What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

"The future of gaming" Official Playstation 4 news thread

Replies

• KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be real. The PS4 better bring some big features, or it's really just going to seem like a waste of money. The shit coming out on the PS3 is still fire and I don't think they've completely tapped it's potential.

What part of the game is this my nigga?!?!

You still on the iPhone 3S?

niggas willing to buy a new phone every year or two but won't put money down on a new console every 6 years.

That's the most brainless argument I've ever seen. First of all, there are very likely more improvements made in the two years between phone releases than there are in the 6 years beyond console releases. Two, people change phones every 2 years because they get subsidized pricing incentives to do so, no such thing happens with video game consoles. Three, phone lifetimes and most certainly phone battery lifetimes typically aren't all that long, so most people are at a point where they have to change phones every two or three years, again not the case with game consoles. Finally, phones go into obsolescence a lot faster than consoles. Like I said, the PS3 hasn't even been used to it's max potential.

Anyway dude, try to read better. I didn't say I wouldn't buy the PS4. I said they needed to bring something that makes it worth buying. If they are going to drop another expensive console where in the end it boils down to better graphics, that's a waste of money at this point And so far, based on leaks I haven't heard anything particularly groundbreaking about either of the upcoming next gen consoles.

No offense but I didn't read that block of text..... Nor do I give a fuck about whatever it is you are trying to debate about.

I'm buying PS4 day 1..... $600 aint shit to me.
    VIBEtexas409Breezy_Kilroy
    iyxNjydWyPsel.gif

yes2hjk3p.gif

OSonsBH.gif

iboOGH7ls0TEvc.gif

PS4 coming for you bitches
    edited February 2013
    can't wait

iJ4TCbBDoJxqk.gif

PS4 reveal.
    Improved DualShock controller.
    Guerrilla Games announces new game
    Media Molecules new game
    Evolution Studios new racing game
    Battlefield 4
    The Last Guardian moved to PS4 (maybe)

Ill be back in 6 days. Catch you bitches later

nib95ObamaKazifiedResize.gif
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude you don't need to hype it even when they do make it official we still have to wait several months til the release!!!

Which reminds me ***counts money, gamestop credit, & marks calendar for the release of the PS4***
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True fanboyism. Dickriding a console before its even out.
    CeLLaR-DooRgenocidecutterCutler 26 INT's LOL!
    edited February 2013
    Karl. wrote: »

I had PS1, PS2, PS3.

Sony has never failed to deliver. Go play Halo you little queer.
    VIBEearth two supermantexas409
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had PS1, PS2, PS3.

So did I. I have a psp and vita too.

You want a medal or something?
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PlayStation 4 is going to be unveiled this week, but it looks like it will not be debuting alone, as three new PS4 games have been alleged to debut on the same day.

According to a report from 30PlusGamer on Friday, three new titles are looking like they will debut this coming Feb. 20th.

The three titles look like they will indeed be "Killzone 4," potentially the next installment in "LittleBigPlanet" and another sequel from the "Motorstorm" series.

A few days ago, game director at Evolution Studios, Paul Rustchynsky, sent out a message regarding an announcement of an upcoming game from the studio.

Rustchynsky simply said, "10 days!"

For those who know what will take place 10 days from when Rustchynsky sent out that tweet, you would be correct if you said the PlayStation event.

People have been wondering if there would be an announcement for just the system or if it would also include game reveals, and this certainly points to the latter.

Then, Evolution Studios game designer, Will Maiden, sent out tweets talking about a new project that seems to be very tenacious in its design and format.

"Been stressing all week about a design being overambitious, just been told by the coders implementing that we get BETTER, for LESS WORK!

"People walking around the studio asking 'do you have the package?' Sounds like we're in a spy thriller," Maiden said.

No indications were made as to whether or not this would be an exclusive title or for all platforms.

Given the countdown mentioned by Rustchynsky above, it looks like whatever the title is they will announce, it will be a next-generation title and it will be unveiled along with the PS4.

http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-4-announcement-to-reveal-killzone-4-and-two-other-titles

I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    DNB1
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had PS1, PS2, PS3.

So did I. I have a psp and vita too.

You want a medal or something?

why did you get a vita? lol
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days, yo....

If they say it gets a release date in the summer....I might buss a nut...
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive actually wondered that. has a system ever released in the summer? you would think it would make sense since kids are out of school. but at the same time families go on vacation too, and they wouldn't want kids indoors in the summer.
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sega released a console a day after E3...lol
    1z56els.jpg
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no problem with an early release, certain kids gonna have to wait till christmas anyway....

If Sony are confident, and give no fucks about the GayBox 720, they should release it July/August...

But honestly, I'm expecting October/November
  • scoop1215scoop1215 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    link http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/18/report-ps4-heavily-integrated-with-gaikai-youtube-social-networks

Wall Street Journal’s sources indicate that PS4 will interact heavily with social services, and will allow direct video upload to YouTube, straight from the console. You may even be able to "compete" with players on other hardware, though what that specifically means remains to be seen.

The new PlayStation also will allow players to share achievements on social networks through smoother links to Facebook or Twitter, while also enabling aspects such as sharing footage of game play online through YouTube, people familiar with Sony’s plans said. Sony’s new console may also allow users to compete against others using different hardware, such as smartphones and other portable devices, those people said.
  • CallMeWelvinCallMeWelvin Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to capture gameplay without a capture card... or dvr .... caught damn Sony saving me 200 bucks

Can't wait

genocidecutterocelotearth two supermanKINGEC
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Being able to capture gameplay without a capture card... or dvr .... caught damn Sony saving me 200 bucks

Can't wait

Hell yeah
    Gives us back images in sigs
    CallMeWelvin
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait

Ocelot vs PimpMVP Madden 14 video on PS4 will be posted here.
    1z56els.jpg
    Michael_MaliceCallMeWelvin
    ocelot wrote: »

Can't wait

Ocelot vs PimpMVP Madden 14 video on PS4 will be posted here.

Hell Yeah... the ps4 will make a lot of niggas eat crow. I'm recording everything b.
    ocelot
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sony’s new console may arrive in November and be controllable with smartphones.

A new rumor suggests that PlayStation 4 is due this November and will be available at two price points. According to Kotaku, anonymous sources say the PlayStation 4 is currently planned for two SKUs at $429 and $529 respectively, though “that could change.”

The source also suggests that “you'll also be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine.” The second half of that rumor seems to be in line with Sony’s recent changes to the accessibility of the PlayStation Store, which expanded to browsers last month.

Finally, the source suggests “that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.”

Yesterday, rumors suggested that the next PlayStation will be heavily integrated with social networks and new domain registrations earlier today pointed to a service called PlayStation Cloud. For now, it’s unclear what Sony is planning for its next console, but we should be finding out much more information tomorrow.

Want to get the most out of Sony’s announcement? Be sure to watch it live on IGN for expert analysis, Rewind Theaters and much more.
    I'm copping the 529. Gonna preorder it at GS tomorrow as soon as they officially announce it.

joshuaboy1CK1S
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I'm copping the 529. Gonna preorder it at GS tomorrow as soon as they officially announce it.

Aren't you going to wait a bit longer?

depends on what it drops with
    ohhhla wrote: »

Aren't you going to wait a bit longer?

Nope. Sony never disappoints. Plus, I've read most of the "rumors" and it's shaping up to be great.