Is Kendrick Lamar the new Lupe Fiasco?

5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th ElementPosts: 26,429 Regulator
Let me explain the question, a couple of years ago Lupe was the 'cool' (no pun) dope/lyrical artist that these cats that love ignorant rap gave a pass to. They would shit on every other lyrical rapper but then say "oh lupe is cool though". Has Kendrick Lamar taken that lane as the new dope/lyrical rapper that ignorant motherfuckers give a pass to?
ohhhlaits....JOHN BStoneColdMikeygenocidecutterrip.dillarooster_cogburnCottonCitySlimshtoopid
«1345

Replies

  • tb_tb_ Posts: 232
    always thought lupe was a skater/nerd
    32DaysOfInfinitiarbitration
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,429 Regulator
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I never heard people say that about Lupe at all. I don't think that comparison is accurate either.

    Where did I compare them?

  • chiyosukechiyosuke Nerd's Eye Vhue East Nashville, TNPosts: 3,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice_cold wrote: »
    Too soon .....

    This, let him bust out anoter album so we know what the consensus is next go around. Both are dope artists imo.
    rip.dilla
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    I know people that listen to KL and don't fuck with Lupe at all. He hasn't gotten a pass from what I've heard.

    I think KL is easier to listen for the average fan because his lyrics are dope but you aren't expecting anything else in it. On the other hand we listen to Lupe and we look between the lines because we expect something to be there.

    I think if Lupe "dumbed it down" his fan base would grow, but he would also lose fans for that same reason. Including me.
    IceBergTaylorrip.dilla
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,429 Regulator
    did y'all read the op? it wasn't a comparison between lupe and kendrick
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I never heard people say that about Lupe at all. I don't think that comparison is accurate either.

    Where did I compare them?

    No i was saying that i don't think they are in the same position, or even resemble each other in any kinda way to ask that/think that.
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Speak of the devil....
    yungflashy
    January 23 in The Reason

    "yall niggas be acting like every verse has to have some quadruple meaning, a nigga could spit a ill verse about fly shit yall niggas would say its iight cuz he didn't have 56 back to back syllables and entendres

    sometimes a nigga want to ride to some rick ross or two chainz niggas don't want to here lupe rap about refugees and famine while ridin round

    niggas gotta have encyclopedias and college text books while listening to dat shit "
    rip.dilla
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we read the op your thread is just wack. I don't recall too many fans of "ignorant" rap as you say that fucked with and gave him a pass. your thread is wack. wtf is ignorant rap to begin with
    buttuh_bStoneColdMikey*~queenbee~*infamous114rooster_cogburn
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lamontbdc

    He's prolly referring to like Backinwhite.
    CashmoneyDuxBodhirip.dilla
  • IbexIbex Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just a nigga that can flow..Since majority of his peers are mediocre or borderline wack he is pushed to the top because he is decent..but I don't see him as an upper echelon rapper
    IceBergTaylortexasdaking88
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,429 Regulator
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I never heard people say that about Lupe at all. I don't think that comparison is accurate either.

    Where did I compare them?

    No i was saying that i don't think they are in the same position, or even resemble each other in any kinda way to ask that/think that.

    once again when did i compare them? the point wasn't about "who is better" or "is he the next" or "is he as good" it has nothing to do with that.
  • PiffyHazePiffyHaze http://quminattiiworld.tumblr.com Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no kendrick lamar is kendrick lamar.

    he wont fill lupe fiasco void.
    Already Home_17unspoken_respect
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Posts: 25,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol@this mythical Lupe love... He's always been looked at as a clown by all sides of the equation...
    StoneColdMikey*~queenbee~*IceBergTaylorrip.dillarooster_cogburn
  • SheerExcellenceSheerExcellence Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick is down to earth, lupe has always been arrogant and preachy.
    IceBergTaylorrip.dillagemini86shtoopid
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    we read the op your thread is just wack. I don't recall too many fans of "ignorant" rap as you say that fucked with and gave him a pass. your thread is wack. wtf is ignorant rap to begin with

    If you think the thread is wack I can respect your opinion. fucking @ptowndonte thinks Kendrick Lamar is a good rapper and that nigga hates any rapper that has talent.

    What the hell you talking about rugby ball head?
    unspoken_respectrip.dilla
  • Supreme_Mind999Supreme_Mind999 Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell No

    Kendrick hasn't loss touch with the everyday average person..He's not arrogant and condscending like Lupe

    Kendrick can drop a verse like he did on "fuckin problems" and have the crowd chant along with his lyrics..then he can't turn around and hit you with sing about me/dying of thirst..He mixes his positive messages with ratchet "suck my dick" lyrics..and I must say he does this very well

    He's a hybrid of concious rapper and street vulgar crude rapper

    Lupe was spitting superfluous over your head nerd raps straight out the gates..coupled with the fact he's self righteous alienates most of his listeners..His material is "black revolutionary music for white people"(As my ex girlfriend put it )
    rip.dilla
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,429 Regulator
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Lol@this mythical Lupe love... He's always been looked at as a clown by all sides of the equation...

    when he first came out he was getting a lot of love. his arrogance was overlooked.
    [Deleted User]idoitforhiphop10
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one hate anybody with talent? Does that even make sense?
    achewon87rip.dilla
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.