IC Married Folks: Share YOUR best marriage advice.

Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat BootyologistPosts: 42,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
What kinda advice would you give to us unwed IC folks?

Replies

• Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont take to anyone's advice. but take heed.
    MARIO_DRO
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 48,204 Regulator
    when someone asks if this is the person you are sure you want to be with for the rest of your life, what they are really saying is, are you sure this the only person you willing to fuck for the rest of your life.
    caddo manPicoptnutz
  • MzKBMzKB Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Understand that marriage is not an "Annuity" or a "Savings Bond." It's a daily deposit and withdraw system of compassion and compatibility
    BodhiCharlie_Kaisouth4life
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Prenup like a motherfucka, and even then, you're still going to get raped in the divorce.

* Not married common sense post *
    bull6599galaxy_1221HyenaKillachiyosuke
  • sapo614sapo614 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep everybody out of your business unless he's beating your ass

Know that your spouse is human & they fuck up. Charge it to their mind & not their heart

Marry your best friend because there's gonna be a lot of time you're gonna have to spend together not fucking. If you can't chill with ur spouse for long pds of time don't marry them.

Make sure you're equally yoked spiritually

Treat your in laws with a long handled spoon. Be familiar, but not friends

We must've been typing at the same time and been in the married game for a while cause we think alike.
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,058 Regulator
    If your going to cheat, be smart about it
    [Deleted User]BodhiHyenaKillachiyosuke
  • Max.Max. How bout i break ya arm n roundhouse kick ur head off? Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    If your going to cheat, be smart about it

You would have to go to another state to get married nh...
    JG's Legal AdviserTrollio HyenaKilla
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,385
    edited January 2013
    I agree with Skyler though I am not married.

Be with someone you can just be with, in simplicity. You should be able to be content, comfortable and enjoy just being in their presence, even in silence without doing much. It is important.
    2stepz_aheadtaeboo
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    have patience
    understand that your not always right
    be quick to apologize and mean it
    understand your role
    know you limits
    respect your partner
    make sure you are able to smile/laugh more than anything else
    BodhiPico
  • shit happensshit happens Do She Got Dat ASS? Bond No.9 u can smell it on my shirt i bet she leave wit me boy i know u hurtPosts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prepare for mental physical and spiritual warfare and paradise rolled in one basically heaven and hell in the same shell
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,058 Regulator
    I mean, real shit. Niggas cheating out here and get caught in some stupid ways cause they got sloppy. Ain't that hard to get a separate cell you keep at your bros house or homies house. Ain't that hard to work around your woman's schedule.
    2stepz_aheadbull6599galaxy_1221HyenaKilla
    VIBE wrote: »
    Don't get married, it's overrated and changes nothing.

I think wanting something to change is a rather poor, lousy and wrong reason to want to marry. In that case, don't bother.
    BodhiDWOgalaxy_1221
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aone415 wrote: »
    Understand that it's not a movie, fairy tale.

I treat my marriage like a job. I work at it everyday. People act like the wedding is the culmination of a marriage, when , in fact, it's the beginning of the hard stuff.

I've learned that patience and understanding is key to making it work. No one is always right and you cannot dismiss someone's feelings. 15 years in a marriage will teach you how to be humble and how to swallow pride.

man alot chicks think thats what marriage is...they want a fairytale life without the work.

this is the second best post so far....i seen shit fail on some...i wont lose or back down shit.

Recaptimus_Prime360
    AP12 wrote: »
    LET SHIT GO...if you say you forgive, then forgive...DONT HOLD ON TO THE PROBLEM like its the Big Joker at the end of the spades game then BAM "remember when....."

Like sky said, your spouse is human and being around someone all the time, no matter how much you care/love for them, you are just bound to have disagreements...

Separate alone time. Doing things together is GOAT, but sometimes, just do something by yourself or respect that they might want to do something without you...goes back to my previous point...with two people around each other all the time, you will eventually need a break from one another...that doesnt mean that they are trying to do wrong/dirty...just respect they may need some space to chill

Dont marry nobody who spend their check before its in the account...

Dro touched on another good point...if he/she is nasty dirty now...dont expect them to magically flip a switch and become a clean freak. My apt stayed looking nice to say I lived alone...always nice smelling, bathroom cleaned, bed made etc... (no shots fired...lol)

Dont do things to them that you dont want done to you...e.g. if yo fiance or s/o aint out all hours of the night, you shouldnt be either...there are times you may do something with the girls/guys and thats ok, but still be mindful and respectful of the person you have at home. If yo boys/girls clown you...eff them...thats why they are still single...im not saying you gotta be at home at 8:30 but just be mindful of letting that person know what the deal is...speaking of

Be courteous...Just b/c you call your woman/man and tell them where you are doesnt make you weak. Its a sign of respect. I live in a small city and you are bound to run into somebody that knows somebody that knows your spouse/S/O...so just CYA and send a text or something to say "babe, went to xyz..." Also, if you have nothing to hide, then it shouldnt be a problem. What if something were to happen to you and you went somewhere while your S/O thought you were somewhere else...it aint checking in, its just the courteous thing to do. e.g. Fellas, you watching a game at the homies house and the game goes into OT, if it seems like you wanna just hang out a while, whats wrong with saying "babe, I'm just hang out over here for about another hour or so...call you when im on the way home"...

enough from me...

people dont understand this...

most dudes are insecure an think when they lady goes out or goes away they be cheating because of what do or see when they roll with they homies...when its really just about a vacation or break from reality.
    sometimes you need that time away to come back an reunite and appreciate what you have.
    AP12GettinLoDWO
    edited January 2013
    AP12 wrote: »

Separate alone time. Doing things together is GOAT, but sometimes, just do something by yourself or respect that they might want to do something without you...goes back to my previous point...with two people around each other all the time, you will eventually need a break from one another...that doesnt mean that they are trying to do wrong/dirty...just respect they may need some space to chill.

Aloneness is super important IMO.

I personally cherish my aloneness and it is necessary even in togetherness. The problem is many, especially women, take it personally when the man wants a little bit of "space." Even when living together under the same roof, let alone when married, that time is necessary for any of us, a moment with self where we can just be.

This alone time doesn't have anything to do with ones s/o, it doesn't represent any gap between the couple. I can still be close to you even when we are apart, my need for time spent alone has nothing to do with him. And just the same I wouldn't take it to heart as I know not everything is about me. If one doesn't ever have that space, they can easily lose a piece of themselves. Understanding is everything and love is to give, that includes time for self.
    AP12taebooGo figurePico
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Most Important thing is erything is 50/50 if either of you feels you have to be the dominant force then it won't work. Of course there are exceptions.
    south4life
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let her win. /thread

This shit right here only on small shit that's not worth the hassle.

• VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Don't get married, it's overrated and changes nothing.

I think wanting something to change is a rather poor, lousy and wrong reason to want to marry. In that case, don't bother.

Not saying I wanted change, what I mean is it doesn't change how you feel towards your s/o. It doesn't make you love them more or less. Marriage is nothing but a ring and paper.
    AP12blacktux