How did Hip Hop DIE so fast?

KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
Man I swear Obama is behind this shit. Ever since he became president Hip Hop has been dead. Flatlined. Its like he didn't want hip hop making him look bad, so he just killed that shit off.

ASAP Rocky? LMFAO..... what a joke.

Even RnB these days is turning into House music.... Rihanna, Chris Brown, NeYo, Usher..... all got songs out with flat out House beats.

SWAMPGODAggyAFStoneColdMikeyachewon87purpngoldR.D.TheBossmaniKingGodGivBiz

Replies

• P. TownP. Town Posts: 25,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'CNN said I'd be dead by 21'
    DMTxTHC32DaysOfInfiniti
  • achewon87achewon87 Midnight Marauder SDF-1Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip-hop is alive and well. We live in a time were we have some many different sub-genres of hip-hop then anytime before. It allows us to have so many choices and diverse offerings that I disagree with your sentiment.
    SWAMPGODKINGOFDAARCADEStoneColdMikey
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic i love cakemix The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban or die
    AggyAFStoneColdMikeyDMIcarnalesflows515fuc_i_look_like
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AggyAFAggyAF duppy know who fi frighten Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You killed it.
  • PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    because it was never as creative as Rock.
    a hip hop act that also plays at least one instrument is rare.
    You have rock stars who play/played guitar and piano.
    long story short, not enough talent
    And_So_It_Burns
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Hip-hop is alive and well.

Hip Hop's heart beat right now is as real as Manti Teo's girlfriend.

None existant.

How old are you lil nigga? Niggas in their late 20's and older, laugh at the shit on the radio today.

even RnB is dead.

• lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Hip-hop is alive and well.

Hip Hop's heart beat right now is as real as Manti Teo's girlfriend.

None existant.

How old are you lil nigga? Niggas in their late 20's and older, laugh at the shit on the radio today.

even RnB is dead.

I'm 27 and bandz ah make ha danz

Kill yaself ASAP.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    FrankGore_DirtyBird_original.gif?1358722894

6 RAAAAAANGZ
    lamontbdc
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The_ManThe_Man Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you got a point, hiphop lost its creativity and sold out, theres very few artists out there with pure passion for the art form and most of them just want the women cars and money, and the ones with passion get no shine due to the big labels that control this shit, could you imagine how great it would be if a big label got behind a rapper like jon connor and let him have full control over his music and what he puts out? all the big name producers at his disposal, that would be great but we aint gonna see that these days, its the brainwashed fans to blame aswell, these faggots that buy minaj albums and idolis lil wayne.
    you got a point, hiphop lost its creativity and sold out, theres very few artists out there with pure passion for the art form and most of them just want the women cars and money, and the ones with passion get no shine due to the big labels that control this shit, could you imagine how great it would be if a big label got behind a rapper like jon connor and let him have full control over his music and what he puts out? all the big name producers at his disposal, that would be great but we aint gonna see that these days, its the brainwashed fans to blame aswell, these faggots that buy minaj albums and idolis lil wayne.

aint nobody trying to spend 10 million and only make 100000 back on a no name artist
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2013 if you're still listening to the radio for new music you Lost.
    DMTxTHCMrCrookedLetterTheBossman
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread starter must still listen to the FM frequencies. Shut that shit off b.
  • The_ManThe_Man Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »

aint nobody trying to spend 10 million and only make 100000 back on a no name artist

its not just about the money its about establishing a buz and getting an artists name all over the tv and especially the internet, why do most of these fruit cakes on here talk so much about this chief keef guy? it aint for his creative music i can tell you that, the industry wants this guy out there because hes garbage and will fuck hiphop up even more than it already is, dont be fooled theres people that control hiphop.
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »

its not just about the money its about establishing a buz and getting an artists name all over the tv and especially the internet, why do most of these fruit cakes on here talk so much about this chief keef guy? it aint for his creative music i can tell you that, the industry wants this guy out there because hes garbage and will fuck hiphop up even more than it already is, dont be fooled theres people that control hiphop.

i avoid Chief Keef at all costs.
    if you dont want to hear it, turn it off
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good job using the whole "grumpy old man" stance that you see at times on this site.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall see 2 Chainz gonna be on 2 broke girls episode after the super bowl 2 CHAINZ
  • achewon87achewon87 Midnight Marauder SDF-1Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KINGOFDAARCADE

Questioning my age lol. 35 YO I don't know anyone who listen's to the radio and enjoys the music on it, also I am not sure when you got the impression that radio ever gave a fuck about hip-hop. The only time I have ever heard hip-hop on the radio is mostly local universities with a 2hr show on the weekend. I am not sure what delusional fantasy hip-hop world you live in, you must be from the platinum era, when all sorts of artist were selling millions. I have been listening to hip-hop for 23 yrs, going Platinum was unheard when I was coming up, then boom white boys/girls got into the music and it sold like hot cakes. Then like all fads/trends it faded but guess what quality music is still getting made, just not in the mainstream, I have no issue with it cause it was bound to happen. Your either not looking hard enough for quality product cause every avenue is filled right now or your just a cry baby who can't get over era's past.
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ts is a faggot
    TheBossman
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here folks, move along
This discussion has been closed.