Obama Calls Out Rush Limbaugh and Fox News (Bout Damn Time To!)

a.manna.mann Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
President Obama is calling out Fox News and Rush Limbaugh by name for creating a toxic environment that makes bipartisanship impossible.

In an interview with The New Republic, Obama brought up the role of right wing media in killing bipartisanship,

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-calls-rush-limbaugh-fox-news-poisoning-national-discourse.html




President Obama
"One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates. If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you’ll see more of them doing it.

I think John Boehner genuinely wanted to get a deal done, but it was hard to do in part because his caucus is more conservative probably than most Republican leaders are, and partly because he is vulnerable to attack for compromising Republican principles and working with Obama.

The same dynamic happens on the Democratic side. I think the difference is just that the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word. And I think at least leaders like myself—and I include Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi in this—are willing to buck the more absolutist-wing elements in our party to try to get stuff done.
The odds of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh not punishing Republicans who work with Obama are exactly zero, because Fox and Rush make their money by keeping a large segment of the Republican base outraged. They have a financial incentive to keep the partisanship high, and the national discourse toxic."



2007.jpg
soulbrotherhueyYoung StefDr. StitchCashmoneyDux[Deleted User]unspoken_respectGettinLoDisciplined InSightKingJamal(Nope)damnkpReggie80hnic1978NothingButTheTruthCP203playmaker88iron man1Wild SelfVIBEShuffingtonMister B.skpjr78Bussy_Getta Already Home_17atribecalledgabiKINGECBlack Boy Kingillestni99ainneKatKing Eraunonujerz84blacktuxWhoisDonG???galaxy_1221DarkRaidenBK ProductBlaqueHoney01deadeyeOmegaConflict
«13

Replies

  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 27,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised by this, no subliminals....
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.


    The president also conceded that “the same dynamic happens on the Democratic side,” but in his mind, “the difference is just that the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word.”


    true story
    Naming names for both>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Only naming names for the partisan opposition

    Otherwise:
    1l5Ojbq.jpg
    Go figureptnutzBOSSExcellencegalaxy_1221
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    this is that false equivalency i see all the time

    does msnbc have an obvious political side they've taken, yes, are they as bad as fox news? not by a long shot

    when have you ever seen someone on msnbc asking for a republican persons birth certificate or constantly saying some republican is unamerican etc. what about rape deniers or evolution deniers, you do not see these people on msnbc

    lets not act like the crazy is equally on both sides, it's not. the liberals kind of "crazy" is pushing liberal ideologies like gay marriage and stuff, which is not exactly crazy, while the right sides crazy people are saying our president is a muslim, socialist, communist who wasn't born in this country. these two things are not a like in the least
    There we go. The bolded is all I needed.

    I didn't say that "MSNBC" is some kind of "Bizarro world" version of "Fox News" that does all the same shit "Fox News" does, except in the opposite direction.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    New York Times: How MSNBC Became Fox’s Liberal Evil Twin

    MSN: MSNBC is less fair and balanced than Fox News, study says

    The study in question:
    Jounalism.org: Winning the Media Campaign 2012
    ptnutzBlack Boy KingBOSSExcellence
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 40,675 Regulator
    Fox news..... Right


    MSNBC..... Left


    CNN..........plays the middle

    I watch all three then make my decision.
    gnsskpjr78
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    this is that false equivalency i see all the time

    does msnbc have an obvious political side they've taken, yes, are they as bad as fox news? not by a long shot

    when have you ever seen someone on msnbc asking for a republican persons birth certificate or constantly saying some republican is unamerican etc. what about rape deniers or evolution deniers, you do not see these people on msnbc

    lets not act like the crazy is equally on both sides, it's not. the liberals kind of "crazy" is pushing liberal ideologies like gay marriage and stuff, which is not exactly crazy, while the right sides crazy people are saying our president is a muslim, socialist, communist who wasn't born in this country. these two things are not a like in the least
    There we go. The bolded is all I needed.

    I didn't say that "MSNBC" is some kind of "Bizarro world" version of "Fox News" that does all the same shit "Fox News" does, except in the opposite direction.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    New York Times: How MSNBC Became Fox’s Liberal Evil Twin

    MSN: MSNBC is less fair and balanced than Fox News, study says

    The study in question:
    Jounalism.org: Winning the Media Campaign 2012
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    when you say the bolded, you are asserting that it is just as bad as fox, which as an objective observer, i can say is far from the case

    as far as the study i said "71 percent of stories about Romney portrayed him in a negative light, compared to only 46 percent of Fox segments on Obama."

    ummm....when romney is saying shit like like 47% and how he's gonna repeal abortion if he gets the chance, there's really not much you can NOT criticize him for. that's not the same as criticizing the president for being a socialist (that's really an insult to socialist, cuz that he is certainly not), pr being a muslim while also being a radical christian, and that he's gonna come and take all your guns away and instill sharia law

    when the rest of the world is looking at america like it's crazy, it's solely because of the right wing, not the left wing
    Yes, "just as bad" not "does all of the exact same things but in the opposite direction". One crime can be "just as bad" as another, that doesn't mean they are the same exact crime.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    Same study done on the 2008 Election - Journalism.org: The Color of News

    However, it does look like one issue with me using "just as bad" is that these studies seem to show that "MSNBC" is actually worse than "Fox News" in terms if bias.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 27,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only watch corporate media when something big happens or is happening. its always fun to check out what is said during the partisan conventions, inaugurations, election nights etc. Otherwise its fuck all 3.
    atribecalledgabi
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 27,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only watch corporate media when something big happens or is happening. its always fun to check out what is said during the partisan conventions, inaugurations, election nights etc. Otherwise its fuck all 3.
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    The truth is I get the majority of my news from Comedy Central @11:00 - 12:00.

    All news outlets have an angle but Fox is brazenly biased and racist.

    Bodhigalaxy_1221
  • Allah_U_AkbarAllah_U_Akbar Posts: 10,841 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    watch them dudes call Obama a bully racist or some shit now

    gnsgalaxy_1221
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Posts: 21,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obama getting tired of this shit
    BOSSExcellence
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    this is that false equivalency i see all the time

    does msnbc have an obvious political side they've taken, yes, are they as bad as fox news? not by a long shot

    when have you ever seen someone on msnbc asking for a republican persons birth certificate or constantly saying some republican is unamerican etc. what about rape deniers or evolution deniers, you do not see these people on msnbc

    lets not act like the crazy is equally on both sides, it's not. the liberals kind of "crazy" is pushing liberal ideologies like gay marriage and stuff, which is not exactly crazy, while the right sides crazy people are saying our president is a muslim, socialist, communist who wasn't born in this country. these two things are not a like in the least
    There we go. The bolded is all I needed.

    I didn't say that "MSNBC" is some kind of "Bizarro world" version of "Fox News" that does all the same shit "Fox News" does, except in the opposite direction.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    New York Times: How MSNBC Became Fox’s Liberal Evil Twin

    MSN: MSNBC is less fair and balanced than Fox News, study says

    The study in question:
    Jounalism.org: Winning the Media Campaign 2012
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    when you say the bolded, you are asserting that it is just as bad as fox, which as an objective observer, i can say is far from the case

    as far as the study i said "71 percent of stories about Romney portrayed him in a negative light, compared to only 46 percent of Fox segments on Obama."

    ummm....when romney is saying shit like like 47% and how he's gonna repeal abortion if he gets the chance, there's really not much you can NOT criticize him for. that's not the same as criticizing the president for being a socialist (that's really an insult to socialist, cuz that he is certainly not), pr being a muslim while also being a radical christian, and that he's gonna come and take all your guns away and instill sharia law

    when the rest of the world is looking at america like it's crazy, it's solely because of the right wing, not the left wing
    Yes, "just as bad" not "does all of the exact same things but in the opposite direction". One crime can be "just as bad" as another, that doesn't mean they are the same exact crime.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    Same study done on the 2008 Election - Journalism.org: The Color of News

    something can't be just as bad as something else if it doesn't have the same amount of maliciousness. saying negative shit about romeny that IS true is not just as bad as making up shit about the president and being blatantly racist in a lot of respects

    hitting someone with your car cuz they were in the street is not just as bad as hitting someone walking on the side walk, the latter takes willful neglect

    if the things fox news have said about the president were in fact true, i'd have no problem with it. the politicians in canada sling mud too, the only stipulation being, the things they say have to be true, if they are not, they are skewered by the media and the public for being liars

    if you can show me just as many instances where msnbc put out stories about republicans that were totally untrue and/or racist, then i might say you have something there, but everyone knows this doesn't happen. you don't need to make up anything to make republicans look bad
    Bruh, where did I claim the bolded?

    I cosigned a post referring to "propaganda", and I've posted sources citing bias.

    These specific examples of "lying" and "racism" you're looking for out chea ain't the shit I'm talking about.
    ohhhlaBlack Boy King
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    this is that false equivalency i see all the time

    does msnbc have an obvious political side they've taken, yes, are they as bad as fox news? not by a long shot

    when have you ever seen someone on msnbc asking for a republican persons birth certificate or constantly saying some republican is unamerican etc. what about rape deniers or evolution deniers, you do not see these people on msnbc

    lets not act like the crazy is equally on both sides, it's not. the liberals kind of "crazy" is pushing liberal ideologies like gay marriage and stuff, which is not exactly crazy, while the right sides crazy people are saying our president is a muslim, socialist, communist who wasn't born in this country. these two things are not a like in the least
    There we go. The bolded is all I needed.

    I didn't say that "MSNBC" is some kind of "Bizarro world" version of "Fox News" that does all the same shit "Fox News" does, except in the opposite direction.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    New York Times: How MSNBC Became Fox’s Liberal Evil Twin

    MSN: MSNBC is less fair and balanced than Fox News, study says

    The study in question:
    Jounalism.org: Winning the Media Campaign 2012
    Go figure wrote: »
    all media is propaganda anyway. i dont spend too much time watching. learn how to differentiate between facts/opinion and form your own.
    Cosign. Shit like "MSNBC" is just as bad as "Fox News", just at the opposite polarity.

    when you say the bolded, you are asserting that it is just as bad as fox, which as an objective observer, i can say is far from the case

    as far as the study i said "71 percent of stories about Romney portrayed him in a negative light, compared to only 46 percent of Fox segments on Obama."

    ummm....when romney is saying shit like like 47% and how he's gonna repeal abortion if he gets the chance, there's really not much you can NOT criticize him for. that's not the same as criticizing the president for being a socialist (that's really an insult to socialist, cuz that he is certainly not), pr being a muslim while also being a radical christian, and that he's gonna come and take all your guns away and instill sharia law

    when the rest of the world is looking at america like it's crazy, it's solely because of the right wing, not the left wing
    Yes, "just as bad" not "does all of the exact same things but in the opposite direction". One crime can be "just as bad" as another, that doesn't mean they are the same exact crime.

    You don't have to take my word for it though:
    Same study done on the 2008 Election - Journalism.org: The Color of News

    something can't be just as bad as something else if it doesn't have the same amount of maliciousness. saying negative shit about romeny that IS true is not just as bad as making up shit about the president and being blatantly racist in a lot of respects

    hitting someone with your car cuz they were in the street is not just as bad as hitting someone walking on the side walk, the latter takes willful neglect

    if the things fox news have said about the president were in fact true, i'd have no problem with it. the politicians in canada sling mud too, the only stipulation being, the things they say have to be true, if they are not, they are skewered by the media and the public for being liars

    if you can show me just as many instances where msnbc put out stories about republicans that were totally untrue and/or racist, then i might say you have something there, but everyone knows this doesn't happen. you don't need to make up anything to make republicans look bad
    Bruh, where did I claim the bolded?

    I cosigned a post referring to "propaganda", and I've posted sources citing bias.

    These specific examples of "lying" and "racism" you're looking for out chea ain't the shit I'm talking about.

    you said they were "just as bad." if by that you didn't mean the engage in the same types of behaviours, what did you mean by that?

    how is it propaganda when it's true (the things msnbc say i mean). just because it puts the right wing in a bad light doesn't mean it's not true. and too bad for them if the truth makes them look bad

    so until msnbc is putting out false stories in order to discredit the right wing, like the right wing does to the left, they are not "just as bad" or engaging in the propaganda. biggest thing in order for something to be propoganda it has to be either untrue or misleading. saying republicans wanna outlaw abortion is neither untrue or misleading
    Peep the definition of "propaganda" my nigga:

    O8J3QCc.png

    I said "MSNBC" was "just as bad" as "Fox News" when cosigning and quoting a post about media being propaganda, and the definition of propaganda includes "ideas", "facts", "information", and "rumors". I also dropped citations showing/comparing bias between "MSNBC" and "Fox News".

    "Propaganda" is not a term that solely refers to lies b.
    ohhhlaVulcanRavenMF_Doomerville
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.