What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance to recover from torn triceps

Rubato GarciaRubato Garcia Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
The good news is that linebacker Ray Lewis may not be facing many questions about a 13-year-old controversy during media day. The bad news is that there’s a fresh topic into which the assembled reporters will want to delve when Lewis and the Ravens gather at the Superdome for the annual exercise in journalistic hysteria.

According to Sports Illustrated, Lewis contacted a company owned by a former male stripper to obtain a deer-antler velvet extract after tearing his triceps in October.

Mitch Ross of S.W.A.T.S reportedly videotaped the phone call from Lewis.

“Spray on my elbow every two hours?” Lewis asked Ross regarding the extract, via Philly.com. (Quotes from the conversation don’t appear in the free online version of the Sports Illustrated article; presumably, Philly.com gleaned the info from the full article.)

“No,” Ross said. “Under your tongue.”

Later, Lewis asked Ross to “just pile me up and just send me everything you got, because I got to get back on this this week.”

The problem for Lewis is that the extract contains IGF-1, which is on the NFL’s list of banned substances. For the NFL, the problem is that Lewis will retire after Sunday. So there’s really nothing that can be done — unless Lewis admits to it on Tuesday and the league puts the investigative process into the highest gear possible.

Even then, it’s impossible that the matter would progress through all available appeals before Sunday night.
StoneColdMikey

Replies

• S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Timing is a m'fer. In Ray's favor... They'll juts hit the 'you know, we're so focused on this game we're not gonna adress those rumors' (as if he wasnt recorded)

A whole can of worms would explode if this dropped earlier. Now tho nggas all just wanna watch the game.
    This opens a bigger issue tho. If it is just deer antler extract, how you ban some natural shyt???? They dont ban whey protien..
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao@ Duke videotaping the conversation.
    unspoken_respectmiamivice305huey
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Man at this point who gives a fuck?

I understand banning anabolic steroids but I don't understand why demonize HGH when it's primarily used to heal faster.

These leagues really gonna tell human beings that they can't take any means possible to heal themselves as quickly as possible? Tell them that they have to sit and suffer through whatever injury or ailment they have until it runs it's course?

Yep, but they'll start givin kids anti-inflammatory meds n pain killers in hgh school
    miamivice305Mdizzle9000
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I thought he was just a cokehead.

Turns out he's....

*Mike Epps voice*

"...on everay-thang."
    BdTtDYlCQAIOg0M.png thunderlogoangle2.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!i4FD-jVu7gFBRMPIUVCNw~~60_35.JPGVINYLMAGNET-FALCONS.jpg

Hey, you, yeah u, the corny ass faggot, girlie mouth ass nigga. Click dat wack button -->
    ToppsiKingGodGivBiz
    Matt- wrote: »
    you can't contact a male stripper and not expect something to go horribly wrong

And you know this becauuussse...???
    BdTtDYlCQAIOg0M.png thunderlogoangle2.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!i4FD-jVu7gFBRMPIUVCNw~~60_35.JPGVINYLMAGNET-FALCONS.jpg

Hey, you, yeah u, the corny ass faggot, girlie mouth ass nigga. Click dat wack button -->
    ToppsiKingGodGivBizMdizzle9000
  • Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    you can't contact a male stripper and not expect something to go horribly wrong

And you know this becauuussse...???

because someone i know contacted a male stripper and it went horribly wrong, so they said.
    unspoken_respect
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheatin ass big nose preachin nigga Fucced up

Don't know why but I laughed
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
    texas409
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good for him
    deer-antler velvet extract

i-see-what-you-did-there-21267-1291664609-36.jpg
    tumblr_m8suqsDpq11rqmwopo1_500.gif
    texas409
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aslong as Ry ain't fail a drug tests he straight but i wonder if dude is gonna play the recording
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    lmao @ deer antler spray healin a tricep niggaz really is reachin to try to diminish Ray Lewis

they ain't reaching folks take that shit for a reason. Apparantly it simulates HGH which helps your shit regenerate somebody else was doing this shit not too long ago

we got avi bet right

• Matt-Matt- stew Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    lmao @ deer antler spray healin a tricep niggaz really is reachin to try to diminish Ray Lewis

i don't think its a reach when they are talking about taking a banned substance.

the only reach is that they assume people care about steroids in football. for whatever reason, baseball and the olympics and Lance Armstrong are the ones people care about when it comes to PED's. But football? they could produce positive tests from Ray Lewis and anyone else they wanted to and a majority of people wouldn't give a shit.
    miamivice305
  • Max.Max. BODY BAG! Posts: 30,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deer antler spray is whats hot in the streets now
    Matt-Already Home_17tha fury
  • MF_DoomervilleMF_Doomerville Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this shit ain't true. Ray is one hell of a football player.
    I see this nikka @topps is still a flag-fag.

That ether still burning slow...

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn in the course of a few hours you had reports of A-rod part of some suspected clinic with banned substances and a story about ray lewis deer antlers and a male stripper. You know media outlets are doing the ray lewis dance.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    greenwood1921
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao, so deer antler velvet extract is some super steroid?

sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

• BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »

they ain't reaching folks take that shit for a reason. Apparantly it simulates HGH which helps your shit regenerate somebody else was doing this shit not too long ago

we got avi bet right

hell yea lets get it
    http://teamdar.bandcamp.com/

^^^^^^^ U WANT AN ALBUM WITH MULTIPLE TOPICS THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THEN YOUR EVERYDAY MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO. YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH A UNIQUE DELIVERY WHO HAS SUBSTANCE AS WELL. THE LINK ABOVE COOLIN IN AXELWORLD IS FOR U, START ON TRACK 1 AND JUST LET IT RIDE ALL OPINIONS AND FEEDBACK WELCOMED

• MF_DoomervilleMF_Doomerville Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao, so deer antler velvet extract is some super steroid?

Apparently it can speed up the healing process in the human body. I foresee a lot of deer disappearing in the following weeks.
    Bender Rodrigueztha furyunspoken_respectWhoisDonG???