The Official NFL Draft/Offseason thread

Replies

• Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    so the Giants released Bradshaw.... I hope this means they're going after Jackson from St Louis.

i'm pretty sure that's not at all what it means
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. The Fieldhouse. Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cap casualties time.
    infamous114
  • (ob)Scene(ob)Scene Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    so the Giants released Bradshaw.... I hope this means they're going after Jackson from St Louis.
    i'm pretty sure that's not at all what it means

I know... I have confidence the Front Office knows what they're doing though. When Tiki retired before the 07 season people thought we'd be trash and we went on to win the Bowl.
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh @ giants releasing players responsible for 2 SB championships

#noloyalty
    south4life_Menace_
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

lurker.jpg

En-Fuego22huey
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 15,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

i liked what i saw from andre brown , i hope he's an every down back.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting hurt never helps They seen that Wilson and Brown can carry that load
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giants are cleaning house but if they released Bradshaw diehl and Webster better be next. Bradshaw was still producing can't say the same for the other two
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Eagles might be interested in bringing back Quintin Mikell, Grantham is still in the mix for DC position, Vick won't be cut today, and white folks are STILL mad

My good friend an eagles fan he can't stand any of the safeties. Especially coleman

I'd keep Coleman as a backup. Dude plays with heart. Other than that...yea we need some safeties
  • (ob)Scene(ob)Scene Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eyes low wrote: »
    Giants are cleaning house but if they released Bradshaw diehl and Webster better be next. Bradshaw was still producing can't say the same for the other two

Well Bradshaw was the big name. They got rid of Canty & Boley too. Pray to god Webster goes.
  • MeTaLMeTaL Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darrelle Revis may be put on the trade block and 49ers may go after him and give the jets alex smith.
  • MeTaLMeTaL Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    eyes low wrote: »

Well Bradshaw was the big name. They got rid of Canty & Boley too. Pray to god Webster goes.

Webster gotta go.. after I saw that raven game against the giants where Torrey smith burnt his ass 6 times.. I was like, this nigga gotta go..
    bigev240
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, they was talking about it on Monday up here. Injuries really hurt him this year.
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 20,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is goldston a unrestricted free agent?
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't keep up with College Football cause that shit wack as fuck, but the Bears need a TE, who are the best one's in the draft?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morris Day wrote: »
    I don't keep up with College Football cause that shit wack as fuck, but the Bears need a TE, who are the best one's in the draft?

Ertz and Eifert if you want two solid tight ends. Reed from Florida is gonna need a little more work but he's athletic and he could be good with time.. he's a converted qb
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 20,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morris Day wrote: »

Ertz and Eifert if you want two solid tight ends. Reed from Florida is gonna need a little more work but he's athletic and he could be good with time.. he's a converted qb

That nigga is weak bruh.

His route running skillsis bad.

He's not a bug dude physical dude, and when you're not you got to be able to run routes.

• TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 15,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Raiders will lower seating capacity
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/raiders-will-lower-seating-capacity/

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
    Kansas City Chiefs v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

The Raiders are taking a page out of the Jaguars’ playbook, not on the field but in the stands.

In what is being termed a “capacity adjustment,” the Raiders are planning to block off many upper-deck seats, CSNBayArea.com reports. The move is reminiscent of the tarps the Jaguars have put up in their stadium, blocking off thousands of seats that they’re unable to sell.

Although it is not yet known how many seats the Raiders will block off, it will likely give the Raiders the NFL’s lowest seating capacity. The Raiders already had the second-lowest capacity at 63,132, higher only than the Bears, who can seat 61,500 at Soldier Field.

The Raiders are expected to close “Mount Davis,” the upper deck addition that was part of the deal that got the Raiders to move back to Oakland from Los Angeles in 1996. That addition, which blocked the view of the Oakland hills that was long considered one of the nicest features of the Oakland Coliseum, has long been controversial, and the “Mount Davis” nickname was a shot at the late Raiders owner Al Davis.

The Raiders have frequently struggled to sell tickets in Oakland, and most of their home games have been blacked out. In 2012 they had only one blackout, thanks in part to the new NFL rule that allowed teams to lift blackouts while selling only 85 percent of their tickets.

well damn..... i didn't know it was this bad out their. i agree the raiders got some of the most loyal fan bases out their, but it ain't alot of them....... @_Menace_ what's going on out their fam?
    Crazy because after a 4-12 season, Lurie and them are upping the ticket prices at the Linc. They trying hard to get a superbowl to come to Philly.
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Raiders will lower seating capacity
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/raiders-will-lower-seating-capacity/

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
    Kansas City Chiefs v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

The Raiders are taking a page out of the Jaguars’ playbook, not on the field but in the stands.

In what is being termed a “capacity adjustment,” the Raiders are planning to block off many upper-deck seats, CSNBayArea.com reports. The move is reminiscent of the tarps the Jaguars have put up in their stadium, blocking off thousands of seats that they’re unable to sell.

Although it is not yet known how many seats the Raiders will block off, it will likely give the Raiders the NFL’s lowest seating capacity. The Raiders already had the second-lowest capacity at 63,132, higher only than the Bears, who can seat 61,500 at Soldier Field.

The Raiders are expected to close “Mount Davis,” the upper deck addition that was part of the deal that got the Raiders to move back to Oakland from Los Angeles in 1996. That addition, which blocked the view of the Oakland hills that was long considered one of the nicest features of the Oakland Coliseum, has long been controversial, and the “Mount Davis” nickname was a shot at the late Raiders owner Al Davis.

The Raiders have frequently struggled to sell tickets in Oakland, and most of their home games have been blacked out. In 2012 they had only one blackout, thanks in part to the new NFL rule that allowed teams to lift blackouts while selling only 85 percent of their tickets.

well damn..... i didn't know it was this bad out their. i agree the raiders got some of the most loyal fan bases out their, but it ain't alot of them....... @_Menace_ what's going on out their fam?

Shiiiiieeeeettt

I mean in 2010 and 2011 they had no blackouts (we had a top 10 offense those years) till greg knapp came and fuck it up and since they trolled us looking like they would make the playoffs people wanted to be at the games.

but no one is gonna buy tickets to watch Oakland play if nothing exciting is going on and if they cant get more than 8wins.

People go to Raider games just to "kick it" like literally you can smoke a blunt during the game and its fights nonstop.... Raider games aint what it used to be....

Hopefully shit changes
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn we cut Bradshaw. I dont like how the just signed him to a deal then cut him a year into it..... u want loyalty from players but do shit like this. Wilson is ready to be the started but Brown isnt better that Bradshaw
    huey
    edited February 2013
    smh @ giants releasing players responsible for 2 SB championships

#noloyalty

Make sense to me --- cap wise. The downside to winning is that everybody an' their grandma from the towel boy to the QB will want more paper.

Many of these players are being shipped out before they can get that pay day and the Giants not making the playoffs this year makes it easier from a PR standpoint.

*shrug*

If anybody questions their moves, all they have to say is "You mean those guys that helped miss the playoffs and get shut out by the Falcons?"

Cold business, bruh.
    SleepwalkingInJapanCP203Young Stef
    The Falcons re-signed Robert McClain without anybody knowing.

it's a 2 year, 1 million dollar deal or some shit. Not bad at all for a solid nickle corner. TD(GM) did it again.

We got Asante(LCB) and McClain(Nickle Corner). Now it's just a waiting game to see wtf we're going to do with Dunta and Grimes. We need another starting corner. Dunta is already under contract but he's a cap casualty. Something needs to be done about that shit. I honestly think him and McClain is about the same talent wise. Just about a 7.5 million dollar difference in pay this season. Whoever is cheaper between Grimes and Dunta. I'd rather have Grimes though.

Bobbie Ro-Mack!

If Grime Time is gon' ^^^ that's my new fav cat on the squad.

Tommy D be finding these DB's in the gabbage can.
    Eagles released Demetress Bell
    peagle05