What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Hit-Boy Signs to Interscope

StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF QueerLGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hit-Boy ✔ @Hit_Boy

Hits Since 87, inc + Interscope. Young Label owner. #Godisgreat
4:32 PM - 23 Jan 13


before anyone asks he is signed to Kanye West's "Very GOOD Beats" as a producer only

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
full?d=1430459989


«1

Replies

  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an artist, he's signed Gee Roberson's Blueprint Group/Geffen (Interscope) and cosign him being signed to GOOD under a production deal.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His tweet is basically saying his label got a distribution deal thru Interscope.
    StoneColdMikey
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's affiliated with Surf Club (his crew)
    His personal company is HS87
    production deal with Very GOOD
    So his album would come out under Blueprint Group/Geffen/HS87/Interscope?

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's affiliated with Surf Club (his crew)
    His personal company is HS87
    production deal with Very GOOD
    So his album would come out under Blueprint Group/Geffen/HS87/Interscope?

    His album will likely come out under Blueprint Group (apparently a merger between Hip Hop Since 1978 & Bryant Management) & Geffen. Interscope's logo is almost definitely be omitted from packaging (IGA - Interscope Geffen A&M). His label's logo will likely be displayed on his album but it'll most likely be for show, the same way most artists plaster their label's logo on their albums (ex: Rick Ross & Eminem)
  • KameKame Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a rapper<<<<<<<<<<<
    r1jvo9.jpg

    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    DarthRozayD.D.S.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kame wrote: »
    as a rapper<<<<<<<<<<<

    I really don't think his beats are THAT GREAT either. I mean if you just listened to the niggas in paris instrumental it's not that hot, Jay and Kanye made that shit hot
    jameshardenmixesitupovernets.gif?w=650
    harden_rubio_0_1428406554.gif
    IceBergTayloridoitforhiphop10
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave his mixtape a listen, dude has no presence as a mc at all. Dope producer though
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    idoitforhiphop10
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like hit-boy but I think he's overrated as a rapper and producer. Not that he's not nice, I just think the Kanye comparisons are fuckin ridiculous...

    who the fuck compared dude to kanye?
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 49,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude is wack all around....
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like hit-boy but I think he's overrated as a rapper and producer. Not that he's not nice, I just think the Kanye comparisons are fuckin ridiculous...

    who the fuck compared dude to kanye?

    People. because of his producer turned rapper status.
  • andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think he was overrated production wise, but he's pretty solid..I've never heard the Ye comparisons but I believe they're out there
  • okaayokaay Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another instance where a producer wastes good beats on himself. Some people just aint stars.
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Retired Undefeated Boxing Champ Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bathPosts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this suppose to be a good thing?
  • RichPorterOfTheICRichPorterOfTheIC Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck all the na sayers, I look foward to new music from him. His beats are dope and he's not all that wack on the mic. Niggas use to tell kanye to stick to beats as well and he sitting on 2-3 classics now!
    49801.gif
    eternal soldier
  • okaayokaay Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Fuck all the na sayers, I look foward to new music from him. His beats are dope and he's not all that wack on the mic. Niggas use to tell kanye to stick to beats as well and he sitting on 2-3 classics now!

    I feel you but when niggas heard Kanye you felt there was soething special about the kid, with Hit Boy he so average and nothing stands out.

    StillFaggyAFDarthRozayidoitforhiphop10
  • RichPorterOfTheICRichPorterOfTheIC Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    okaay wrote: »
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Fuck all the na sayers, I look foward to new music from him. His beats are dope and he's not all that wack on the mic. Niggas use to tell kanye to stick to beats as well and he sitting on 2-3 classics now!

    I feel you but when niggas heard Kanye you felt there was soething special about the kid, with Hit Boy he so average and nothing stands out.

    Uhhh no, niggas use I make fun of him for rockin' them tight and bright lacoste/ polo with a back back. I remember niggas saying they wasn't gonna listen to his shit because he dress like a fag and through the wire was out for a while before it caught media attention and started being played on the radio frequently.
    49801.gif
  • UrbanScribeUrbanScribe Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    So he's affiliated with Surf Club (his crew)
    His personal company is HS87
    production deal with Very GOOD
    So his album would come out under Blueprint Group/Geffen/HS87/Interscope?

    hiphopsince87 is a hiphop website in Philly... You mean HipHopSince1978

    COMING MAY 1ST 2013!!!!
    52mgxk.jpg
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's affiliated with Surf Club (his crew)
    His personal company is HS87
    production deal with Very GOOD
    So his album would come out under Blueprint Group/Geffen/HS87/Interscope?

    hiphopsince87 is a hiphop website in Philly... You mean HipHopSince1978

    no, i mean his company Hits Since 87

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


  • okaayokaay Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dixinormus wrote: »
    okaay wrote: »
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Fuck all the na sayers, I look foward to new music from him. His beats are dope and he's not all that wack on the mic. Niggas use to tell kanye to stick to beats as well and he sitting on 2-3 classics now!

    I feel you but when niggas heard Kanye you felt there was soething special about the kid, with Hit Boy he so average and nothing stands out.

    Uhhh no, niggas use I make fun of him for rockin' them tight and bright lacoste/ polo with a back back. I remember niggas saying they wasn't gonna listen to his shit because he dress like a fag and through the wire was out for a while before it caught media attention and started being played on the radio frequently.

    Im just talking about his sound and his angle was different. He was really the first regular nigga rap that blew up. Hit Boy just making records but aint got no story. Nothing drawing you in. Think about all the producer rappers 99% dont have any personality if they do they dont have the skill.
  • D.D.S.D.D.S. Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hit-boy is nice. idk wtf yall are talking about.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What J Cole lacks as a producer, Hit-Boy has. What Hit-Boy lack as a mc, J Cole has. I wish i could merge these niggas.

    Lmfao..
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=­̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬

    tumblr_mzk7q0WwVA1s8ohmto1_500.gif
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that Niggas in Paris beat was corny as fuck imo..
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=­̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬

    tumblr_mzk7q0WwVA1s8ohmto1_500.gif
    Elzo69Renaissance
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He alright. I feel like I can't hear a whole album of him tho from top to bottom. His production is solid though.
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.