One of My favorite JDilla beat ever

Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance the three of us know yet the shooter remains namelessDornePosts: 28,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

the way he flipped the Smokey Robinson track

1of1Rock_Wellachewon87dwade206idoitforhiphop10cobblandunspoken_respecthueyHarlemThumzUprip.dillaDr.ChemixLou_Cypher(Nope)bigev240

Replies

• 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mines.

Thats all ill post for now, i could go on all day. Sorry if i posted something yall did, cant see your vids here at work.
    unspoken_respect
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance the three of us know yet the shooter remains nameless DornePosts: 28,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw u good u copped the Donuts re release?
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah i bought the original one in 04, got it stolen tho. Broke my fucking heart, with all my other cd's lol.
    Jay Dee makes beats that put me in a zone. I tend to listen to his instrumentals more than the actual songs with rappers on them.

Blue and Miguel killed this one though....
    Elzo69RenaissanceDr.Chemix
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance the three of us know yet the shooter remains nameless DornePosts: 28,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually hate hearing niggas on JD beats except Common
    my favorite Dilla instrumental ever this shit takes me somewhere else. Yet it s so simple...
    1of1unspoken_respectachewon87
  • Rock_WellRock_Well Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Bruh. i done got so pleasantly lost listening to this joint right here. lol.

so good made a tear fall from my eyes, which dropped to the ground and turned to a diamond.

and it's kinda messed up the way the beat just goes off, leaving u feeling all alone...thus, u forced to press replay.
    Lab Baby
    Yea im thinking bout going to Dilla day this yr trying to find someone to go with idk anybody in Detroit lol
    my favorite Dilla instrumental ever this shit takes me somewhere else. Yet it s so simple...

I've had times where I repeated "It's Your World" probably 8-10 times.
    unspoken_respect

The Isley Brothers flip had me like wow.......this nigga is on some other shit
    edited January 2013
    thesiah91 wrote: »

It's crazy, Dilla's beats are addictive as hell. I have honestly listened to some of the shit I posted for hours straight on repeat. I had to stop myself from posting too much just now lol

NEVER heard this....smh..every time i think i heard like every Dilla beat, here come another one outta nowhere and catch me off guard.

Hard trying to stay calm waiting on Dilla Day to come around in Houston next month.
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOAT beat. I've been bumping that beat for about 6 years nows.
    dwade206 wrote: »

@dwade206 i heard this beat like 8 yrs ago i think totally forgot about til last week ....the shit just popped in my head but i forgot what it was i spent five days going thru Dilla productions to find this beat....then i tracked down the sample ( i own a lot of Smokey Robinson shit)
    This joint from Raekwon is dope to me. His style fits it perfectly. The beat from this plays right before Thelonius...

Busta Rhymes is dope on Dilla beats I must say. Their styles mesh in a great way. Dillagence has some fire on it...

This joint from Raekwon is dope to me. His style fits it perfectly. The beat from this plays right before Thelonius...

Busta Rhymes is dope on Dilla beats I must say. Their styles mesh in a great way. Dillagence has some fire on it...

Busta got sued for this mixtape..Busta made a pact w Jay Dee that he d use at least one JD beat on any official album he releases...but he fell after getting sued for Dillagence and it was only a mixtape smh
    1of1
    edited January 2013

lol 8-10 times

i admit i be playing some of his tracks over and over for a full 24 hours +
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny, 'cause as I type this, one of my favorites started playing.

Which means that this is next:

bdbdbd
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭

Waves, fucking banging!!
    Elzo69Renaissanceunspoken_respectRock_Well

Black Thought (one of my favorite MC's) has murdered a couple Jay Dee beats

Jay Electronica has done well with some Dilla beats. This is one of my favorite Dilla beats...

^^^One of the reasons I'm STILL waiting on Jay Elecyarmulke to drop.
    Rock_WellLou_Cypherunspoken_respectElzo69Renaissance

@dwade206 i heard this beat like 8 yrs ago i think totally forgot about til last week ....the shit just popped in my head but i forgot what it was i spent five days going thru Dilla productions to find this beat....then i tracked down the sample ( i own a lot of Smokey Robinson shit)

When I used to make beats, I tried to sample the same record in a similar fashion, but when I sped it up Smokey's voice had the chipmunk effect. Then I realized Dilla cut the samples so small, that he was able to loop them quick enough to make the song sound faster but at the same tempo.
    Also, "Don't Cry" off of Donuts is just a masterpiece. Not only did this dude speed it up, he brought it back to the original speed and then sped it up again. He chopped up the sample so skillfully that I thought it was a loop with no words.

DILLA DAWG!!!
    Lou_Cypherrip.dillaElzo69Renaissancebdbdbd

When I used to make beats, I tried to sample the same record in a similar fashion, but when I sped it up Smokey's voice had the chipmunk effect. Then I realized Dilla cut the samples so small, that he was able to loop them quick enough to make the song sound faster but at the same tempo.
    Also, "Don't Cry" off of Donuts is just a masterpiece. Not only did this dude speed it up, he brought it back to the original speed and then sped it up again. He chopped up the sample so skillfully that I thought it was a loop with no words.

DILLA DAWG!!!

Yea many producers tried to sample that record and couldnt do it right...yea he did dont cry on the MPC while in the hospital i believe.....the track in OP, Dont cry and Player are just ridiculous how he put them together...
    Player is also the inspiration behind Kanye Last Call and Late
    [url="http://

"Answering Machine" stays on repeat.
    Rock_WellElzo69Renaissance