Do You have Coastal Bias?

PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
@Jamacia
@Turfaholic
Those two always come to mind.
I expect more lyrical shit from the East Coast.
My fav rappers are mostly from the mid West
and i'm from the South. I listen to alot of artist from my region.

you two niggas biased as fuck though
StewCottonCitySlimJ. WillSoloman_The_Wise

Replies

• andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, but I dont make irrational statements based off my bias..
    TheIraqCashmoneyDuxBlackAX410
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, born and raised it the south yet i prefer east coast based music.
    CainBuilt 4 cuban linxkillaguwopILL_Anvers
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but Im am biased towards wack rappers. I refuse to listen to wack rappers
    *~queenbee~*
  • RahlowRahlow Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    <grew up alongside hiphop (1973)

So NO bias here
    I didn't come up in an era where they had regional pride going on
    fortunately I was born & raised in the Hub City and had the pleasure to have access to 1580 KDAY in all the 80's (the worlds first all hip hop station)

if east coast artist wanted to promote their music and get airplay they had to come to L.A. to do it because NYC/Philly/Jersey was shitting on hip hop (their own artist) up until maybe the late 80s/early 90's.

All they had in the mid 80's was a 1 hour a week hip hop show (Mr Magic/Marley Marl) while L.A. was spinning all the obscure hip hop artist (24-7) from east and west coast who were trying to make it big since 1980.

NYC invented it, L.A. nurtured it/gave it a showroom floor.

<No regional coastal bias
    achewon87DMTxTHC
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope good thing bout DC having no rappers while i was growing up is that i never got a bias to my region

and many ppl do have a bias to there regions not all though

i'll rock with whoever from wherever
    Stomp Johnson
  • AggyAFAggyAF duppy know who fi frighten Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no bias, but i don't care for Bay music and my favorite rappers are from the East Coast
    DMTxTHC
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S.P.C./S.U.C./Killa Klan bias!
  • PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    Nope good music is good music. The only thing I miss is when each region had it's own sound.

i think the South still has its own sound.

SWAMPGODCottonCitySlim
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We innovate sounds and mix styles and bring in our own we don't sound shit like yall!
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I just dont favor boom bap in the slightest
  • AggyAFAggyAF duppy know who fi frighten Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope good music is good music. The only thing I miss is when each region had it's own sound.

it was inevitable. i do love popping a tape and being transported to another city tho.....
    DMTxTHCachewon87
  • hiphop12345hiphop12345 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahlow wrote: »
    <grew up alongside hiphop (1973)

So NO bias here
    I didn't come up in an era where they had regional pride going on
    fortunately I was born & raised in the Hub City and had the pleasure to have access to 1580 KDAY in all the 80's (the worlds first all hip hop station)

if east coast artist wanted to promote their music and get airplay they had to come to L.A. to do it because NYC/Philly/Jersey was shitting on hip hop (their own artist) up until maybe the late 80s/early 90's.

All they had in the mid 80's was a 1 hour a week hip hop show (Mr Magic/Marley Marl) while L.A. was spinning all the obscure hip hop artist (24-7) from east and west coast who were trying to make it big since 1980.

NYC invented it, L.A. nurtured it/gave it a showroom floor.

<No regional coastal bias

Someone tell this guy about the infamous college radio programs.
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most are either in denial or clueless about it. Me, i can honestly say that i had a certain bias years ago. Never disliked any particular region but since i pretty much was raised on west coast music for the most part i had a lil bias, i'll admit that. Was never one of them "fuck the east coast westside 4 life" cornballs tho lol.

I'm completely unbiased now tho. I think i listen to more east coast shit now than anything else tbh. I've also learned to appreciate southern hip-hop more as i've gotten older. I pretty much only fucked with Scarface, Outkast, D.O.C. & Devin The Dude here & there, now over time i've grown more into U.G.K., Hot Boys, Eightball & MJG, Killer Mike, Z-Ro, Goodie Mob, J. Cole & so on.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 8,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddly enough, the majority of my top 10 are either from new york or the Midwest

but naw I'm not biased. I fuck with hip hop from all corners of the country. I could never get into foreign hip hop though
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I'm from Jersey and I lived in the south and the west coast. I can honestly say I'm the most unbiased poster on this forum.
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 33,558 Regulator
    Fav rapper- Nas
    Fav Producer- Dre
    Fav Group- Outkast
    genocidecutter
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic i love cakemix The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just say you caught feelings instead of dedicating threads to me.

I think ive proven not to be biased.
  • Nah, I like music as long as its good- doesn't matter to me where or who its coming from.
  • O.G.O.G. Living life in the victory formation. Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no. why limit yourself? good music is good music.
    Cigarello Slim
  • achewon87achewon87 Midnight Marauder SDF-1Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw you would miss out on way too much good music by having that attitude.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no bias, but i don't care for Bay music and my favorite rappers are from the East Coast

• Brian B.Brian B. Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about everyone has some sort of bias for or against wether they admit it or not.. shit, some of yall in here sayin you're not & in the same sentence admitting to being biased lol

& I'll admit I'm bias when it comes to country rap tunes

but it's still country rap tunes>>>>hip-hop records
    Soloman_The_Wisefranknitti