Are you aware of the fiasco that happened in Tulsa, OK in the early 20th century?

Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
THIS POLL IS ANONYMOUS. PLEEEEEEASE ANSWER TRUTHFULLY.

Not just the fiasco, but do you know the history of Tulsa, OK? If you feel like you heard the name before but cannot give a basic summary (it's very straightforward) then the answer is "no". Nothing wrong with that, just trying to maintain the integrity of the poll results as much as possible.

Just a small, meaningless survey.

Are you aware of the fiasco that happened in Tulsa, OK in the early 20th century?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.
Ms.Scorp

Replies

• StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why you wanna know for
    Meta_ConsciousYoung Stef
  • KatKat Posts: 36,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might know about it and have just forgotten that I know, but I voted school me for now.
    gns
  • Negros in Tulsa are barely aware nor do they care what happen.

Are you aware of what's going on on the Northside (the north of Green Wood) of Tulsa, Ok today? That's a little more relevant.
    StoneColdMikey
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    them race riots.
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,100 Regulator

Here's what they really think about you
    Ms.Scorpedwardnigma
  • bubbaclot wrote: »
    Negros in Tulsa are barely aware nor do they care what happen.

Are you aware of what's going on on the Northside (the north of Green Wood) of Tulsa, Ok today? That's a little more relevant.

what happens in north tulsa?
  • Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Here is a full documentary via Youtube with the story along with eye-witness accounts.

I'm not trying to undermine anyone's intelligence by assuming people do not know the story. But they do consider this "Black History Month" so I choose "celebrate" by shedding light on those who have not had the fortune of running across this important piece of unspoken history. I am not an expert on this subject, nor do I expect or want anyone to use me as a reliable source today, so I refer you to this video.

You'd rather some microwavable popcorn and visuals instead of my titangraphs, right?
    Kat
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo this ratchet mess had me dying, lmao
    VIBEwhitecrackerSleepwalkingInJapanDMTxTHCMeta_ConsciousStoneColdMikeyMrCrookedLetterDWOiron man1G MackCashmoneyDuxMs.ScorpCaingns

The same shit that happens in every other Negro community. A lot of Negros killing Negros and destroying their own community.

In all reality Blacks in Tulsa recovered well after those riots. North tulsa was once mostly full of good working class black people and for the upper class Negros there was/is Gilcrease Hills. This was long after the riots.

What happen? These Negroes decided that they wanted to imitate the Gangs in Cali!!

How do I know? I grew up inbetween Tulsa and Cali. After my parents divorced my mom moved back to Tulsa where she was from and my Dad stayed in Cali and I would spend a year with one parent then a year with the other parent until the 11th grade.

bubbaclot wrote: »

The same shit that happens in every other Negro community. A lot of Negros killing Negros and destroying their own community.

In all reality Blacks in Tulsa recovered well after those riots. North tulsa was once mostly full of good working class black people and for the upper class Negros there was/is Gilcrease Hills. This was long after the riots.

What happen? These Negroes decided that they wanted to imitate the Gangs in Cali!!

How do I know? I grew up inbetween Tulsa and Cali. After my parents divorced my mom moved back to Tulsa where she was from and my Dad stayed in Cali and I would spend a year with one parent then a year with the other parent until the 11th grade.

We are talking about history, not present-day.
    Matt-Ajackson17
  • Perfect wrote: »

I know. That's the problem.

So much focus on the past while the present passes.
    Kat

fareal what school you go to..
    Perfect wrote: »

I know. That's the problem.

So much focus on the past while the present passes.

You are welcome to address a problem in any way you would like in your thread, but this thread is pertaining to history.
    Ajackson17illedoutedwardnigma
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read about it a long time ago and it makes me very angry.

McClain

McClain

sorry bruh..
    bubbaclotgns
  • illedoutilledout Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait until more people comment
    before I speak on how the story was told to me..
    Im sure there will be alot of opinions in this thread..

I remember the way my teacher explained was different
    than how my 87 year old grandma told me..
    Ajackson17

McClain

sorry bruh..

Lol. I know right.
    We went up to Booker T. at lunch and after school because they had the lightskin smart pretty girls that liked thugs. Lol

Do you or have you ever lived in Tulsa?
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Past, present, and future are all important and should have equal importance.

Equal importance? Eh...

It's important to understand and acknowledge your past to better your future, but nothing is more important than the present.
    Ajackson17Young Stefedwardnigma

McClain

sorry bruh..

Lol. I know right.
    We went up to Booker T. at lunch and after school because they had the lightskin smart pretty girls that liked thugs. Lol

Do you or have you ever lived in Tulsa?

yea whole life tryna find a way to make it out...yea btw be havin the baddest girls man
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 God King Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Equal importance? Eh...

It's important to understand and acknowledge your past to better your future, but nothing is more important than the present.

Nope, they all have equal importance. The past is for understanding and learning, gaining knowledge and wisdom. Not to make the same mistakes, a sense of pride and guidance. The present is taking the positive and ushering out a new future. Thus they are all equally important.
    Judah Backiron man1rico_ENSedwardnigma
  • shit happensshit happens Do She Got Dat ASS? C.Y.P.M.V.D. to me shes jus a piece of pussy i respect da game and keep it pushinPosts: 8,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall thug town my ass yall outchea on that petty gang shit shits down right tragic yall like the ass hole of Oklahoma jus shitty
    Ajackson17bubbaclot

Equal importance? Eh...

Nope, they all have equal importance. The past is for understanding and learning, gaining knowledge and wisdom. Not to make the same mistakes, a sense of pride and guidance. The present is taking the positive and ushering out a new future. Thus they are all equally important.

Thus I disagree..but okay.