What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

VAN JONES: OBAMA INAUGURATION SPEECH WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN GEORGE WASHINGTON'S

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
¡No contaban con mi astucia!
5 Grand wrote: »
I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Replies

• Ip manIp man Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you read the comments under it? they salty as hell
    Young_Chitlin
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• UnderMiSensiUnderMiSensi Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    LMAO at these comments

Yea, the First American president starting a new country compared to a third rate, wannabe dictator who wants to fundamentally transform America from the country of freedom to one of government tyranny.

yea, they are the same in terms of importance of the country....eh, not so much there Barack.

Van Jones would be considered a traitor a few years ago.
    My this Obama crowd is so full of themselves. He's Lincoln, he's Washington, he's FDR, Reagon. Hell, he's a Chicago corrupt politician no matter how grand they all think they are. Pride goeth before a fall.
    Washinton was offered the job of "king"! He turned it down - something our Obama could not/would not bring himself to turn down. Washington also had grace, class, dignity and set the tone for the dignified office of President, something Obama has been able to destroy in 4 short years, and heaven help us as to what the office of President will be like after another 4 years. Obama (and Michelle) have neither class, dignity nor the ability to portray what is really required for such a high office, they still exhibit the "community organizer" brash behavior.

5dbefcf4661116bd96a5b0bcfd5401b4.gif

^ That is my reaction to these salty Caucasian's getting mad at Obama's election, inauguration and praise.
    292733.jpg
    Chess_Moors.jpeg

moorishpower.jpg

moorshead1.jpg
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows what Washington said at his inauguration though?
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,575 Regulator
    look, however salty this has made people, Van Jones is wrong... and honestly, it's just a stupid thing to say, because rather than discussing Obama's inauguration speech, debate now becomes about this comparison

summation: i guess Van Jones felt he needed extra attention this week
    Plutarch