What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

"hey how you been?" UNAPRECIATION

fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
Am i the only person who hates when someone who you haven't heard from in months/years hit you with that fake ass "how you been" or " what u been up to" line. Nigga i ain't have any contact with yo ass since 2009 and now all of a sudden u wanna know how I'm doing. FOH. Especially when they post that shit on my fb wall, like ima really tell u years worth of details on my fb profile. I don't even respond to them shits, cuz i know they prolly just killing time. Idk that just irks me. If we can go years and months without talking, i have no reason to fill u in on my life..
gnsKatPurrStoneColdMikeyBussy_Getta Recaptimus_Prime360stupot0607BK Productdwade206GettinLoEntangled_SemanticzJusDre313purpngoldRubato GarciaHyenaKillaMzKB

Replies

• Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the same thing with people I see on a regular basis.
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit shouldn't bother you this much. Just don't respond or keep your response brief. It's likely used as an ice breaker, a lazy and predictable one but it is what it is.
    NIKE...gnsVulcanRavenRubato Garcia
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Just say straight and keep it moving if it's that big of a deal.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    Matt-StoneColdMikeyMzKB
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a normal convo starter.

How else are you supposed to start?
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn and i thought i was anti social but OP on some other shit...............the thing that gets me made is someone that asks you that shit and knows exactly what you been up to but wanna play dumb like they dont
    imghttp://i.imgur.com/IgFpoNj.gif/img]
    35bxpug.jpg
    NSFW click at ur our risk
    tumblr_mwn3wmM2WV1r55j58o1_400.gif
    Moreno_zps07620187.gif
    scs5kp.gif
    YsX8od.gif
    tumblr_myf80iHsEx1rhttapo1_500.gif
    tumblr_myw1yqVEbH1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_mwnfteNODS1srd8hzo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n8y0kcbtzf1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_n9y5q6b4381rtclweo1_500.gif
    tumblr_ncp4dx4ok41rk74v1o1_500.jpg
    Jaime47.gif
    292181t.gif
    JK_Animated_GIF_12.gif
    61zkZ3D.gif
    diapo514fb0a4701ac6e6d6b89eb88042fb5d.gif?34
    tumblr_n911s9Z1fh1qbl0vwo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mkdlii1IE11rvllfwo1_500.gif
    tumblr_nbb1f6HGEu1ruz6zso1_250.gif
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real shit if you killed yourself you wouldnt have to worry about this shit..

you should take at trip he wont ask you shit

wilson_volleyball.jpg
    mike06GettinLo
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, its better if good things been happening butI been mindin my own business not broadcasting what i been doing Maybe people want to keep that to themselves. It depends on the context but I wouldnt feel right askin nobody "what you been up to" generally.That's their business and i understand they may wanna keep their business to themself.
  • Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Plap Star wrote: »
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    damn and i thought i was anti social but OP on some other shit...............the thing that gets me made is someone that asks you that shit and knows exactly what you been up to but wanna play dumb like they dont

you mean like when i was gettin out of jail after six months and people would ask me what i been up to knowin damn well i just got out

"bitch i been in jail"

then they ask you why you mad and shit

exactly and all they have to do is be like " i heard u were blah blah blah ect. u alright" but instead they play dumb and act like they dont know whats going on..
    imghttp://i.imgur.com/IgFpoNj.gif/img]
    35bxpug.jpg
    NSFW click at ur our risk
    tumblr_mwn3wmM2WV1r55j58o1_400.gif
    Moreno_zps07620187.gif
    scs5kp.gif
    YsX8od.gif
    tumblr_myf80iHsEx1rhttapo1_500.gif
    tumblr_myw1yqVEbH1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_mwnfteNODS1srd8hzo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n8y0kcbtzf1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_n9y5q6b4381rtclweo1_500.gif
    tumblr_ncp4dx4ok41rk74v1o1_500.jpg
    Jaime47.gif
    292181t.gif
    JK_Animated_GIF_12.gif
    61zkZ3D.gif
    diapo514fb0a4701ac6e6d6b89eb88042fb5d.gif?34
    tumblr_n911s9Z1fh1qbl0vwo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mkdlii1IE11rvllfwo1_500.gif
    tumblr_nbb1f6HGEu1ruz6zso1_250.gif
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just say "good." Miiiight ask how theyve been depending on if they are cool or not. Or a woman. Most the time i just connect eyes with people, give them the nod and keep it moving.
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only hate when exes do it...Or really anybody who I feel has an alterior motive from the jump...Other than that, whatever...Cause folk usually ask me how I'm doin before I ask them...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    Rubato Garcia
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

you mean like when i was gettin out of jail after six months and people would ask me what i been up to knowin damn well i just got out

"bitch i been in jail"

then they ask you why you mad and shit

exactly and all they have to do is be like " i heard u were blah blah blah ect. u alright" but instead they play dumb and act like they dont know whats going on..

mothafuckas just be nosy, or tryin to rub it in
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 35,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate it when people i used to kick it wit in high school come up to me on that shit

like mothafucka i aint talked to you in almost ten years, we is not friends anymore

or a bitch you used to fuck with when she was bad come up to you on that shit, and she fat now, get yo fat ass out my face

lol bruh co-sign
    http://teamdar.bandcamp.com/

^^^^^^^ U WANT AN ALBUM WITH MULTIPLE TOPICS THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THEN YOUR EVERYDAY MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO. YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH A UNIQUE DELIVERY WHO HAS SUBSTANCE AS WELL. THE LINK ABOVE COOLIN IN AXELWORLD IS FOR U, START ON TRACK 1 AND JUST LET IT RIDE ALL OPINIONS AND FEEDBACK WELCOMED

• fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .IRS. wrote: »
    Most of the time it's because people really want to tell you about their life.

pretty much, a old homegirl i haven't seen in years hit me with that line recently. Ignored her azz, because i know all she wanna brag about is her pregnancy. Like i remotely give a shit.
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do that shit all the time... i wanna see if niggaz gonna lie...

shit be funny as fuck....

i hear some hilarious ass love triangle drama where niggaz be getting like 2 other chicks pregnant other than their main girl, and be on some..

"so how kiesha doing??... yall still fucks with eachother?"

"uhhh..uhhh...we cool, just don't stay together no more"

"oh word?? damn i thought yall woulda been the two that made it"

"man...u know how bitches is"

im thinking to my self.........(this nigga)

Lurker6kzzlHyenaKillaHarlemThumzUpYoung Stef
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tell people I been selling dope
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    Dr. StitchMzKBpurpngoldYoung Stef
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsPosts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .IRS. wrote: »
    Most of the time it's because people really want to tell you about their life.

pretty much, a old homegirl i haven't seen in years hit me with that line recently. Ignored her azz, because i know all she wanna brag about is her pregnancy. Like i remotely give a shit.

That's when you keep your answer brief then leave them hanging on sharing their shit in verbal limbo.