Sonic the Hedgehog Appreciation Thread

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 42,309 Regulator
    edited July 2015
    So ILL wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    If you didnt shed real tears trying to beat a Sonic game you aint a trill nigga

Nigga! I damn near had a nervous breakdown on Sonic 2, when them niggas put me on the Death Egg to fight Robot Sonic AND Dr. Robotnik with no fucking rings smh.

The 2-player mode for that damn box that switched places, niggas used to stay getting that shit on me right before I crossed the finish line smmfh.

Almost broke my Sega on Sonic 3 on that carnival stage with that drum because I didn't know how to get past thr bitch smh.

3-D Blast pissed me off with those fucking birds and that angling and shit smh.

Sonic and Knuckles because I couldn't put Streets of Rage on top and play the Shit smh.

I know this aaalll too well fam SMMFH. Believe it or not it took me some years to beat that game because of that SMMFH..... Metal Sonic was one thing but I must have hot Robotnik like 20 times & he just wouldn't go down SMMFH

Took me a good while tryna figure that carnival bitch out I'm not even sure how I made it out that hoe.... had me maaad frustrated tho....
    So ILL
  • DelphasDelphas NYPosts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Sega's biggest mistake was not selling Sonic to Nintendo when they asked for it. Sega wanted to sell the whole house but Sonic was the only mascot worth saving SMMFH. Nowadays Sonic is a whore, multiple studios are making Sonic games, each worse than the other. They need to find one consistent game developer (hopefully one affiliated with Nintendo) and just stay with that. Stop licensing the brand to every Tom, Dick and Jane and take the time to craft great games. They should focus on establishing each of the Sonic characters as separate franchises, as Nintendo does with their mascots. Let Sonic be the traditional adventure game, Knuckles can have more of that Crash Bandicoot vibe (speaking of which when was the last time Crash got a game ?), let Tails or Robotnik be the strategy game and go from there.

The way Nintendo controls Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, etc. that's how Sega Sammy has to do it. They could revive Sonic in a major way if they dedicated that level of focus and creativity to the franchise. The way Mario has Paper Mario you could do "2D Sonic" and really stretch that concept out. The possibilities are endless.

That's part of it definitely, but the two biggest issues Sega has with Sonic is that the people who really knew how to make (and care about) making great Sonic games are no longer around in that capacity and getting great games in 3D. Mario continued to thrive today because Nintendo put a shit ton of effort into making sure Mario could navigate well in 3D, and Sonic hasn't consistently done it yet.

Sion
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sega's biggest mistake was not selling Sonic to Nintendo when they asked for it. Sega wanted to sell the whole house but Sonic was the only mascot worth saving SMMFH. Nowadays Sonic is a whore, multiple studios are making Sonic games, each worse than the other. They need to find one consistent game developer (hopefully one affiliated with Nintendo) and just stay with that. Stop licensing the brand to every Tom, Dick and Jane and take the time to craft great games. They should focus on establishing each of the Sonic characters as separate franchises, as Nintendo does with their mascots. Let Sonic be the traditional adventure game, Knuckles can have more of that Crash Bandicoot vibe (speaking of which when was the last time Crash got a game ?), let Tails or Robotnik be the strategy game and go from there.

The way Nintendo controls Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, etc. that's how Sega Sammy has to do it. They could revive Sonic in a major way if they dedicated that level of focus and creativity to the franchise. The way Mario has Paper Mario you could do "2D Sonic" and really stretch that concept out. The possibilities are endless.

I was thinking Sega giving Sonic a break and reevaluate the series. Probably work on a couple of their other franchises?

These Sonic games just ain't consistent like how the older games were and need to stick with just one formula. Maybe use SA1/SA2 as a foundation.

Or get Galaxy Trail, who did Freedom Planet, to develop an new Sonic Game.
    SionMorganFreemanKingDelphas
  • SuperManuelSuperManuel I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KINGEC wrote: »

I was thinking Sega giving Sonic a break and reevaluate the series. Probably work on a couple of their other franchises?

These Sonic games just ain't consistent like how the older games were and need to stick with just one formula. Maybe use SA1/SA2 as a foundation.

Or get Galaxy Trail, who did Freedom Planet, to develop an new Sonic Game.

I agree . they need to bring back the things that made sonic fun and improve the music also. sonic episode 4and 1/2 for wii was a failure(with horrible stage music I might add) sonic generations was a disappointment also.
  • SuperManuelSuperManuel I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    i been knowing about this dude for some years now he needs to work for sega. check out what he did with sonic tunes.

sega needs to hire him for a sonic remaster or another aniversery game
    Sion
  • Beefer77Beefer77 Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    Man as a shortie I used to love the cartoon also
    T. Sanford(ob)Scene
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future Lawyer ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • Trill Gate$Trill Gate$ Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭
    Still my favorite series of all time. I still play all these games on the Sonic Mega Collection for PS2. Ive still never beaten Sonic 3 and have shattered many controllers over that game.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic Funky like poopa scoop #scumbag The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 18,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    If you didnt shed real tears trying to beat a Sonic game you aint a trill nigga

^thats real shit i would get like this

141c1bd70022345829167b7370e05450.gif

then get super pissed and yell at the game "fucking game cheating!"

tumblr_nq0lp7Y2TA1rsoxqjo1_250.gif

and proceed

danny-devito.gif

That "This game cheating broooo" describes me gaming up until the age of 10
  • T. SanfordT. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Posts: 24,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    Man as a shortie I used to love the cartoon also

slept on post.

I use to watch that cartoon every Saturday morning on Fox (I think it came on Fox)
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The GOAT and the GOAT...

KINGECTrill Gate$dontdiedontkillanyon
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 9,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think as a kid I was better at games. I honestly didn't know getting stuck on the carnival level was a thing.

My problem was always RPGs, that turn based shit used to have me furious
    "Who fights like this?" "why would my guy stand there and get hit?" "This is not real, they cheating for the bad guys" lol
    BenjaminEMorganFreemanKingjee504
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General/Future Lawyer ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW SONIC IN 2017!! MANIA AND PROJECT SONIC

MorganFreemanKingjee504KINGEC
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just watching the Sega CD Sonic intro and ending. That shit still jam to me.
    New ost sonic mania

• Karl.Karl. Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep an eye on it. I'm just not sure the gameplay holds up for me. We'll see.
    i been knowing about this dude for some years now he needs to work for sega. check out what he did with sonic tunes.

Man do y'all read post or do you skim through them?
    jee504
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    New ost sonic mania

Man do y'all read post or do you skim through them?

Shit crazy. Cause I been saying for years they needed Tee Lopes to do music for Sonic games. When Mania was announced, I was saying the same shit. Come to find out he's actually composing music for the game.

Dope shit. Dude is talented.
    Young_ChitlinSion
  • KamPushMeKamPushMe Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow the hedgehog >>>>>
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 8,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Sonic 2 on my phone for free through Amazon. About to binge play and recreate my childhood.
    Young_Chitlin
    Broddie wrote: »
    Got Sonic 2 on my phone for free through Amazon. About to binge play and recreate my childhood.

Do you think 16gb phone can handle sonic 2
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »

Do you think 16gb phone can handle sonic 2

Easily
    Young_Chitlin