Hit-Boy Signs to Interscope

AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardieZoo JerseyPosts: 26,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hit-Boy ✔ @Hit_Boy

Hits Since 87, inc + Interscope. Young Label owner. #Godisgreat
4:32 PM - 23 Jan 13

before anyone asks he is signed to Kanye West's "Very GOOD Beats" as a producer only

Replies

• chiyosukechiyosuke Nerd's Eye Vhue East Nashville, TNPosts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an artist, he's signed Gee Roberson's Blueprint Group/Geffen (Interscope) and cosign him being signed to GOOD under a production deal.
    His tweet is basically saying his label got a distribution deal thru Interscope.
    StoneColdMikey
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's affiliated with Surf Club (his crew)
    His personal company is HS87
    production deal with Very GOOD
    So his album would come out under Blueprint Group/Geffen/HS87/Interscope?

His album will likely come out under Blueprint Group (apparently a merger between Hip Hop Since 1978 & Bryant Management) & Geffen. Interscope's logo is almost definitely be omitted from packaging (IGA - Interscope Geffen A&M). His label's logo will likely be displayed on his album but it'll most likely be for show, the same way most artists plaster their label's logo on their albums (ex: Rick Ross & Eminem)
  • KameKame Posts: 23,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a rapper<<<<<<<<<<<
    Ear2ThaStD.D.S.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kame wrote: »
    as a rapper<<<<<<<<<<<

I really don't think his beats are THAT GREAT either. I mean if you just listened to the niggas in paris instrumental it's not that hot, Jay and Kanye made that shit hot
    IceBergTayloridoitforhiphop10
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave his mixtape a listen, dude has no presence as a mc at all. Dope producer though
    idoitforhiphop10
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like hit-boy but I think he's overrated as a rapper and producer. Not that he's not nice, I just think the Kanye comparisons are fuckin ridiculous...

who the fuck compared dude to kanye?
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Free Da Guys ZionPosts: 28,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude is wack all around....
  • Ear2ThaStEar2ThaSt Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like hit-boy but I think he's overrated as a rapper and producer. Not that he's not nice, I just think the Kanye comparisons are fuckin ridiculous...

who the fuck compared dude to kanye?

People. because of his producer turned rapper status.
  • andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think he was overrated production wise, but he's pretty solid..I've never heard the Ye comparisons but I believe they're out there
  • okaayokaay Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    Another instance where a producer wastes good beats on himself. Some people just aint stars.
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this suppose to be a good thing?
  • RichPorterOfTheICRichPorterOfTheIC Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck all the na sayers, I look foward to new music from him. His beats are dope and he's not all that wack on the mic. Niggas use to tell kanye to stick to beats as well and he sitting on 2-3 classics now!
    eternal soldier
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Fuck all the na sayers, I look foward to new music from him. His beats are dope and he's not all that wack on the mic. Niggas use to tell kanye to stick to beats as well and he sitting on 2-3 classics now!

I feel you but when niggas heard Kanye you felt there was soething special about the kid, with Hit Boy he so average and nothing stands out.

AggyAFEar2ThaStidoitforhiphop10
  • RichPorterOfTheICRichPorterOfTheIC Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    okaay wrote: »

I feel you but when niggas heard Kanye you felt there was soething special about the kid, with Hit Boy he so average and nothing stands out.

Uhhh no, niggas use I make fun of him for rockin' them tight and bright lacoste/ polo with a back back. I remember niggas saying they wasn't gonna listen to his shit because he dress like a fag and through the wire was out for a while before it caught media attention and started being played on the radio frequently.
  • UrbanScribeUrbanScribe Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

hiphopsince87 is a hiphop website in Philly... You mean HipHopSince1978

• AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

hiphopsince87 is a hiphop website in Philly... You mean HipHopSince1978

no, i mean his company Hits Since 87
    okaay wrote: »

Uhhh no, niggas use I make fun of him for rockin' them tight and bright lacoste/ polo with a back back. I remember niggas saying they wasn't gonna listen to his shit because he dress like a fag and through the wire was out for a while before it caught media attention and started being played on the radio frequently.

Im just talking about his sound and his angle was different. He was really the first regular nigga rap that blew up. Hit Boy just making records but aint got no story. Nothing drawing you in. Think about all the producer rappers 99% dont have any personality if they do they dont have the skill.
  • D.D.S.D.D.S. Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hit-boy is nice. idk wtf yall are talking about.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What J Cole lacks as a producer, Hit-Boy has. What Hit-Boy lack as a mc, J Cole has. I wish i could merge these niggas.

Lmfao..
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that Niggas in Paris beat was corny as fuck imo..
    Elzo69Renaissance
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He alright. I feel like I can't hear a whole album of him tho from top to bottom. His production is solid though.