The Official NFL Draft/Offseason thread

Replies

• south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherman talks too much, do something first then u can talk shit
    greenwood1921
  • allday1992allday1992 Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anybody's saying Sherman's a bad player somebody just needs to have that "you ain't that nice" talk with him
    south4lifegreenwood1921caddo man
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 46,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Richard Sherman talking about "get your interceptions up" QB's hardly threw to Revis. So it would be hard for him to get INT's. Sherman is gonna get humbled next season.

And what if he doesn't ?
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 15,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate when folks that won't even go against each other on the field pop off. Sherman made an accurate statement and Teddy caught feelings
    Matt-DaBull
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    How is he a fake all-pro?

What does that even mean?

Real All-Pro = Perennial, certified, not flash in the pan, no P.E.D.'s, game is bigger than his mouth, niggas knew who he was 14 months ago.

FAKE ALL PRO = The opposite of everything above.

So the Falcons winning a playoff game a flash in the pan since they always fail so bad in the post season?

Give that man his props. Being a all-pro ain't a easy thing, even if its just one time.

Not counting the White TD, he only give up one TD in two years. That's what the stats said on NFL network

Lame reach. But if there was a Falcon fan talking shit like the Falcons are hands down the best team in the league -- then yeah, somebody could make that argument. Problem is - it ain't. Just a reach based on the fact that you don't have a real rebuttal to the fact that dude was a nobody 14 months ago.

Not to mention that the Falcons were in the playoffs for 4 out of 5 years. Being a pro-bowler or a All-pro means you're in the "conversation" as one of the best just like being in the playoffs makes you a contender.

So yet again you're comparing a perennial to a flavor of the month.

Try again.
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real All-Pro = Perennial, certified, not flash in the pan, no P.E.D.'s, game is bigger than his mouth, niggas knew who he was 14 months ago.

So the Falcons winning a playoff game a flash in the pan since they always fail so bad in the post season?

Give that man his props. Being a all-pro ain't a easy thing, even if its just one time.

Not counting the White TD, he only give up one TD in two years. That's what the stats said on NFL network

Lame reach. But if there was a Falcon fan talking shit like the Falcons are hands down the best team in the league -- then yeah, somebody could make that argument. Problem is - it ain't. Just a reach based on the fact that you don't have a real rebuttal to the fact that dude was a nobody 14 months ago.

Not to mention that the Falcons were in the playoffs for 4 out of 5 years. Being a pro-bowler or a All-pro means you're in the "conversation" as one of the best just like being in the playoffs makes you a contender.

Try again.

He allowed one TD in two years. He playing lights out two years in a row.

I'll bet that you would take him over any corner that's on your team and over 95% of the corners in the league

I'll give the man his props for that. He balled two years strong.
    DaBull

Try again.

I'll bet that you would take him over any corner that's on your team and over 95% of the corners in the league

Speaking of the Falcons and "TD's allowed".

The Falcons gave up the least amount of passing TD's in the NFL last year.

I guess that means we got the best secondary in the league right? Maybe Asante, Dunta, and McClain should be on twitter trolling too right?

Go ahead and get gassed up by a player having ONE all pro season.

I'll save my props for the nikkas that do it multiple years.
  • TheBossmanTheBossman Fly Eagles Fly Mulfucka! Posts: 14,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try again.

I guess that means we got the best secondary in the league right? Maybe Asante, Dunta, and McClain should be on twitter trolling too right?

like winning more than 1 playoff game during a regime where they won more regular season games than anyone else in their conference?
    DaBullgreenwood1921CottonCitySlimYoung Gunner
  • numbaz...80's babynumbaz...80's baby Posts: 24,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye aye aye, we aint gotta shit on my Falcons now. Lol, everything is process.
  • DaBullDaBull Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikka in here gettin SONNED wit str8 facts..............................
  • allday1992allday1992 Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand this is a Greenwood issue and not a Falcons problem so I'm gonna disregard some of the talking
    DaBullgreenwood1921caddo man
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    i don't have a problem with Sherman talking to/about Revis. He didn't lie and his play often times backs up his talking. So he's not acting out of pocket.

with that said, I wouldn't want a player on my team acting/talking like this, even if it is warranted. and even if my team sucks and couldn't draft, trade for, or sign a decent cornerback even if -shit i don't know. damnit. damnit this is why i haven't fucked with this thread.
    It's obvious niggas can't refute what I'm saying, so instead they reaching for the Falcons when all that does is prove my point even further.

The team equivalent of "being an All Pro" is making the playoffs -- So the more these niggas mention the falcons the more it proves my point.

How many teams win the super bowl every year?

How many DB's make it to the Pro-Bowl every year?

Thanks for playing. Keep trying.

TheBossman wrote: »

Try again.

like winning more than 1 playoff game during a regime where they won more regular season games than anyone else in their conference?

Or like having multiple losing seasons with a "dream team" roster.

• HustleTXHustleTX Posts: 20,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    i don't have a problem with Sherman talking to/about Revis. He didn't lie and his play often times backs up his talking. So he's not acting out of pocket.

with that said, I wouldn't want a player on my team acting/talking like this, even if it is warranted. and even if my team sucks and couldn't draft, trade for, or sign a decent cornerback even if -shit i don't know. damnit. damnit this is why i haven't fucked with this thread.

And like I said initially, I knew it would come to this with Sherman, and I can't really blame him. Everybody from the networks to the innanets start dickriding him the last few months, so it would take a humble, level headed nikka to not wake up thinking he's the shit, regardless of how short his resume is.

• BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy $ Migraine Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep revis let his heart bleed a lil...his catching of feelings was unwarrented. As far as Sherman...he balled two yrs straight like shiz pointed out...IMO this upcoming season is gon be his "make or break" teams gon go at him heavy. We really gon see what he bout. Specially the way the nigga run his mouth. With all that said....Revis >>>> Sherman....for now at least
    Yep revis let his heart bleed a lil...his catching of feelings was unwarrented. As far as Sherman...he balled two yrs straight like shiz pointed out...IMO this upcoming season is gon be his "make or break" teams gon go at him heavy. We really gon see what he bout. Specially the way the nigga run his mouth. With all that said....Revis >>>> Sherman....for now at least

Yeah, Revis really shouldn't have justified this nigga's shit talking with a response, however, he did speak his name in a public forum. You do that, you best be prepared to get sized up.

But I agree, nigga better re-up on his P.E.D.'s cause WR's and QB's will be gunning for this nikka.

Nigga talked shit to one of the best QB's in the league, one of the best WR's in the league, and one of the best CB's in the league in a span of about 6 months.

I remember the last cat to start feeling himself thanks to the media and microwave dickriders...

c783775ba4ac4fa39a314c63a64e5520_324.jpg

...And his career and life fell off like a brick immediately afterward.

But at least he had several strong years before the hype built up.
    BeleeDatPleighboy
  • BeleeDatPleighboyBeleeDatPleighboy $ Migraine Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Film of this nigga as already been broken down a millie times over....all im saying is he better get ready to earn that salary....
    Film of this nigga as already been broken down a millie times over....all im saying is he better get ready to earn that salary....

He's still on his rookie deal ain't he?

Now, from a marketing perspective, I understand the shit talk.

These days, fans and the media measure talent by "notoriety". (Hence people didn't start giving Roddy White his props until he became a twitter troll) and even Deion Sanders admitted that his "persona" was mostly marketing.

So this manufactured/microwave hype will indeed add a couple million to his next deal and even bring in a couple endorsements.

But as far as football, it ain't shit.
  • En-Fuego22En-Fuego22 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭✭

These days, fans and the media measure talent by "notoriety". (Hence people didn't start giving Roddy White his props until he became a twitter troll) and even Deion Sanders admitted that his "persona" was mostly marketing.

So this manufactured/microwave hype will indeed add a couple million to his next deal and even bring in a couple endorsements.

I got you bro

kleenex.png?t=1317945797
    greenwood1921DaBull
    edited February 2013
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

I got you bro

kleenex.png?t=1317945797

Yeah you right, I'm mad about a nigga that got torched by my squad and whose team got beat by my squad the last two times they played.

Yeah, that shit burn slow bruh. Hand me another kleenex...