Brooklyns Own.. The Underachievers NEW VIDEO "The Mahdi"

Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

I LOVE their Production its so effortless but effect. They are my fav out of the Beast Coast Movement.
DMTxTHCAggyAFSneakDZA5th Letternj2089[Deleted User]

Replies

• DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they drop their mixtape on a few days?..
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup on Feb 1st. I cant wait.

Issa Dash just dropped Musical Chairs which is dope also.
    DMTxTHC
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Posts: 26,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NY will have a big year in 2013. It started with Rocky. Underachievers are dope as hell, can't wait for that tape. I think they are signed tho, look out for that news after the tape drops

Flatbush got the goat groups right now: Underacheivers, ProEra, Flatbush Zombies
    Gen. Stasia[Deleted User]
    NY will have a big year in 2013. It started with Rocky. Underachievers are dope as hell, can't wait for that tape. I think they are signed tho, look out for that news after the tape drops

Flatbush got the goat groups right now: Underacheivers, ProEra, Flatbush Zombies

Yea they are signed to an Indie called Brainfeeders. I like the fact that they are so Polished. Videos, Songs, Artwork etc seems to be put out effectively.

Yea they are signed to an Indie called Brainfeeders. I like the fact that they are so Polished. Videos, Songs, Artwork etc seems to be put out effectively.

I'm thinking they might get signed to a major label. Rumor is that Zombies are also signed already as well

I'm thinking they might get signed to a major label. Rumor is that Zombies are also signed already as well

They dont want to be signed to a Major neither does Flatbush Zombies or Pro Era. They are going to do things Independent which is fine because i dont see the point of them signing to a Major.

Props to Gen & Gerald for putting me on to the New Age of Brooklyn Emcees

Peace yo

No Problem. NY have a lot of talent. We just have to stop comparing and just enjoy it. Us as NYers have such high expectations and we don't like stuff that's not already cosigned.
    [Deleted User]
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flatbush Zombies do suck though
    genocidecutter

They dont want to be signed to a Major neither does Flatbush Zombies or Pro Era. They are going to do things Independent which is fine because i dont see the point of them signing to a Major.

well Cinematic is a pseudo-major......Joey Badass says he'll go if the money right....Zombies have said they'll go if they get creative control. It would be nice to hear "Wavves" and "Chucch" on the radio in addition to "Work" and Rocky's shit
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Flatbush Zombies do suck though

Naw I like Flatbush Zombie but just like most ignorant music u have to listen in small doses. They're new joint MRAZ is dope.

well Cinematic is a pseudo-major......Joey Badass says he'll go if the money right....Zombies have said they'll go if they get creative control. It would be nice to hear "Wavves" and "Chucch" on the radio in addition to "Work" and Rocky's shit

Yea but their Preference is Indie. We already know how the radio works so that would be a waste of time TBH.

They have a steady fanbase all of them have millions of REAL views and solid fanbases. Only thing a Major can do for them is suck money out of them and make them Commercialize a.k.a. Dumb Down their message.

a little birdie told me Underachievers have written songs for Rocky
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,000 Regulator
    Dope song. I hope they eventually get national attention, they are good and they deserve it.
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn youtube be slow as hell sometimes smh
    http://www.complex.com/music/2013/02/who-are-the-underachievers/

great interview about their music, pyschedelic drugs and breaks down Beast Coast and New New York movements
    they aren't wack but they very boring and are missing something i gave their tape a listen and it wasn't bad but it was just boring content that couldn't hold my attention

they got skills they just need to refine it

lamontbdc wrote: »
    they aren't wack but they very boring and are missing something i gave their tape a listen and it wasn't bad but it was just boring content that couldn't hold my attention

yeah in their interview they said they are aware a lot of people didn't like the tape (they said because of the subject matter).

i enjoyed it but i also feel it was missing something. i prefer Flatbush Zombies and ASAP Mob more. i gotta go listen to Phony Ppls now

yeah in their interview they said they are aware a lot of people didn't like the tape (they said because of the subject matter).

i enjoyed it but i also feel it was missing something. i prefer Flatbush Zombies and ASAP Mob more. i gotta go listen to Phony Ppls now

at least they are aware and handle criticism like they are supposed too. but yeah they just need to refine it a little bit gotta balance that message with something catchy

i'm try the flatbush dudes next. i seen one of their vids...I remember a dark skin dude having a strange delivery but the shit was sounding kinda dope

Phony ppls? you young niggas keeping me updated ill check for them too

and i actually like chinx drugs it's just his boss that's the problem

at least they are aware and handle criticism like they are supposed too. but yeah they just need to refine it a little bit gotta balance that message with something catchy

i'm try the flatbush dudes next. i seen one of their vids...I remember a dark skin dude having a strange delivery but the shit was sounding kinda dope

Phony ppls? you young niggas keeping me updated ill check for them too

and i actually like chinx drugs it's just his boss that's the problem

yeah check out their mixtape D.R.U.G.S.