In the long run, Nas probably won..

heavyrelishheavyrelish Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
Nas is having dinner with billionaires, putting out awesome, pure hip hop albums, not dumbing his content down and maintaining an unprecendented amount of respectability in the game from all coast by all generations, while Lil Boosie fans scream Nas lost......Im just saying.....
RawAceilledoutIbexbuttuh_bEar2DaStLurker6sapp08_2001WhoisDonG???PK_TK_187

Replies

• rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't hear you though
    heavyrelish
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at winning because he's sitting with billionaires, but eating in a cell due to the IRS. If that's winning, i don't want to win.
    gnsbuttuh_bEar2DaStDisciplined InSightrip.dillasapp08_2001CeLLaR-DooRantoseeg
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Those other groups are cool and all But Wu Tang Is for the Children!!!!! At the 36th chamberPosts: 7,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and here we go
    And_So_It_Burnsericb4prezrip.dilla
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at winning because he's sitting with billionaires, but eating in a cell due to the IRS. If that's winning, i don't want to win.
    Yea your live is more interesting I'm sure.

LOL i'm not threatened with jail time and hustling out here to pay taxes. I like my boring jail free life.
    gnsbuttuh_balmighty breezesapp08_2001iKingGodGivBizantoseeg
  • freshb651freshb651 Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas is in a cell ? word ? He always said his raps should be locked there
    illedoutbuttuh_bBreezy_KilroyCeLLaR-DooR
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarine ran away when his girl was rapped....so ive heard
    Disciplined InSightrip.dillaCP203
  • rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meanwhile a dude who people would say is winning more than Nas is getting shot at over some bullshit and it seems like people want him to die smh. Let's see, owe IRS yet still loved and making money, or being killed for being a fake rapper and using names you shouldn't........I'll take option 1 please.
    [Deleted User]Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at winning because he's sitting with billionaires

Billionaires wouldnt waste their time, let alone invite someone to have dinner with them unless money was involved. I doubt them billionaire crackas are #1 fans of Nas. Something is going down from a business standpoint in the tech world and Nas is involved. Cant wait to find out what it is.

Winning
    And_So_It_Burnsheavyrelishrip.dillaWhoisDonG???
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    he is making good music without jeopardizing his artistic freedom, plus he's making lots of money doing what he loves, i say that's a win imo.

^^ I swear the reason is like tmz, I dont care about his personal life.
    BarryHallsBuilt 4 cuban linxrip.dillaCP203
  • gnsgns It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas.........winning?.......blasphemy
    heavyrelishrip.dillaCP203
  • Mdizzle9000Mdizzle9000 Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas a millionaire who makes great music no one outsie of this dumbass website thinks he a loser, this thread pointless
    CainBarryHalls
  • blackamericablackamerica Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas is a great artist and poet. But he's lost respect for becoming a coon for Hollywood. Nigga no better than Herman Cain or any of them niggaz on Fox News.

Fuck Nas
    gnsrip.dilla
    illedout wrote: »
    As long as he continue to make quality music,
    I dont care what he does..

I feel like us Nas fans may be a lil spoiled
    cause our favorite MC always bless us with quality music..
    he couldve crossed over years ago and got that pop music money,
    but he stayed true to himself and his fans..

Come on son!

Could of grossed over, he did cross over thanks to Lauryn Hill but couldn't keep it up. Then he started fucking with hit and miss Salaam Remi and started making dry ass music, notice the reason why LIG was so good was because NO ID did most the beats.

Nas has tried crossing over numerous times the last couple of albums but it never caught on commercially. Cherry Wine with Amy Whinehouse is clearly a crossover attempt, Hero with Keri Hilson is clearly a crossover attempt, Make the world go around with Chris Brown are clearly crossover attempts.

Don't fool yourself, he tried crossing over, the mass public just doesn't care. Why you think this fool has been all over the white shows lately (The View, Jimmy Fallon, MTV,etc).
    buttuh_bDisciplined InSightrip.dillaTHIRDSUPREMEPK_TK_187miamivice305Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

An apparently you ran away from English class!

were you pointing out typos online when it happened?
    gnsrip.dilla
  • ima boosie fan how tf nas lost..i thought nas was a real nigga?
    buttuh_brip.dillaPK_TK_187

An apparently you ran away from English class!

were you pointing out typos online when it happened?

We know your white ass would of snitched if you saw it happen, it's in your pigment challenged nature.
    illedoutCJiKingGodGivBiz
    illedout wrote: »
    @usmarin3
    so we gon' act like Nas wasnt promoting an album when he went on those shows??

why do people try to box Nas in??
    he made a song with Lauren Hill and Amy winehouse so he's pop now??
    that doesnt make sense..

and I know that U know Nas is 1 of the greats..
    I read your posts cause unless Jay is being attacked,
    U actually are a good poster..

I could sit here and type all the white people Jay made music with,
    hell I can even bring up the fact that he was running around calling himself European Jay,
    but it isnt necesarry to tear one down to make the other look better..

My only issue is, Nas stans criticize other rappers for the shit he does and turn a blind eye. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with going on those shows, but when other rappers do it these khuffi wearing mfs are quick to scream sell out, Illuminati, and all that other nonsense.

What's selling out to another rapper, is all of a sudden a win for Nas.

Yes the songs are pop, they are clearly cross over attempt. Catchy beats, catchy chorus, simplistic content,etc.

You are failing to realize what i'm saying, Jay-z fans don't act holier than now and stay on some elitist backpacker shit. They don't criticize other rappers for trying to crossover or making pop records. It's the Nas stans who come off as elitist.

If Nas fans would be honest and just say, there are many types of hiphop and there is nothing wrong with that people wouldn't give him shit. They would rather be on some if it ain't boom bap and about some back to Africa and empowerment nonsense, it's NOT REAL HIPHOP. Stop the snobbish shit.
    buttuh_brip.dillaPervisDisciplined InSightValentinez A. Kaiser