Jay Z Joe Budden diss appreciation

KalecrunchKalecrunch Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason
Illmatic’ means realness. It means the epitome of ill. It means nothing sugarcoated. It means in your face."- Nas
«13

Replies

  • internationalinternational Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    rofl...fuck kinda embed is that?

    Jay once again bit off more than he could chew, realized it and then just kept it moving/brushed it off in order to preserve his status...smart move.

    NothingButTheTruthgnstexasdaking88HarlemThumzUpAP12infamous114Valentinez A. KaiserPK_TK_187buffalo butt StoneColdMikey
  • KalecrunchKalecrunch Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn can't post youtube link
    Illmatic’ means realness. It means the epitome of ill. It means nothing sugarcoated. It means in your face."- Nas
    just.might.b.okunspoken_respect
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    You can pretty much make a whole thread dedicated to appreciating joe button diss songs.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
    SiongnsAnd_So_It_Burnsunspoken_respect
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 19,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did they even have beef? wasn't joe gonna sign to the roc originally? but went with def jam cause the roc was splitting?
    Sion
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did they even have beef? wasn't joe gonna sign to the roc originally? but went with def jam cause the roc was splitting?


    Something about Def Jam didn't like the album that Budden submitted and i think the beef started from there.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    aneed123bankrupt ballerValentinez A. Kaiser
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did they even have beef? wasn't joe gonna sign to the roc originally? but went with def jam cause the roc was splitting?

    wasnt supposed to be beef but Jay caught feelings because he lost and blackballed Buddens
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Too many Jay-Z threads.

    *feelings*
    well, this IS a jay z fan forum right? why would we have people jerking off while typing "nas lost" if it wasnt
    Judge a man by his character and not by his wealth
    A real G, i never kissed niggas or shot myself
    Gangsta Gibbs
    coldgratefulacaciarat.gif
    500full-charlie-sweets.jpg
    DarthRozayMdizzle9000
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay ate him up.
    gnsLurker6texasdaking88bankrupt ballerCP203Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay a sucka for that shit....
  • internationalinternational Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Too many Jay-Z threads.

    *feelings*
    well, this IS a jay z fan forum right? why would we have people jerking off while typing "nas lost" if it wasnt

    Damn, he was eatin jay up all over that shyt...tho I think that by then jay couldn't have fucked with joey...the shyt he was spittin was mean.
    CashmoneyDuxVisionBOasisgns
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But wasnt Joe's album done & turned in before Jay even got to Def Jam. If I remember it bad reviews from Complex or some shit & Def Jan told him to bring back smthn better. Joey being the nigga he is said "fuck y'all" & didn't wanna change it. All of this before Jay even became prez. I could be wrong though.
    almighty breeze
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn i didnt even think of that Reminder Line by budden being in reference to jay lol.
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with Jays history I believe he did that shit. how u gonna be jealous of Joe smh
    VisionBOasisAnd_So_It_Burns
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bull6599 wrote: »
    But wasnt Joe's album done & turned in before Jay even got to Def Jam. If I remember it bad reviews from Complex or some shit & Def Jan told him to bring back smthn better. Joey being the nigga he is said "fuck y'all" & didn't wanna change it. All of this before Jay even became prez. I could be wrong though.

    Joe submitted his album to Lyor Cohen and Kevin Liles, they rejected his shit and then it rolled over to Jay. Then i think Joe wanted Jay on Pump it up and Jay said no, then freestyled on the beat.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    StoneColdMikey
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    bull6599 wrote: »
    But wasnt Joe's album done & turned in before Jay even got to Def Jam. If I remember it bad reviews from Complex or some shit & Def Jan told him to bring back smthn better. Joey being the nigga he is said "fuck y'all" & didn't wanna change it. All of this before Jay even became prez. I could be wrong though.
    Joe submitted his album to Lyor Cohen and Kevin Liles, they rejected his shit and then it rolled over to Jay. Then i think Joe wanted Jay on Pump it up and Jay said no, then freestyled on the beat.

    I know Just made the beat for Jay but Jay told him to give it to Bleek but Joe ended up w/ it.


    Joe submitted his album to Lyor Cohen and Kevin Liles, they rejected his shit and then it rolled over to Jay. Then i think Joe wanted Jay on Pump it up and Jay said no, then freestyled on the beat.

    I know Joe had some issues w/ Def Jam due to his 1st album. Pump It Up was a hit but the album only went gold and he blamed the label for misspelling his name in the album cover or some shit. If that's why he had tension w/ Def Jam brass IDK?

  • VisionBOasisVisionBOasis Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Joe is still that nigga though. I wish The Growth would've dropped...
    gnswilberdmillzMorganFreemanKing
  • KalecrunchKalecrunch Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cassidy “Pump it Up freestyle"
    Illmatic’ means realness. It means the epitome of ill. It means nothing sugarcoated. It means in your face."- Nas
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imagine Joe dissing Jay Z like this

    jay wouldnt even bother with subliminals after something like that lol
    Judge a man by his character and not by his wealth
    A real G, i never kissed niggas or shot myself
    Gangsta Gibbs
    coldgratefulacaciarat.gif
    500full-charlie-sweets.jpg
    gns
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 24,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jay a snake
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    sapp08_2001unspoken_respect
  • jonlakadeadmicjonlakadeadmic Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    budden been bitter tho
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    budden been bitter tho
    id be bitter too
    CashmoneyDuxjonlakadeadmicMorganFreemanKing
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.