way home today

It would go down to Wayne Brady and Rick James to me... so many classic sketches though

Cosign the article that any Rashida Jones cameo gets a pass into the next round
    r1jvo9.jpg

TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    peagle05
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 32,940 Regulator
    Pixies. lost episodes had some gems... and the first sketch when he got all the money. shit was hilarious. everybody was extortin him.
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 49,761 Regulator
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    dat law nd order one is ranked WAYYYYY too low " I Plead da FIF" lmao

Read the rules to understand the rankings.
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prince story
    The rick james story
    epic moments in pickup history
    The playa haters
    I know black people
    Clayton bixby
    keeping it real goes wrong

I could go on
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    iron man1
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Rick James and Wayne Brady joints were just on another level and no other show could do that. Both of them were pretty much whole episodes . The jokes, the cameos, everything were just so well done .
    iron man1BlackAX410will grimeypeagle05
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuuuuuuck so hard to choose. My faves are probably the wayne brady one, and the Prince sketch.

Want some grapes?................. Bitches?
    iron man1
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    This shit tough tho lol.

But I'd say between Rick James, Wayne Brady, Keeping it real, Mad real world, Clayton Bigsby and the Prince Sketch with me.
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All his choices were justified, but I would've went with Wayne Brady in the title matchup.
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 15,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Clayton Bigsby
    Mad Real World
    Black Bush
    Law & Order
    Trading Spouses
    Reparations 2003

those are my favs off top. all classics. with classic lines n characters.
  • dc's teflondondc's teflondon Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rick james, prince, clayton bixby, world series of dice, cribs, kheehigh park, and tyronne biggums; but the rick james is the goat..episode spawned so many phrases and since it was base on true stories just makes it even funnier because you can picture that era and them niggas actually doing and saying that shit
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the reparations junt is my favorite. so many classic skits
    The dice game with ashy larry
    2pac junt
    The Niggar Family
    Wu Tang Financial
    Dancing ppl